+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: 5/16 AI 12 FINALE **West Coast Spoilers**

BTW
    FORT Fanatic

Re: 5/16 AI 12 FINALE **West Coast Spoilers**

I wish they had Nicki perform, instead of Jennifer Lopez.

He activates my yummy!!!! yourefired's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    Glad this season is over. Now that the producers and judges finally got their female winner, albeit fixed from the start, maybe next year they will allow some real talent in. This is the first AI season that I did not watch all the way through to the end.
    I agree that they wanted a female winner and they fixed it so they would have one. They didn't get their original pick (Amber) or even the one most of the viewers thought would win (Angie), but they did get their second choice. I'm still not sure where she fits, but I'm sure we'll be seeing her on Broadway in the next 2 years.
    Geisha Ninja Sparkle Dance
    Twirling Ninja Sparkle Dance

WooHoo Candice so excited for her. I have no problem with her being offkey since everyone else has this season to. I mean they are human. I am sure Angie was on key she had nothing emotional on the line like realizing her dream after 3 tries of being American Idol.smh

Kree good job making it to the finale, you deserved to be there.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

I just want to say YAY to those here n FORT who wanted Candace to win.

She was not MY choice .... and I am grateful to all here who tolerated me and my different viewpoints.

With regard to the winners ... not a WGWG ... but like the other female winners since Carrie ... it is a BGWBV
    that is .... a Big Girl With Big Voice
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by yourefired View Post
    Where was P2? I don't think it was right to have the finale without the reigning Idol. His Home was the best selling Idol single ever and I don't think "Beautiful" is any threat to that record. I missed him.

Keith and Nicki bobbing and singing to Frankie Valli was so cute. Loved that.

Aretha via satellite was just odd. She can sing and I respect her career but it was like Gladys Knight via satellite with her Pips on stage. Just weird.

I knew Candice would win. I hope the judges are happy that they got what they wanted. I preferred Kree, but even more so I preferred previous winners like P2 and David Cook.

Overall I think it was a good finale. Agreed Nicki should have been allowed to perform if she wanted because it would give them all equal time. I hope J-Lo's appearance is not a precursor for next season. I can't handle her as a judge. Her On The 6 was a great cd back in the day, but she's gotten too predictable and her sappy critiques are too much.
    I read Phillip has had real health issues recently and had to cancel his touring. He is hoping to be better in time to tour with John Mayer in July.

Quote Originally Posted by JenCos View Post
    I read Phillip has had real health issues recently and had to cancel his touring. He is hoping to be better in time to tour with John Mayer in July.
    Right ... The season-11 winner has been ordered off the road by his doctor. He has serous kidney issues and he was just doing too much. The article I read said he didn't know if he would be "well enough" to attend the finale. Too bad they couldn't have skyped him or something. Aretha did it!

Mohandas Gandhi

I think they really need to have an Idol reunion show with as many as can make it!

Mohandas Gandhi

Umm that shirt Angie was wearing made her look pregnant.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by yourefired View Post
    I agree that they wanted a female winner and they fixed it so they would have one. They didn't get their original pick (Amber) or even the one most of the viewers thought would win (Angie), but they did get their second choice. I'm still not sure where she fits, but I'm sure we'll be seeing her on Broadway in the next 2 years.
    Not sure where she will end up, but based on what I've heard, there won't be much of her on the radio. Too many artists like her already.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Fort Member

The Aretha thing reminded me of the whole 2Pac and Freddy Mercury hologram things they did last year
    Kinda creepy and so unnecessary as the woman is alive if she could not have come to the stage they should have dropped it, really could have done without it

Was so happy JLo was no longer a judge as I thought that meant we would not be subjected to her singing anymore, appears I was wrong
    Vonna and Debb70 like this.

+ Reply to Thread