+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: 5/8 AI 12 Top 3 Performance **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 5/8 AI 12 Top 3 Performance **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    Are the songs shorter than usual tonight?
    I suspect they were shorter so there would be time for the hometown visit videos.

I was sitting in my living room listening to that god awful, screamy, off pitch, rendition of Somewhere when I looked up to see a Standing Ovation. These judges are all professional musicians of one ilk or another & they don't call her out on this crap. It was just down right awful.

Meanwhile I have never liked Here Comes Goodbye, not even by Rascal Flatts who have gone to the no relevant side of Country music. Bit I have to give props to Chris Sligh for writing a #1 hit & Kree had Keith in tears. That was nice to see.

When all is said & done I think Angie wins this thing pretty big.
    Shoepie likes this.

FORT Fogey

First of all, I think Kree is a country singer right down to the rodeo in her hometown visit, and what they picked out for her (3 songs) came out sounding country even if it wasn't supposed to be a country song. I also think she sent a dagger through Keith's heart when she said (paraphrasing), "I don't want to be country." I think she leans more that way in sound, and I think Keith could help her get a leg up on a career.

Incidentally, I am not particularly a country fan, but even I knew that last band and song. I have even heard them on Dancing with the Stars sing that song. I thought Kree did a great job on it and absolutely loved that fiddler! Boy heidi, was he gettin' it!! That was the most lively I have ever seen Kree as to stage presence - and as to Keith - regardless of what he said, when the camera panned to him during the song, he was jivin' right on along with it. Keith was in his element with that last Band Perry song.

I think they are trying to let the audience see that the gifted Candice is much more than just an R&B singers. By forcing her to sing songs in other genres, I think their hope was to gain more votes for Candice by showcasing her overall powerful voice which can sing in any genre even if she isn't comfortable.

Candice came across much more warm and personable last night. However, what struck me is that Candice is so very tied to her island, their people - her people - and their way of life. Candice was so homesick that it causes me to wonder if she is actually going to be able to cut those ties and make the kind of tremendous break that she will have to make and be away for so very long to be the kind of success that she will be. It is easy to say, "Oh yes, sure she will," but when push comes to shove, that may be more difficult in actuality.

Nicki is from one of the islands - Barbados? Nicki could hardly look at the film clip, and she couldn't talk about it because she was about to emotionally break down and lose it. Nicki was identifying, and Nicki became horribly homesick. There is a kind of emotional pull that the rest of us just can't grasp.

Angie was so 19!! I couldn't help but smile when she met up with her closet friends, they were all crying, and Angie was sitting in her friend's lap - typical girl pal behavior at this age. Girls her age related to this across America.

They said it. She doesn't have Candice's awesome, powerful voice, and she doesn't have those nuances and tones that are bluesy and can wail that Kree has, but Angie has the whole package. She has the pop sound and image, she sings, composes, and sings while she plays the piano, and she also has the ability with the right song to cross two genres, possibly three Country, Christian, and Pop which has rarely but has been done since the 70s.

So, who does America vote for? They are all talented and worthy, and in the end it is a matter of taste and opinion.

What's your pleasure?
    Last edited by Bloomers; 05-09-2013 at 09:07 AM.
    Arielflies likes this.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

FORT Fogey

I liked Angie on all three songs. The judges comments were a bit annoying.... that she wasn't being theatrical or pageanty any more. I never saw those things in her.

SOMEWHERE was pretty shrill and I was annoyed again at the judges----the standing O was a bit much in addition to getting the pimp spot.

I liked Kree but I would think it is her time to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers View Post
    First of all, I think Kree is a country singer right down to the rodeo in her hometown visit, and what they picked out for her (3 songs) came out sounding country even if it wasn't supposed to be a country song. I also think she sent a dagger through Keith's heart when she said (paraphrasing), "I don't want to be country." I think she leans more that way in sound, and I think Keith could help her get a leg up on a career.

Incidentally, I am not particularly a country fan, but even I knew that last band and song. I have even heard them on Dancing with the Stars sing that song. I thought Kree did a great job on it and absolutely loved that fiddler! Boy heidi, was he gettin' it!! That was the most lively I have ever seen Kree as to stage presence - and as to Keith - regardless of what he said, when the camera panned to him during the song, he was jivin' right on along with it. Keith was in his element with that last Band Perry song.

I think they are trying to let the audience see that the gifted Candice is much more than just an R&B singers. By forcing her to sing songs in other genres, I think their hope was to gain more votes for Candice by showcasing her overall powerful voice which can sing in any genre even if she isn't comfortable.

