+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: 5/2 AI 12 Top 4 Results (Redux) **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 5/2 AI 12 Top 4 Results (Redux) **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by jammyjoe;4644872[B
    ]I thought you can FF through On Demand[/B]. I was able to do that when I was watching Survivor on Demand. I am with AT&T U-verse.
    Fast Forwarding is at the discretion of the network. So .... CBS, which is where Survivor airs, allows on demand FF and Fox may not. Every network or channel is different.

There is however the page up/down buttons in the remote that will take you a full 5 minutes ahead or back. You can use that and then rewind if needed to where you want to be.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by jammyjoe View Post
    I thought you can FF through On Demand. I was able to do that when I was watching Survivor on Demand. I am with AT&T U-verse.
    On Time Warner Cable, you can ff on Entertainment On Demand that has the premium channels like FX, E, TNT, A&E, etc. but on Prime Time On Demand, with NBC, ABC, CBS, etc. you can't use that feature. I think they will allow the feature on Primetime if the show is extra old.

We are talking about various cable and dish services.

I complained once to Comcast/Infinity ... and they said that it was definitely at the discretion of the network/or cable channel.
    They said that the reason it is disallowed on some channels is because the channel is accommodating the demands of their own advertisers and that makes perfect sense!

Mohandas Gandhi

Makes sense about the advertisers, but I refuse to watch ON Demand and not have the ff feature. I DVR to avoid having to use it.
    cubsfan55 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Makes sense about the advertisers, but I refuse to watch ON Demand and not have the ff feature. I DVR to avoid having to use it.
    This is how I make some of my decisions when there are time conflicts.. For example, I will watch one show, DVR one, and save one that I know I can FF through for on Demand.

I don't know about your service ... but do try the Page up button on your remote though to see if it has the same function. You can skip ahead 5 minutes at a time which is convenient in a 2 hour show ... and you just want to get to David Cook.
    cubsfan55 likes this.

Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    This is how I make some of my decisions when there are time conflicts.. For example, I will watch one show, DVR one, and save one that I know I can FF through for on Demand.

I don't know about your service ... but do try the Page up button on your remote though to see if it has the same function. You can skip ahead 5 minutes at a time which is convenient in a 2 hour show ... and you just want to get to David Cook.
    Thanks, Echo! While I highly doubt our provider has that feature, I can't wait to try it and see! Wow, would that be a time saver -- not to mention a reducer of aggravation.
    Really, thanks for sharing.
    Impossible things are being done every day.

Since I don't have DVR and refuse to pay the monthly fee TWC asks for it, I appreciate the On Demand channels. Even if I do have to sit through the entire show without being able to FF. Usually I'm doing something else during the parts I'm not interested in (or mute it if it's really annoying).
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

Man, I've been watching The Voice and omg. They have some really great singers this season, IMO. Many of them are as good if not better than the finalist on AI and they have only had a few performances. I'm impressed.

The good thing about AI though is that they have produced some big success stories. Even their non-winners do well. I haven't seen much from those other shows.

FORT Fogey

I'm going to miss tonight's show. I'm soooo bummed!

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Man, I've been watching The Voice and omg. They have some really great singers this season, IMO. Many of them are as good if not better than the finalist on AI and they have only had a few performances. I'm impressed.

The good thing about AI though is that they have produced some big success stories. Even their non-winners do well. I haven't seen much from those other shows.
    The thing I like about the voice is that everyone they have audition is talented so we don't have to listen to any clunkers, and everyone who gets through to the rounds is talented. Sure, they have their ringers and they have some that are probably just fodder, but they all have talent. And they don't pick one "whipping boy/girl" to get the public stirred up. More than anything else on these competition shows, I want to see good/entertaining singers. Sadly, I didn't get that from AI this season. Usually I can overlook the hype and manufactured drama for the sake of contestents I really like - but there was no one I liked this season, right from the start. The guys were so weak it was obvious they were just fodder, and the girls are all the same. I don't mind a ballad or two now and again, but a whole season of 99% ballads has me flipping the channels in boredom. I wish these ladies well in their post-Idol careers, but I don't give a flip which one of them wins.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast