+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
Like Tree77Likes

Thread: New Look for Idol post Season 12?

Re: New Look for Idol post Season 12?

How about Kellie Pickler, Clay Aiken and Adam Lambert?

FOX and the producers really ought to open up a line of communication for fans to make suggestions.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

I wonder if you tweet your choices with a #American Idol Judges they would see it?
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Sorry if this has already been posted but, apparently X Factor might be reuniting Simon, Paula and Randy, as their judges.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    I wonder if you tweet your choices with a #American Idol Judges they would see it?
    I don't do twitter ... so
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    Sorry if this has already been posted but, apparently X Factor might be reuniting Simon, Paula and Randy, as their judges.
    I don't know how this can be true considering they just signed Kelly Rowland ( of Destiny's Child) and Paulina Rubino (not sure if I'm speeling her name correctly) as the new judges alongside Simon and Demi Levato. :

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

I'm glad that Nicki and Mariah won't be back. I didn't watch this season partly because I despise those two women and partly because I've always disagreed with Idol's voting system. Plus, the show was never the same once the original judges broke up.

I'm sad that Nigel Lythgoe won't be producing the show anymore. I love him on So You Think You Can Dance and would love to see him be a judge on Idol.

I think this is the beginning of the end for American Idol. Or perhaps even the middle of the end or the end of the end for it. The show's decline started years ago and I don't know if there are enough band-aids to stop the hemorrhaging now. There are so many other singing competition shows that do it better than Idol, which is more of a popularity contest than a talent contest.
    Current Pools: Face Off 7, Project Runway 13
    New Pools: DWTS 19, Registration deadline: September 22nd, Survivor 29, Registration deadline: October 1st,
    Amazing Race 25, Registration deadline: October 3rd

I didn't really know who Nicki was before I saw her on Idol. While I don't like most Rap, I had not idea she was a rapper. I personally did not like her attitude and personality.

This next statement is not meant toward anyone on here just toward Nicki. I've always had problems with folks who act like their cawcaw don't stink and that they are 3 levels above everyone else.
    MsDiva2007 likes this.
    Will you accept my dancing rose bro as a 'special powers' idol?

FORT Fogey

I'm really sorry that Keith will be gone. I really liked him as a judge, and thought he offerd a lot that was constructive. But if he has to be gone, I LOVE the idea of bringing back past Idols to be the judging panel. I've read that the motivation for that is that the audience is tired of high profile judges who make the critique all about themselves instead of the performers. THe example I heard was Mariah Carey rambling for 4 minutes and complaining that she doesn't have enough time to talk after a 90 second song was sung. I think that if they brought in past Idols - espeically if if is people like Kelly Clarkson, Melinda Doolittle, Adam Lambert who KNOW music and would be invested in the performers, it could really work well. I love the idea. I do wish they'd keep the theme nights, although I also wish producers would get the themes back to a style of music, and push the performers to really sing that style. When they really stuck to that in the old days, it was a great way to see who was truly an artist, and who just had a nice voice. I remember in season one, when they did big band music one night, Kelly stood out WAY above everyone else because she was the only one who embraced that style of music and did it well. I also remember the season that David Cook won, there were several weeks with a theme that you wondered how on earth he'd manage because the music was so different from his style - those are the weeks we got performances like Billie Jean and Always be my Baby. When they do a theme like "music of your birth year" it's too broad, it's silly, and I think it's useless. But when they do themes like country, big band, or rock ... and when the push the performers to honor those themes - it really does separate the good finalists from the great ones.

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    I'm glad that Nicki and Mariah won't be back. I didn't watch this season partly because I despise those two women and partly because I've always disagreed with Idol's voting system. Plus, the show was never the same once the original judges broke up.

I'm sad that Nigel Lythgoe won't be producing the show anymore. I love him on So You Think You Can Dance and would love to see him be a judge on Idol.

I think this is the beginning of the end for American Idol. Or perhaps even the middle of the end or the end of the end for it. The show's decline started years ago and I don't know if there are enough band-aids to stop the hemorrhaging now. There are so many other singing competition shows that do it better than Idol, which is more of a popularity contest than a talent contest.

It was the lowest watched finale AI has ever had. This IMO was because they decided a female will win, Joe public doesn't like to be told what to like
    mesachick and ilja like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    There are so many other singing competition shows that do it better than Idol, which is more of a popularity contest than a talent contest.
    See I wholeheartedly disagree. People keep saying this in regards to other singing competition shows ( ie The Voice), but I just don't see it. Aside from the blind auditions and the "spin around in red chairs" gimmick, what has The Voice ever given us? How many stars have they produced? Its been four seasons now and not one of the winners of this show has made even a shred of inroads in the music industry. Hell, no one even remembers the names of these so called winners. Whereas American Idol continuously turns out successful winners who have gone on to become true stars / celebrities, win numerous Grammys, AMA's, CMA'S, Oscars, star in movies etc. These have become household names. For that matter, even the non-winners go on to a decent level of fame.

In other words despite the problems American Idol has had over this past couple of years, they are still the juggernaut and the star making machine.

So for all The Voice' misguided notions that they're somehow more prestigious than American Idol, until they actually produce a winner who doesn't fade into obscurity the moment the finale wraps up, they will always be a poor man's American Idol, IMO

And Carson Daley: you still 'ain't Ryan Seacrest no matter how much you try to play him on TV.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    Lil Bit, Thor, Arielflies and 3 others like this.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

+ Reply to Thread