+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
Like Tree77Likes

Thread: New Look for Idol post Season 12?

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Re: New Look for Idol post Season 12?

I think Keith was trying to be funny, since all 4 are pretty much out the door.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

Quote Originally Posted by JunkieGirl View Post
    I think Keith was trying to be funny, since all 4 are pretty much out the door.
    Yes, that's what I heard. He didn't sound like he was being funny.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Could Keith have meant as a permanent judge? I didn't see it.

ETA: I just watched it on ellentv ... and he did say he was replacing Randy ... and it is difficult to tell if it was an attempt at levity. Ellen asked him if he was going to wear bright clothes and also that he better practice.

Keith then started talking about there being a very tiny studio right behind Ellen's where they shoot the AI show.
    I think it might have all been a joke.... but not sure.
    Last edited by echo226; 05-14-2013 at 07:02 PM.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

This is just a short suggestion for the revamp. If they want to do "classics" ... then they need to have a theme week where the song choices must be songs that have NEVER been sung on idol before. I'm serious.

One other thing is if Selena Gomez and/or Bieber are judges .... I am out!
    sparklete likes this.

Mohandas Gandhi

The NEW American Idol should be renamed NEW American Idol. ANd it really should be new. (NO current judges should be invited back.) I guess they have to keep Ryan.

The same old producers should not be in charge of creating the show either. Their lack of creativity this season cannot be overlooked. Maybe they are too bored or just sick of doing it, but they need some fresh minds. Talk about being on showstring budget. Mariah must have broke their bank.

They should have a new format too.

As much as complain, I must say that at least, AI has produced some successful artists. Their competitors haven't been nearly as successful in doing that.

The article said there wouldn't be Theme Nights anymore, so will it truly model after the Voice with producer selected songs and/or contestant selections every week? That could be both interesting and chaotic. Interesting if performers are put through next year...chaotic (in a good way?) if everyone sings their own genres.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    The article said there wouldn't be Theme Nights anymore, so will it truly model after the Voice with producer selected songs and/or contestant selections every week? That could be both interesting and chaotic. Interesting if performers are put through next year...chaotic (in a good way?) if everyone sings their own genres.
    I don't watch the Voice so I don't know the model .... but I think how it will be revamped is still under discussion.

I think totally changing the format which had been so successful is a mistake. Making it a different show just puts it up against a bunch of different shows ... if you follow my line of thought. I think they should just improve. Do something fun. Ask us for our ideas ... and acknowledge them. Have potential new judges audition and let us vote.

They are keeping those long city to city audition shows because they have it trademarked/copyrighted ... so nobody else can do it that way.
    But I do not need to see every delusional wannabe embarrass himself/herself so I am sure their ratings have declined there.
    If they want to show me the auditions and let me vote for who should get a gold ticket and take MY vote into consideration that would at least be different.

These contestants want a job ... so let's see if they are a "fit" before we "hire" them to be on the show.

Somebody should write to TPTB ... and tell them!
    NFL1 likes this.

Mohandas Gandhi

It sounds like they're actually thinking about bringing past Idols in as judges. The names I heard mentioned (on the radio this morning) were Clay, Jennifer Hudson, Kelly Clarkson, and I can't remember the fourth one. Just that they are rumored to have been "approached." All four judges from last season are definitely gone in any case.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723 View Post
    It sounds like they're actually thinking about bringing past Idols in as judges. The names I heard mentioned (on the radio this morning) were Clay, Jennifer Hudson, Kelly Clarkson, and I can't remember the fourth one. Just that they are rumored to have been "approached." All four judges from last season are definitely gone in any case.
    Yay on the last part.

I like the idea of former contestants being judges. Not only will they know what it's like being judged, they will also know what helped them the most both during the competition and after. I just hope whoever they choose does not have the attitude and personality like Nicki.
    Will you accept my dancing rose bro as a 'special powers' idol?

Nicki Minaj never had a chance, because everyone was putting her down before they even heard her judge on Idol, I guess because she's a rapper. Honestly she always had something constructive to say & wasn't afraid to say it. As for Idol Alums as the new judges, they better get people who are articulate & have a personality, that leaves out Kelly Clarkson (soooo boring on Duets) or Carrie Underwood successful but boring, Fantasia who is nasty & just awful, Jennifer Hudson who is really only successful as an actress but she can sing. I love the idea of Adam Lambert who was great as a mentor on Idol & can sing. They really only need 3 judges. And for all the flap Idol has gotten they still seem to find talented people who are making a good living in the business, unlike the Voice who after 4 years can't find someone who could even potentially become a superstar (I know this season is not over but who can remember any of the singers).

+ Reply to Thread