+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: 5/1 AI 12 Top Four Redux **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 5/1 AI 12 Top Four Redux **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by yourefired View Post
    I wasn't specifically talking about vocals. I'm talking about that "it" factor Simon always spoke of. None of them have it. All of them are good vocalists, but good vocals don't create star quality. If you read my post I said Kree could hang with Carrie vocally but not on charm. I think superstars right now have a certain quality that separates them from the rest of the pack. These girls are missing that.
    This is exactly why people like Phillip Phillips win Idol when they clearly aren't the best vocalists. It has nothing to do with WGWG or any other acronym you can come up with, it has to do with stage presence, charism, likeability. None of these girls, for me anyway, have any of that going for them. Yes, they are good vocalists - but from what I can tell, good vocalists are a dime a dozen. It takes more than that to be a "star."
    Shoepie and ilja like this.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    Goodness but that is a bizarre statement. Carrie is the biggest commercial smash the show has ever had, so haw can it be a bad thing to sound like her & how can that prevent Kree's commercial success.
    I don't think they sound anything alike.
    NCLurker likes this.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips View Post
    Telling someone they need to learn the melody of a song before than can make it their own is hardly a bunch of baloney. As a matter of fact, knowing the melody is essential and if you don't know the melody you have no business singing the song.
    I did say that one should know the melody, yes. What he said at first did make sense, knowing the original melody is essential. It's what came afterwards that the thing turned into baloney, because it felt to me like he goaded Kree into singing the original version even if it did not go with her style or she couldn't work it into her style. She definitely didn't make it work, in my opinion, which makes me wonder why he let her go through with it. Did he think she sounded good, or was he that adamant that she stick to the original melody and not stray from it?

I did forget to add earlier, and I don't think anybody commented on it, but I absolutely loved the final song where they sang as a group and had dancers and all. not only do I like that song because it's fun and upbeat, but the girls all did great and it felt like they all had so much fun, it really was very enjoyable.

FORT Fogey

I think Candice will leave tonight. She is being pushed on viewers too much.

I did get a chuckle out of Nicki last night. Candice, did you lose weight? You look great tonight!

I didn't care for the way that Jessica and that other guy were pushed on viewers last season. I guess it did backfire. I think the judges were quite disappointed that Phillip won, judging by the looks on their faces. I do think their praise of those two were misplaced. I do think that the praise for Candice has been pretty fair. They have also praised the others quite a bit too. I do hope the viewers don't punish Candice.

FORT Fogey

Nothing can top the pimping of Jessica last year......
    ilja likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much View Post
    Nothing can top the pimping of Jessica last year......
    Happens every season, it's always very blatant, and pretty much never works.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723 View Post
    This is exactly why people like Phillip Phillips win Idol when they clearly aren't the best vocalists. It has nothing to do with WGWG or any other acronym you can come up with, it has to do with stage presence, charism, likeability. None of these girls, for me anyway, have any of that going for them. Yes, they are good vocalists - but from what I can tell, good vocalists are a dime a dozen. It takes more than that to be a "star."
    It's hard to say. There are so many singing shows out there now that it is harder than ever to stand out. I don't think these girls have less charisma than most past contestants. I actually think Candice has the most charisma - in a subtle, quiet kind of way. I know I'm probably the only one on the planet who thinks that!

To the Point

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter View Post
    It's hard to say. There are so many singing shows out there now that it is harder than ever to stand out. I don't think these girls have less charisma than most past contestants. I actually think Candice has the most charisma - in a subtle, quiet kind of way. I know I'm probably the only one on the planet who thinks that!
    Not the only one...

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter View Post
    Candice's obvious strength is that incredible, powerful voice more than stage presence which can be taught but which generally comes more naturally. However, saying that, I would like to add that Candice has a beautiful face, and I love those times when she does smile. She lights up and seems to radiate. I would love to see her learn to smile more which might take time for her so that it doesn't seem forced.
    If grace is an ocean, we're all drowning.

- John McMillan

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast