+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: 5/16 AI 12 FINALE **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 5/16 AI 12 FINALE **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by CupidGuest View Post
    xmaskat, It would have been nice to hear Nicki singing on the Idol stage. Now that I think about it, she did sing on Idol last year. Then she asked Jennifer Lopez for her judge spot. LOL Anyway, Nicki should have sang on this finale too. It would have given us viewers who do not know her music, a chance to see/hear her.
    I saw her and heard her in a video I looked up after she became a judge (never heard of her prior to that), and I was repulsed. Maybe she has music out there that's not so disgusting, I only listened the one and got turned off to trying to find anything else. It's not that I'm a prude, I just thought it was disgusting.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723 View Post
    I saw her and heard her in a video I looked up after she became a judge (never heard of her prior to that), and I was repulsed. Maybe she has music out there that's not so disgusting, I only listened the one and got turned off to trying to find anything else. It's not that I'm a prude, I just thought it was disgusting.
    More than likely ... Mariah had "appearances" guaranteed in her contract ... and who knows about Nicki.

I am guessing it also had something to do with the conflicts between Mariah and Nicki.

Nicki did seem sort of solemn and disinterested and the first time I saw her smile/laugh was after Devin's impersonation!
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

I was just curious as to how tall Frankie Valli is so I looked it up .... He is 5'5" ... and he is ... 79 years old! WOW !

Unbelievable.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

O
    Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker View Post
    Jennifer Hudson just isn't my cup of tea. I think she is probably a very lovely woman. Lord knows her life has had some really high highs and some incredibly low lows since Idol. I admire all that she has accomplished. That being said, I much prefer the tone of Candace's voice much, much more. That isn't knocking JHud, it's strictly a preference thing.

I thought Angie and Janelle both were incredible last night. And I am excited for Angie! How cool is it to have that kind of opportunity offered. I too noticed Adam mouth "wow".
    That's what I thought also when I heard JH and Candice sing together. Candice has a prettier tone in her voice. More controlled and had more nuances. JHud, OTOH, sounds screamier and is quite in your face. I would have preferred Candice to sing with either Kath McPhee or Jordan Sparks. As for Angie, I thought a duet with Kris Allen or Lee Dewyze would be a better pairing since they are also singer/songwriters but duet with Adam turned out to be pretty good. Nobody seemed to mention Amber's duet probably because she sounded bad. Angie of course was the one they wanted to win that's why she got two performances.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    As much as I dislike Nicki, I think that not allowing her to perform was tacky. Especially, when we had to endure Jennifer Lopez. OMG, how horrific. Why was she repeatedly grabbing her crotch? Male teen singers may do that, but a 40 something woman? PLEASE. Why can't she go away?
    .....on top of J lo's disgusting display of simulating private gestures, they are actually talking of bringing her back as judge to this family oriented program ? ? ? ? ? Yes Debb, she needs to just go away!
    I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back.
    Maya Angelou

Quote Originally Posted by Vonna View Post
    .....on top of J lo's disgusting display of simulating private gestures, they are actually talking of bringing her back as judge to this family oriented program ? ? ? ? ? Yes Debb, she needs to just go away!
    And they wonder why they keep hemorrhaging viewers.
    Will you accept my dancing rose bro as a 'special powers' idol?

Quote Originally Posted by ilja View Post
    And they wonder why they keep hemorrhaging viewers.
    You would think they would have figured it out by now
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I saw a headline somewhere online that said, "JLo steals the show at the American Idol finale!" I didn't read the article, but I guess that means there are differing opinions about her appearance. I can't really judge her performance myself because I FF'd through it. And I don't think I'll be able to tolerate another season of her as a judge.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

FORT Fogey

She must have a great publicist....from somewhere came the talk about her replacing MC early in the season...curious where that started?? HMMM

Now the talk that SHE IS considering returning as a judge......curous where that started. HMMMM

The only place this stuff is coming out from is her camp.

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

JLo was interviewed on CBS Sunday Morning and said the AI experience was one of the best she has had, and yes she really liked being a judge. It is from her and her camp.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

+ Reply to Thread