+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast
Like Tree90Likes

Thread: 4/24 AI 12 Top 4 Performance **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 4/24 AI 12 Top 4 Performance **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by WalaLang View Post
    What a wonderful and entertaining show tonight. My faves Amber and Angie for the top two. Amazing performances.
    See, it is all in the eye of the beholder.
    BTW likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    See, it is all in the eye of the beholder.
    LOL but so true. The only time I was bored was Kree's first song. I love all the other performances. And can I say that it is just so nice to listen to four contestants who can actually sing. But Amber and Angie both rocked.

If eyes behold ... do ears behear

I truly thought Amber was awful and I have no idea why they are pushing her. Amber is the epitome of "pitchy". She goes off key/tone so often during a song it is just impossible not to notice.

I believe that the duos were set up to put their choices head-to-head. I think Kree beat Amber and Angela beat Candace.

Therefore .. my opinion of the ranking tonight and if I am being honest ... cumulatively:

1) Angie
    2) Kree
    3) Candice
    4) Amber
    YellowRose likes this.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

I thought both Amber and Candaces 2nd songs were boring and not great. And I don't see how any BeeGee's songs could be grouped into the category of "One hit Wonders". They had a ton of great songs! Just an obser
    vation. I hope that Kree and Angies 2nd songs will be better. I am on the West coast so I haven't heard them yet. I did really like Amber on Power of Love thoughl.

Here is my issue if the judges want current music then limit your song list to the last 5 years or stop with your song sounds old fashioned crap! If the save was over they would have said so last week!
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

When they ran the compilation at the end of the show, I thought all the girls sounded similar in that all threw out their power voices this round. I closed my eyes and couldn't tell who was singing.

I thought the duets could have been done Battle style like the Voice - LOL. That is how the judges wanted Amber and Kree to perform their duet. Candice and Angie sort of went there with theirs.

Angie had her breakout night, and Amber came in second. It seems as though Candice and Kree are still trying to land in a genre or style and their floundering was on display tonight.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

OK, Amber--beautiful girl, current and performed the best 1st song with Power of Love. She should go very far commercially after Idol. But she isn't my cup of tea personally. I don't see myself buying any of her albums. I'm not into R&B much which seems to be her preferred style. I did not like either of Candaces songs and think she may be in danger this week despite last weeks stellar performance. But I do think she will get a record contract after Idol and may also go far in the music business. I actually preferred Kree when I combined both of her songs as #1 for me for the night, and Angie #2. Amber #3 and Candace last. How the vote will go I just don't know. I think alot of people take into account the Judges opinions and vote as they are judged. I wouldn't be surprised to see Kree and Candace in the bottom 2 with Angie and Amber safe. Guess we'll find out tomorrow night. I'm voting for Kree and Angie as they are the two that I would probably download songs from or buy their albums.
    sparklete likes this.

Nicki has set up Kree to go home just like she set up Janelle last week. At the end of the show when all four were lined up with Ryan, he said there will be a twist tomorrow night, Kree. He looked at her and she nodded. Is it a twist only effecting Kree, or was she just agreeing with his general statement. Weird. Good Luck, Kree.
    sparklete likes this.

Good gosh what an awful and weird show. I can't ever remember anything like the hot mess that was the critique of Candice's 2nd song. It was quite obvious that they were throwing the kitchen sink at her and Kree to save their precious Amber. Even though I have been watching from the beginning, I cannot ever remember the panel completely stopping their critique of the singer who is STILL STANDING THERE to run their traps about the previous singer and how awesome they were. You could see towards the end a director or someone make the "cut" motion on the far right hand side of the stage. I felt horrible for Candice. That was totally disrespectful towards her.

I swear, I can't stand Amber's singing. I think she is pitchy far too often and is little more than a poor imitation of Whitney Houston. I don't care for Angie either, and don't understand the propping of her, but at least that's not usually as OTT as the Amber propfest. I just don't get it, but whatever. They think those two are marketable, and I just don't see it. Especially with Amber.

In terms of the twist-- Don't know how they will do it, but it is that they'll keep one of these girls around an extra week, whether it is this week or next. They announced last week that the finale airs May 15th and 16th. If they eliminated one girl each week, they would finish on May 9th.

Tonite's show was so underwhelming. Except for Angie, the others wasn't really "in it to win it", as Randy Jackson puts it. Jimmy was right in his critique except that he should have said that Amber was just so disconnected on that 2nd song that she seemed to hate what she was singing. It was also one of her worst. Her voice is getting more nasal every week! The praise and standing O were not deserving even though Nicki tried to rationalize it by saying that it was for how far she has gone. In fact she hasn't gone very far and hasn't matched her "My Funny Valentine" performance. That being said, It's Amber's time to go.

Stupid twist means they will save Amber. It's about time to jump the shark!
    Last edited by jammyjoe; 04-25-2013 at 01:57 AM.

+ Reply to Thread