+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: 5/2 AI 12 Top 4 Results (Redux) **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 5/2 AI 12 Top 4 Results (Redux) **West Coast Spoilers**

I just read on another Idol web board that next week the Idols won't be able to choose their own songs, that the judges will choose them for them. Calll me suspicious, but I have to wonder if they are trying to influence which of the remaining three contestants will end up final two. In the past, I think they have always chosen one of the two or three songs that the final three sang, but not both. It already seems pretty obvious that the judges prefer Angie and Candice over Kree. I think they preferred Amber over Kree too, but the viewing audience were able to prevail over their pandering. All of the final three are winners in my eyes, but I hate manipulation by the judges of the outcome. It happens every year and the TV audience usually rebel and it back fires on them. One would think that they would learn. Just my opinion

There is always one week where the judges choose one of the songs for the contestants. Usually it's during the week that they go home. Is that this coming week? I haven't watched the show in the past few weeks as I've lost interest what with all the see through producer and judge manipulations this season.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

FORT Fogey

I recall in the past that the final 3 do sing 3 songs---one from one of the judges, one from the producer( I am thinking about Clive Davis way back in AI, so I am guessing it would be Jimmy) and one of their own choice. There have been some bad choices from the experts in the past.

They usually get notice of these choices while they are in their hometown

They traditionally find out the judges' pick at hometown. Jimmy's may be made once they return, and, of course, they get to choose one of their favorites. Usually it is their own choice that trips them up, not the judges or Jimmy.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I'm going to vote to the max next week. I don't think there's a limit, so I'll vote on-line as long as possible and with the home phones, cell phone, etc. If it's busy though, I won't continue to try to get through for more than one hour.

I'll cast all my votes for Candice, since I think she will need them more than Kree. Texas and country fans will carry Kree.

Anyone here planning to vote?
    I may not even watch, let alone vote. This is the first season of Idol since I've been watching (season 2) that I really don't care about any of them.

I'm watching the results show now on On Demand and this opening number is everything I hate about modern music. All splash and no substance. All I hear in this song is crazy right now over and over and over. If I were a singer, I would be bored out of mine singing it. I know I'm bored out of my mind listening to it. Unfortunately, you can't ff through the On Demand shows, so I'll have to put up with it until I see David Cook.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 05-04-2013 at 06:36 PM.
    If you have men who will exclude any of God's creatures from the shelter of compassion and pity you will have men who will deal likewise with their fellow men. - St. Francis of Assisi

The topic of Next Week's Theme was covered in the thread titled ... ummm ... Next Week's Theme, where razorbacker posted it.

As I recall ... this is always the way it was done.

Someone mentioned Clive Davis" and for the heck of it I went to his website where there is a picture of Davis where he looks Like Jimmy's father!
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

FORT Fogey

UNless Ryan announced it at the end of the show so that we know it is the way it is being done, I am going by what has been done in the past. The three songs selected by different people really isn't a theme---just an outline of the show.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Add It Up Champion, 7up Pinball Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post

If anyone sang like Harry on this show they wouldn't make it past week one. Don't get me wrong, I like him ... I'm just sayin'.
    Yes, it does go to show you, there is something deathly wrong with American Idol.

Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723 View Post
    I may not even watch, let alone vote. This is the first season of Idol since I've been watching (season 2) that I really don't care about any of them.

I'm watching the results show now on On Demand and this opening number is everything I hate about modern music. All splash and no substance. All I hear in this song is crazy right now over and over and over. If I were a singer, I would be bored out of mine singing it. I know I'm bored out of my mind listening to it. Unfortunately, you can't ff through the On Demand shows, so I'll have to put up with it until I see David Cook.
    I thought you can FF through On Demand. I was able to do that when I was watching Survivor on Demand. I am with AT&T U-verse.

Harry Connick Jr. should be a judge, seriously. I agreed with everything he said.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast