+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast
Like Tree77Likes

Thread: New Look for Idol post Season 12?

Re: New Look for Idol post Season 12?

I don't dislike Jennifer Hudson and FM is correct she has been through a lot, but to be honest I don't care for the way she sings since I saw her in Dream Girls. Razor said it best.

Frankly her successes in the music business have been few & far between & the only time I ever hear her sing it becomes a major scream fest. Just like the other night when she & Candice set out to screech louder & longer than the other.
    Just to add that I saw her when she was on Smash for a few shows and was not impressed. IMO she would fall under the category of someone who was trying to promote themselves.

I didn't watch this past season until the very end and Jennifer would not be one that would make me start watching again. That's just me and my opinion. I am sure her fans will be happy.

So we get rid of Nicki who I loathe to add Jhud who I loathe even more. Lovely. She may have been through alot but she just rubs me the wrong way for some reason. My feelings about people are usually dead on too. I guess I will just hit the mute button when she opens her mouth to talk.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    So we get rid of Nicki who I loathe to add Jhud who I loathe even more. Lovely. She may have been through alot but she just rubs me the wrong way for some reason. My feelings about people are usually dead on too. I guess I will just hit the mute button when she opens her mouth to talk.
    I have seen her interviewed, and she speaks well. She doesn't come across as idiotic as NM or a fluffy as Mariah
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I have seen her interviewed, and she speaks well. She doesn't come across as idiotic as NM or a fluffy as Mariah
    I still think, at the time, Jennifer was the best of the 3 Divas and I have to agree that recently she did sound a little screetchy to me. When she was on AI I heard power and tone ... the screetch is new to me.

I have heard her commercials for weight loss ... but I have not heard her interviewed or speaking extemporaneously for a very long time. Maybe that is why she doesn't "feel" right to me as a judge.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    I still think, at the time, Jennifer was the best of the 3 Divas and I have to agree that recently she did sound a little screechy to me. When she was on AI I heard power and tone ... the screech is new to me.

I have heard her commercials for weight loss ... but I have not heard her interviewed or speaking extemporaneously for a very long time. Maybe that is why she doesn't "feel" right to me as a judge.
    Does the voice change when you lose a lot of weight? I wonder- it was very powerful at one time.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Does the voice change when you lose a lot of weight? I wonder- it was very powerful at one time.
    That is an interesting question. I would think it does if only because you can breathe better.

Hudson has said that losing weight has helped her vocal range and she calls it an improvement.

Mohandas Gandhi

My dislike of her has nothing to do with her singing style. It's just she gives me a bad vibe. It's just something off with her that rubs me the wrong way.
    bee stung lips likes this.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

My dislike of her has nothing to do with her singing style. It's just she gives me a bad vibe. It's just something off with her that rubs me the wrong way.
    I know what you mean ... I think. I posted somewhere up-thread about it ... and I can't put my finger on it.

Okay ... I found it.

Of the 3 Divas on AI ...I always liked Jennifer best because I thought she was the best still do and her success has proved that point. Jennifer winning an Oscar, and accomplishing so much after being voted off at the wrong time on AI ... is what we used to call "cheaters' proof" ... and I almost feel a bit of that attitude about and from her.

It's not conceit or arrogance ... it is just that after AI, all her success and then the tragedies in her private/personal life she still has a strong presence and sense of self.

My heart goes out to her as my hat is off to her.

I think if I had to give it a word I would say she's rather guarded or self protective?. Some very bad things have happened to this woman and there's a bit of pseudo-tough about her. Okay ... that is more than a word ... but hopefully you understand

Mohandas Gandhi

I know what you mean and the one time I saw her that I started to get this different vibe from her was when I was watching the Grammy show by online streaming a few years ago. You could watch all the pre shows where the awards are given out that are not televised, and you were able to see a different side to the Red Carpet from the one that is televised. You also got to see the stars for a certain time at Clive Davis's After Party until they decided to close it, but you could watch until dinner was served. I remember seeing Jennifer come in and she was hanging all over Clive Davis. It was rather strange, to watch her, but her whole mannerism and the way she talked was not the same Jennifer I saw on AI. She was draped all over Clive the entire time. She acted like she was all it and then some. IMO I thought she was acting like she thought she was better than everyone else. It just happened that her and Clive were there very early so time was not a problem.

I know she didn't act the same way for the Red Carpet that was televised because I had that taped and the difference was like night and day. When the people set up to interview the Stars they have to identify who they are interviewing for. She did the televised interviews in the way you would expect her to do them because she and any of the Stars knew they were being seen by millions of people. When she heard it was for online streaming she could care less and it showed. Some of the Stars that they were able to stop gave nice interviews. Her and Clive walked back and forth between all the different interviews so I was able to observe her for quite some time. The only other times I have seen her is the Weight Watcher commercials and her episodes on Smash. I have never seen her do interviews, so can't speak to how she is then. Again, that would be for regular TV showing. Not trying to pick on just her as I am sure there are other Stars that act the same way, but it did change my opinion of her. I prefer the Stars that remember their fans are what got them where they are today.
    MsDiva2007 and ilja like this.

Jaceegirl said l I have never seen her do interviews, so can't speak to how she is then. Again, that would be for regular TV showing. Not trying to pick on just her as I am sure there are other Stars that act the same way, but it did change my opinion of her. I prefer the Stars that remember their fans are what got them where they are today.
    Jeniffer Hudson was eliminated from AI early and wasn't propped at first by any huge fan base. Clive Davis, I presume, is one who saw and promoted her talent. It's interesting that she wasn't a fan favorite then and still isn't. She knew that Clive was at least one person in the room who liked her. So maybe this is what Jennifer remembers.

Mohandas Gandhi

+ Reply to Thread