+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: The Idol Tour

The Idol Tour

I didn't see a thread for updates to the tour, but I thought everyone would want to know that they have already cancelled 25% of the upcoming shows.The producers are laying it off to extended rehearsals cutting into the actual tour. It's too bad really because this could have been a big payday for these kids. Anyway, everything prior to July 5th is gone. Here are the cancelled dates:

June 29 St. Louis, MO Chaifetz Arena
    June 30 Kansas City, MO Sprint Center
    July 2 Minneapolis, MN Target Center
    July 5 Detroit, IL Joe Louis Arena
    July 6 Rosemont, IL Allstate Arena Rescheduled to August 12 Trenton NJ CANCELLED
    July 8 Tulsa, OK BOK Center
    July 10 Broomfield, CO 1STBANK Center
    July 12 Las Vegas, NV Mandalay Bay Events Center
    July 13 Ontario, CA Citizens Business BankArena
    July 14 Oakland, CA The Oracle Arena

We'll see if any more of them will be rescheduled.

Re: The Idol Tour

Color me shocked!

Not really.
    Will you accept my dancing rose bro as a 'special powers' idol?

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

After all these years, they can't blame it on rehearsal time; that is just ridiculous. What they can probably blame is low ticket sales to match the low ratings. But it is curious that it is just the month of June cancelled.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I wonder if the recent devastating storms, tornadoes and torrential rainstorms and flooding may possibly be contributing to this. Since some in the Midwest seem logical, they would then have to try to reschedule to maximize it geographically.

Weatherwise it has been a very strange year so far ... and now ... it is Hurricane season!

The other thing is some of them have made or are making appearances elsewhere, and we all know interest in AI has been in a decline for some time.

They might consider coordinating the tour route/schedule with the auditions
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    I wonder if the recent devastating storms, tornadoes and torrential rainstorms and flooding may possibly be contributing to this. Since some in the Midwest seem logical, they would then have to try to reschedule to maximize it geographically.

Weatherwise it has been a very strange year so far ... and now ... it is Hurricane season!

The other thing is some of them have made or are making appearances elsewhere, and we all know interest in AI has been in a decline for some time.

They might consider coordinating the tour route/schedule with the auditions
    Since Carrie won back in Season 4 (I don't know about before then because I wasn't watching until Season 3 & there weren't any Country folks that year), all of those that could be considered Country have always been in Nashville for CMA Music Fest Week & most sing at the Opry during that week as well. So, the other appearances don't seem to be an issue. I just think that with all the mediocre guys & a personality challenged winner that is supposed to be the big draw, this is going to be a hard sell.
    Misty8723 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    Since Carrie won back in Season 4 (I don't know about before then because I wasn't watching until Season 3 & there weren't any Country folks that year), all of those that could be considered Country have always been in Nashville for CMA Music Fest Week & most sing at the Opry during that week as well. So, the other appearances don't seem to be an issue. I just think that with all the mediocre guys & a personality challenged winner that is supposed to be the big draw, this is going to be a hard sell.
    I am sure you are right about the hard sell in general. I know the tickets are expensive and most younger girls are not going to sell out a house to come scream for any of the Top 5! Maybe they need to take the people who are being "approached" to be judges along. I think Adam, Clay and Kelly would be draws and maybe Jennifer too.

I don't know if any here have been to a tour concert ... but I went to one and thought the concert itself was pretty cheesy. I wouldn't spend a nickel to see many of them from this past season ... except maybe Kree, Angela, Janelle ... and Lazaro actually might be fun, ... but I'd still only spend a nickel.
    Last edited by echo226; 06-01-2013 at 04:10 PM.

Mohandas Gandhi

I went to all the concerts, with the exception being the year Taylor won, until the season that Kris Allen won. I love the cheese, but it has to come with entertainment or people I like for me to plunk down money for a ticket. This year was mediocre in talent and entertainment for me.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Quote Originally Posted by JLuvs View Post
    I went to all the concerts, with the exception being the year Taylor won, until the season that Kris Allen won. I love the cheese, but it has to come with entertainment or people I like for me to plunk down money for a ticket. This year was mediocre in talent and entertainment for me.
    Funny. The one I went to was Taylor's year ... because we bought gift tickets for friends and joined them.

People were there to see Daughtry .. and Kat had an injury and just did a walk on.

Mohandas Gandhi

Here is an article with a few of the attendance figures for the tour. It ain't pretty! Oh, one more thing, Candace's album has been delayed once again, new date, February. I said it before & I'll say it again, she will be one of the worst performing winners ever. The Idol show in NC couldn't even sell 4,000 seats for the home girl.

American Idol Live 2013 Concert Box Office

It took me a minute to even remember who was on the last idol and who the winner was, that's how unmemorable it was.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast