+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617 LastLast
Like Tree77Likes

Thread: New Look for Idol post Season 12?

Re: New Look for Idol post Season 12?

Nicki & Mariah both confirmed yesterday that they won't be back. I presume Keith is still twisting in the wind. I really don't want to se a panel consisting of entirely ex-Idols.
    NFL1 and YellowRose like this.

FORT Fogey

With her win on DWTS, I hope that Kellie's carer takes off big time---it certainly would be a great time for them to invite her to judge

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    Nicki & Mariah both confirmed yesterday that they won't be back. I presume Keith is still twisting in the wind. I really don't want to se a panel consisting of entirely ex-Idols.
    I would like to think that maybe they are considering keeping at least one non-Idol contestant on the panel. Although I sometimes wondered where he was coming from in some of his comments, Keith knows music. He knows terminology, he has years of experience and success, and he also represents country music which none of the others do (Kelly really doesn't). I think they need some variety.
    I would like to think that they have notified him yet that he is terminated because they are still considering him to round out the panel.
    Take my advice. I am not using it.

FORT Fogey

Maybe Keith will stay since he did a good job --I would like to see that. He did make the comment on ELLEN that he was replacing Randy which was cryptic....maybe that is what he meant. With all new judges, he would be the senior judge,
    NFL1 likes this.

As of last Monday Sirius/XM Radio has an Entertainment Weekly Channel on 105. One of their contributors is Jenna Morasca, bet that's a name you haven't heard in a while, anyway, Jenna has at least 2 hrs. & maybe 3 of a morning drive time show. This morning she & her partner were discussing all the Idol changes & picked who they thought would be good additions. One person Jenna chose that I had never thought of, but I think would be a good one, was Dolly Parton.

Who doesn't love Dolly? But I suspect she would not be interested. At least not on a regular basis.
    Will you accept my dancing rose bro as a 'special powers' idol?

Ken Warwick & Nigel Lythgoe have both just been fired.

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

That is per the rumor. And, except for word on Keith, the rumor pans out.
    TeacherLady likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    That is per the rumor. And, except for word on Keith, the rumor pans out.
    I read an article some time back in which Keith was speaking about the professional plans he has up and coming. Now granted, if all these changes were not in progress, he would have to work his professional plans around American Idol, but since we know these changes are happening, it is hard to believe that they are just leaving Keith hanging, so to speak, unaware as to their intentions concerning his (Keith's) role with the show. It would seem to me if they do not want him either, they would let him know so he can commit more fully to his other professional plans.
    Something isn't right here.....
    Take my advice. I am not using it.

The show hasn't been the same since Simon Cowell left. Say what you will about him, but he kept the interest up. The show is quite boring now. I think many tuned in to see what Simon was going to say.
    Thor, cubsfan55 and ilja like this.

+ Reply to Thread