+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast
Like Tree77Likes

Thread: New Look for Idol post Season 12?

FORT Fogey

Re: New Look for Idol post Season 12?

I've got to give the lady props. She's done something right. She didn't win those big time awards doing it wrong. Somebody somewhere liked her!

Now, she may come on the show as a judge and irk the teetotalling out of all of us, me included. However, to date she had to have succeeded at something to get where she did, so I am going to give her that much credit.

I also think she did a fantastic job losing weight. I think she looks great!!
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

Quote Originally Posted by Jaceegirl View Post
    I know what you mean and the one time I saw her that I started to get this different vibe from her was when I was watching the Grammy show by online streaming a few years ago. You could watch all the pre shows where the awards are given out that are not televised, and you were able to see a different side to the Red Carpet from the one that is televised. You also got to see the stars for a certain time at Clive Davis's After Party until they decided to close it, but you could watch until dinner was served. I remember seeing Jennifer come in and she was hanging all over Clive Davis. It was rather strange, to watch her, but her whole mannerism and the way she talked was not the same Jennifer I saw on AI. She was draped all over Clive the entire time. She acted like she was all it and then some. IMO I thought she was acting like she thought she was better than everyone else. It just happened that her and Clive were there very early so time was not a problem.
    That is the way I think she came across on AI as well, which I thought had a lot to do with her getting eliminated "early." I know the week she was eliminate, the judges were all praising her, and she stood up there with a very cocky look about her and said "welcome to Jenny's world." I much preferred Fantasia because she was more down to earth and better personality. Personally, not interested in seeing JHud back on Idol in any capacity.
    MsDiva2007 likes this.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723 View Post
    That is the way I think she came across on AI as well, which I thought had a lot to do with her getting eliminated "early." I know the week she was eliminate, the judges were all praising her, and she stood up there with a very cocky look about her and said "welcome to Jenny's world." I much preferred Fantasia because she was more down to earth and better personality. Personally, not interested in seeing JHud back on Idol in any capacity.
    I don't recall that at all. I found her very nervous ( especially when it came to Simon)
    I loved her in the movie Dream Girls- she stole it
    NFL1 likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers View Post
    I've got to give the lady props. She's done something right. She didn't win those big time awards doing it wrong. Somebody somewhere liked her!

Now, she may come on the show as a judge and irk the teetotalling out of all of us, me included. However, to date she had to have succeeded at something to get where she did, so I am going to give her that much credit.

I am not sure what those who voted for her in dream girls was thinking. It was a horrible movie and I was stunned someone won and Oscar for that mess. Just not my cup of tea personality wise. A somewhat sour disposition from way back in her season.
    Last edited by MsDiva2007; 05-27-2013 at 10:28 PM.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers View Post

I agree with all you have said
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

You realize there is a Jennifer thread in this forum. http://www.fansofrealitytv.com/forums/american-idol-12/24065-jennifer-hudson-finalist.html Perhaps it is time to move any comments about her there.

Thank you as we have gone way off topic.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by jammyjoe View Post

As for the judges, I like HCjr, Ben Folds, Jewel, and Sheryl Crow but if they have to think out of the box then I agree that former AI contestants would be great. The following will most likely accept the stint:

Kelly Clarkson
    Clay Aiken
    Adam Lambert
    Jennifer Hudson

Melinda Dolittle
    Kellie Pickler
    Fantasia
    Constantine
    Taylor Hicks
    Tamyra Gray
    Latoya London
    Danny Gokey

and to make it more interesting.....Sanjaya!
    I guess I nailed it. The top 4 I mentioned may actually become the new AI judges. I would however prefer Melinda Dolittle over Jennifer Hudson but she doesn't have a bigger name.

American Idol: Would Adam Lambert, Kelly Clarkson Make Good Judges? - TVLine

The Contenders
    American Idol May Have a Brilliant Plan to Bring Contestants Back as Judges - The Daily Beast

Which former contestants should be the new American Idol judges?

http://cartermatt.com/63434/american...lly-be-judges/
    Last edited by jammyjoe; 05-30-2013 at 02:46 PM.

I am also convinced that the "brilliant" idea to bring back Former Contestants was OURS. This move is a response to many suggestions by US.

By ours and us ... I mean the audience and this and other forums.

I still think they should have auditioned the judge contenders ... and let us vote.

It would also be a great idea to have other idol alums as guest judges and mentors.

HOWEVER ... I think packing the judges table with only former contestants is a big mistake.
    There should be some seasoned/experienced professionals ... and should absolutely include a musician.

Also ... why two women and one man?
    NFL1 and ilja like this.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Well if both Adam and Clay agreed to accept the stint, then we will have 4 judges as trimming down the number of judges to 3 has not been confirmed.

Eonline reported that Jennifer Hudson has ALREADY signed a deal. EOnline is sticking to their original story that Kelly Clarkson is close to signing a deal. No word yet on whether Lambert and/or Aiken will fill the final spot/spots, but producers are expected to keep the panel to three members.
    Last edited by jammyjoe; 05-30-2013 at 03:21 PM.

Right. I mentioned a while back that I heard on the radio that Jennifer Hudson had "inked a deal" with AI ... but people were thinking it was just a rumor.

So, I presumed "inked a deal" meant agreed and signed a contract to do it but maybe in this business it's not accurate. So far her agent/manager has not confirmed.

Perhaps they are just trying to get a feel for the reaction? In any case, so many people just do not like Jennifer Hudson, and although she may not have the glowing"credentials" that Jennifer has, I think Melinda would have been a better choice.

It's kind of funny that someone who was just an also ran on the show ... and as I said, doesn't seem to be very well liked ... is now someone they are looking to judge the new wannabes!

How about Kellie Pickler instead ?

Kellie, Adam and Colton who plays the piano.

I say audition them all!
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

+ Reply to Thread