+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: 5/2 AI 12 Top 4 Results (Redux) **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 5/2 AI 12 Top 4 Results (Redux) **West Coast Spoilers**

Yes, the ballads have been challenging. I have found myself bored, even with my favorite contestants singing! lol

For some reason, the season I recall with so much variety was season 10. They had Pia Toscano, Lauren Alaina, Haily Reinhardt. James Durbin, Paul McDonald, Scotty and Casey Abrams. I LOVED the night that Casey performed with Jack Black. We were up dancing and having a blast! Rather raunchy, but it was fun.

That season had a lot of variety and it was fun.

Yep! That is what is missing this season ... the FUN.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

FORT Fogey

And the variety. When the show tries to shape the voting...A woman has to win this year--they hurt the whole competition. The men were all fodder and the fact that they just introduced ten singers to appesar on the show made the show seem more scripted.
    ilja likes this.

I don't think any of the top ten men are fun, either. Yes, Season 10, with the variety, has been the least ho hum of the seasons - even though it ended up being a "country" win. That top ten had personality in spades.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Even if they want to direct it to a woman winining, they should give us some variety. Season 10 was the best, and since I like country and like Scotty, I was happy with it. Last season was pretty good too. The two seasons right after Simon left, then they reverted and got even worse than when Simon was here. I don't mind a ballad now and then, but not every song, every time, and all very similar style. Yes, I know there are subtle differences, but they're all pretty much power singers and that's my least favorite type of singing. I miss the variety and the FUN. And it sounds like they figure all they have to do is change the judges and everything will be fine.
    If you have men who will exclude any of God's creatures from the shelter of compassion and pity you will have men who will deal likewise with their fellow men. - St. Francis of Assisi

Not necessarily...I posted a new thread that starts with an article with news from an "insider". Whether this is the truth, or not, the web is buzzing.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567