+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: 5/15 AI 12 Top 2 Performance **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 5/15 AI 12 Top 2 Performance **West Coast Spoilers**

They have always used the smaller venue up until the Finale night.

They may have gone to a much larger venue for the finale in previous seasons, but the regular ones have never been as small as the one they used this time, which was CBS Studios. I checked on how to get tickets and where it was located.

This time the regular season's venue had a stage that was smaller, there were fewer seats, the distance from the judges panel to the stage was much closer, the band area was smaller. Everything was on a much scaled down version from previous seasons.

I think it was discussed up thread, but I'll see if I can find some footage of the regular season venue from previous seasons to show what I'm talking about.

And I'm not sure if they didn't have enough people to fill a large venue during the regular season, but I find that difficult to believe. They always have a waiting list.

Unfortunately for Kree singing "Angels", there are those who watch both AI and The Voice. Last week on The Voice, Sarah (Team Adam) sang the same song, only with her, one felt as though they were floating among the clouds...Kree's version was much more quiet and didn't soar, which took away the emotional connection needed with that song. It would have been a good song for her, but the arrangement didn't do her any favors.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Kip
    FORT Fogey Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Wow, I can't believe how short this thread is. I've only watched about a half hour total this whole season. The main reason: too many judges. Nearly every time I'd flip over to hear some singing, there'd be a judge blathering on. It was bad enough when there were 3 judges. The judges rarely say anything useful; they contradict each other; their opinions carry no official weight towards the outcome. Anyway, I'd see the judges giving meaningless comments and flip back to something else. Last night, all I saw was the last song for each contestant. I thought Candice did better, but I wasn't blown away by either of them.

'm surprised nobody said it so I will. KREE IS AN IDIOT! If you win a coin toss, go last. That way you close the show. She gave that final moment to Candice when it could have been hers.
    I agree that it was probably a mistake but NOT that she is an idiot.

She may have felt more comfortable going first and getting it over with.

It's possible that she was given some bad advice.

She may have wanted to win on her singing and not on placement.

BUT ... Kree is a nice girl and I think what happened was she won the coin toss, but may have asked Candice her preference .... and was just being nice.

As info ALL the odds, all over have Candice as the winner.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Has the one going second always won? I mean, there are only two of them, it doesn't seem like it's that much of an advantage.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

I was shocked when she said she would go first after winning the coin toss. Hasn't she ever watched football? I thought she was from TN.
    Will you accept my dancing rose bro as a 'special powers' idol?

Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723 View Post
    Has the one going second always won? I mean, there are only two of them, it doesn't seem like it's that much of an advantage.
    Rueben, David Cook, Scotty & Lee Dwyze all went first.

Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723 View Post
    Being the last one up is just considered to be the favored position ... and especially when there are many contenders.

People tend to forget the first singer, speaker, performance etc. .. and the one(s) at the end stay in memory.

If you notice even in the Olympic games, the gymnasts, skaters etc.. do not like the first position ... because the judges will leave "room" to go up or down in the scoring for the contestants who follow. The only advantage is in skating ... you are coming right off the warm-up.

However ... I have given my opinion above ... and maybe someone will ask her later ....especially if she does not win.

Do Ithink it made a difference last night .... yes for those who were on the fence.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by yourefired View Post
    Would have and should have been the pimp spot if the girl had used her brain. Definitely the highlight of this otherwise boring evening.
    Maybe she didn't really want to win? Maybe she was thinking a contract outside AI was a better bet for her? Just seems really odd that she would opt to go first.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234