+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415 LastLast
Like Tree90Likes

Thread: 4/24 AI 12 Top 4 Performance **West Coast Spoilers**

To the Point

Re: 4/24 AI 12 Top 4 Performance **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much View Post
    It is funny that AI searched for great female singers to stop the train that was the WGWG......but numbers are way down. What was it last week----reruns of The Big Bang Theory beat AI in ratings???? The reason? Those veiwers who voted for the WGWG (be it young or old females because we have heard both groups are responsible for the WGWG winners) are not watching the girls.

So yet again, AI TPTB blew it by NOT knowing their viewing audience.

Even here, faithful viewers are posting that they find the show boring. Why? No cute guys. LOL
    eh, it isn't lack of cute guys for me, but there is no diversity and no real personalities that I like. They need to just pick the best, period. I think if they did, they would have diversity in music and personality.
    Misty8723 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jsciv View Post
    My guess is that the producers committed to X episodes and they planned for the save to be used in that time. Even though the save wasn't used, they still need to deliver the correct number of TV episodes, so there we are. They can't tell us in advance that it's non-elimination because they want us to tune in tonight (which we totally wouldn't do if we know that nobody's going home), so "a twist!" it is...
    That guess makes sense.

I'm telling you jsciv ... the prediction game is a lot more fun than anything this season. The Lazaro Affair comes in second!
    Orchardgirl likes this.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker View Post
    eh, it isn't lack of cute guys for me, but there is no diversity and no real personalities that I like. They need to just pick the best, period. I think if they did, they would have diversity in music and personality.
    Same here, I wouldn't care if the entire top 10 were female, but right now there is no diversity whatsoever. That coupled with all ballads all the time, annoying judges, and two hours for every show, and it's just not fun to watch. For me, I don't care what kind of range you have, how many runs and trills and vocal gymnastics you can do, or how pitch perfect you are - if I'm not entertained, I'm not going to watch.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I agree with that part of what Keith said about not pushing and picking old, odd, nonimpressive songs, however, a lot of times, I find Keith's opinions rather odd. Normally he loves songs that I don't care for. And while Scotty's performance recently wasn't all that good, neither was Keith's. I thought he sounded horrible when he performed AND I thought the song was horrible too.
    I've never been that impressed with Keith as a country singer.
    BTW likes this.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers View Post
    She almost always has the "country" sound whether she does blues with it or not, and I think that is what the experienced in that field Keith is picking up on. Also, Kree does this whole Texas with the boots thing that she emphasizes once in a while. I can't help but stereotype here, sorry, but the general Texas flair if you have ever visited there or have relatives in that "neck of the woods" pushes the country theme - the famous Houston Rodeo is country up one side and down the other, and Houston is the nation's 4th largest city.
    Must be the new "watered down" country, because I don't hear it.

Keith had two GREAT hits, IMO. One was You'll Think of Me in 2004. Another was Making Memories Of Us. Here's the video.
    Keith Urban - Making Memories Of Us - YouTube

He wrote neither song.

I have never been impressed with anything else he has done. Nice guy though. He's very fortunate to be where he is in the country field.

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    If someone has already suggested this ... I apologize.

I am just guessing here, but perhaps they are considering WSoP a One Hit Wonder because this may be the only hit Procol Harum had while the organist (Fisher) was part of the group. He is the one with the long lawsuit claiming co-writing credit for this song.

In other words, the composition of the group, Procol Harum as it was when WSoP was a hit ... changed 2-2 1/2 years later when Fisher left the group.. Again ... this is just my humble and wild guess.
    Yeah, but...Procol Harum had another hit in 1967 just 4 months after Whiter Shade Of Pale. It was called Homburg & got to #34.

FORT Newbie

If the save was used - two would go home the following week, so that should have nothing to do with # of episodes? Maybe because they started with a top 10 and didn't have top 12?? that could be...
    Lil Bit likes this.

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

For Wednsday, May 1:
    American Idol
    “Top 4 Finalists Compete - Live” - 8/7c (8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT)
    ALL NEW / TWO-HOUR EPISODE
    THE REMAINING 4 FINALISTS PERFORM LIVE FOR THE NATION ONCE AGAIN ON AN ALL-NEW “AMERICAN IDOL” WEDNESDAY, MAY 1, ON FOX
    Bringing this section of the quote forward...

May 1 - Final Four

May 8 - Final Three

May 15 - 16 - Final Two (Finale)

Yes, it makes sense that because save wasn't used, they need to keep one person one extra week. Since they couldn't use the save beyond Final Five, I can see them holding over the person who would have left at Final Four.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    It's official. I don't have a favorite on the show anymore. I was a big fan of Candice and Kree, but there song choice and lack of performance skills last night has just left me cold. If they really thought what they did was their best, then that's sad. They should be in danger. I didn't care for anything they did last night.

I like Amber more than most people, I think. Her first song was the best of the night, IMO. I detested her second song. Why someone from the show did not stop her from that fiasco is beyond me. She is too young to understand the song stinks.
    And Jimmy is right. Those judges are smoking something if they liked that crap.
    It will put Amber in the bottom two, IMO.

I am also probably the only one who does NOT like Angie. Every song she sings at the piano sound just alike. Her look into the camera annoys me and she is my least favorite, which probably means she'll win. lol At this point, I don't really care. I'm kind over it. BORING. BORING. BORING.
    No you're not the only one who does not like Angie. ok I like her as a person, her voice is good, but she irritates the %&&% out of me, yes she beautiful but yes when she looks in the camera I want to slap her ....
    I'll get you my pretty, and your little dog too...

+ Reply to Thread