Candice came across much more warm and personable last night. However, what struck me is that Candice is so very tied to her island, their people - her people - and their way of life. Candice was so homesick that it causes me to wonder if she is actually going to be able to cut those ties and make the kind of tremendous break that she will have to make and be away for so very long to be the kind of success that she will be. It is easy to say, "Oh yes, sure she will," but when push comes to shove, that may be more difficult in actuality.

Nicki is from one of the islands - Barbados? Nicki could hardly look at the film clip, and she couldn't talk about it because she was about to emotionally break down and lose it. Nicki was identifying, and Nicki became horribly homesick. There is a kind of emotional pull that the rest of us just can't grasp.

Angie was so 19!! I couldn't help but smile when she met up with her closet friends, they were all crying, and Angie was sitting in her friend's lap - typical girl pal behavior at this age. Girls her age related to this across America.

They said it. She doesn't have Candice's awesome, powerful voice, and she doesn't have those nuances and tones that are bluesy and can wail that Kree has, but Angie has the whole package. She has the pop sound and image, she sings, composes, and sings while she plays the piano, and she also has the ability with the right song to cross two genres, possibly three Country, Christian, and Pop which has rarely but has been done since the 70s.

So, who does America vote for? They are all talented and worthy, and in the end it is a matter of taste and opinion.

What's your pleasure?
    I think you misunderstood Kree. I don't think she ever said she didn't want to be country.

And as to the fiddler, his name is Ashley. He was an original member of Carrie Underwood's band & remained with her until he & his brothers won the Next Great American Band competition as The Sons Of Sylvia. I have seen him many times on tour with Carrie, but getting to see him up close & personal at he fan club party one year, when he did his solo on Wasted was just phenomenal. He completely shredded his bow strings he was getting it so hard.

I'm not sure why Kree did not give the song Perfect her best effort. That song is one that can really have a huge impact when it is delivered with passion. I've seen others do it, besides Pink, and it was very touching. Kree was way too casual with it, IMO. In fact, I thought she may have walked away from the competition when she didn't come back for her next song in the correct order. lol

Kree's next song was rather good, but I disliked her last song because it's about a woman being so obsessed with her husband that if he ever leaves her, she will kill him and herself. I don't like those kinds of lyrics for today's music. There is already too much domestic violence, why sing crazy lyrics like that. I despise that song. Her delivery was very good.

Angie's first song bored me to tears. She did much better on the second song, but the last one sounded so much like everything she does that I couldn't force myself to listen to all of it. I don't care for her voice, though I have tried and tried. I don't care for her personality either. I guess it's my loss.

I didn't care for any of the songs that Candace did. THe first two were NOT good, IMO. THe last song was better, but not her best at all. I think she got emotional or something. It makes no difference. I don't think it cost her votes. I tried to vote for 4 hours and could not get through even once. Constantly busy.

My dream would be that Angie would go home, but I don't think that's likely. If Candace goes tonight, then I don't think I can bare to watch the finale, because that will mean a Angie win and I really don't care to see that.

FORT Fogey

Count me in with those astounded at the standing ovation for Candace. What a horrible screechy rendition. Jesus. I am stunned. She is my least favorite and it sure seems the judges are pushing her down our throats. I don't get it.

I would be happy to see either Angie or Kree win. All 3 will have some success. I don't see a Carrie, Jennifer or Kelly here though.
    sparklete likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    Count me in with those astounded at the standing ovation for Candace. What a horrible screechy rendition. Jesus. I am stunned. She is my least favorite and it sure seems the judges are pushing her down our throats. I don't get it.

I would be happy to see either Angie or Kree win. All 3 will have some success. I don't see a Carrie, Jennifer or Kelly here though.

I don't think we saw "a Jennifer" while she was on the show. Her huge success was surprising. Carrie was a good singer but she learned a great deal about performing after the show....so I don't think one can say that none of these girls could be an outstanding entertainer.
    Last edited by ibot2much; 05-09-2013 at 10:58 AM.
    RealVoyeur likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much View Post
    I don't think we saw "a Jennifer" while she was on the show. Her huge success was surprising. Carrie was a good singer but she learned a great deal about performing after the show....so I don't think one can say that none of these girls could be an outstanding entertainer.
    Yes, I agree. I just don't sense it though.

I figured out who Angie reminds me of. She has a strong resemblance to the actress Pam Dawber. She played in Mork and Mindy many years ago.
    Here's a link with a photo.

http://www.sitcomsonline.com/mindypic.html

Scroll up for the photo.

Pam is married to Mark Harmon of NCIS.
    Last edited by Debb70; 05-09-2013 at 11:39 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast