+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: 1/29 AI 13: Audition #5: Salt Lake City

1/29 AI 13: Audition #5: Salt Lake City

I see no one even bothered to start a thread last night. Has everyone already given up on this season? Well not me!

I am astounded at the level of the talent this year top to bottom. And I am pleasantly shocked & surprised at how many of these kids are auditioning with original material & how good most of it is. This has the earmarks of being a down in the mud dog fight from beginning to end.

I thought there were some missteps last night. JLo argued for on e girl that played guitar & sang, she had on polka dots & I thought she was really good, but Harry & Keith passed. I would have leaned to JLo's side of that argument. And then they put through the rappers daughter which had to have been out of respect to her Dad, because she wasn't all that. And, then there was Tequila. They put through this screaming mess of a "singer" for some reason, perhaps they were all drinking her name sake.

Anyway, as I said, I think this has possibility of being a great season with more than a few possible winners.

Perhaps others will come back to these threads next week after the auditions end & Hollywood week begins?
    ilja likes this.

To the Point

Re: Salt Lake City

I'm watching, though I DVR pretty much everything and watch later so that I can FF. I am enjoying this part of this season. I don't always agree with the judges, but they still have plenty of time to eliminate people and they have to put through people. I haven't necessarily been blown away by anyone yet but I am not counting this season out.

I enjoyed last night. I'm really enjoying the judges this year. HC brings fresh air to the panel.
    angelic_one2002 and ilja like this.

FORT Fogey

I am playing catch-up and have just finished watching last week's recorded auditions. We got very unexpectedly snowed in big time for us in the Deep South and no one is or has gone anywhere for 3 days now, so I am getting caught up. I will be able to comment soon though I will be late on the previous auditions. I can say to this point that I like the auditions much better this seasons than past seasons. They are showing us fewer of the ridiculously bad ones although one look at the huge crowds alone is enough to me to indicate that all of them can't sing. As always, my heart hurts for those who have ability or marginal ability but tremendous desire and motivation who don't get their shot regardless of how that pans out in the process. It is hard to see their broken hearts and for me not to respond.
    ilja likes this.

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

Re: Audition #5: Salt Lake City

I also taped it but haven't had a chance to watch it yet. I, too, am really enjoying this season. Sorry I couldn't get in to open the thread.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Re: 1/30 AI 13: Audition #5: Salt Lake City

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    I see no one even bothered to start a thread last night. Has everyone already given up on this season? Well not me!

I am astounded at the level of the talent this year top to bottom. And I am pleasantly shocked & surprised at how many of these kids are auditioning with original material & how good most of it is. This has the earmarks of being a down in the mud dog fight from beginning to end.

I thought there were some missteps last night. JLo argued for on e girl that played guitar & sang, she had on polka dots & I thought she was really good, but Harry & Keith passed. I would have leaned to JLo's side of that argument. And then they put through the rappers daughter which had to have been out of respect to her Dad, because she wasn't all that. And, then there was Tequila. They put through this screaming mess of a "singer" for some reason, perhaps they were all drinking her name sake.

Anyway, as I said, I think this has possibility of being a great season with more than a few possible winners.

Perhaps others will come back to these threads next week after the auditions end & Hollywood week begins?
    I have been saying the same thing about this season. I don't remember seeing this much talent before this season! It use to be with every season we'd see a few who would get the ticket to go through, and many in between who didn't. This season, it seems there's more talent/potential I see, than not.
    ilja likes this.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

I agree on the girl they passed on. I thought she had a wonderful rich tone. Why not put her through when they've put through so many blonde warblers that all look/sound the same to me. I hope she tries again another year.
    I LOVED the part where they showed the judges breaking into their fields. 10 yr. old Harry was adorable!!!! JLo was scary! Keith was meh, but he was very young.
    Count your blessings!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002 View Post
    I have been saying the same thing about this season. I don't remember seeing this much talent before this season! It use to be with every season we'd see a few who would get the ticket to go through, and many in between who didn't. This season, it seems there's more talent/potential I see, than not.
    I can remember in seasons past watching/listening to a contestant and sort of mentally scratching my head, thinking, "Did I see him/her during auditions? I don't remember that one." In retrospect, I think the producers really were more centered on showing the bad and really atrocious auditions (for ratings) often at the expense of the good ones that made it through. We still are seeing some bad - varying shades of cringing bad - ones for entertainment and to see the kind of thing the judges see throughout the day, but the producers are doing a much better job in the editing at cherry picking the reasonable, good, and very good auditions. Thus, I think I will at least recognize most of them when we see them again in Hollywood and certainly as they narrow down to the competition stage.
    ilja likes this.

I think for the most part, the bad auditions that have been shown have come from folks that had been caught bragging & boasting about how great they were. And they weren't doing so in an attempt to get on TV, they were just damn sure they were that good & everyone else was going to lose. People love to see braggarts get their comeuppance.

I believe that before we get to the voting stage we will have seen everyone more than once & be pretty familiar with them all.

While I have not always been an Idol fan, so far, this is my favorite season I've ever watched. I am loving the level of talent and so many of the original songs. I too was on J-lo's side on that one girl but I don't think she would have been a winner even if she had made it through. Of course, as we all know, one doesn't have to win to be successful thanks to this show.

I've loving Harry. I'm loving the chemistry between him and Keith.

I hope they keep up with what they are doing. Usually at this point in the season, I barely watch because I don't enjoy the cringe-worthy moments. I feel really bad for most of them.

I don't know if it's so much better because last year was so much worse but it's working . . . so far.
    angelic_one2002 likes this.
    Will you accept my dancing rose bro as a 'special powers' idol?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast