+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: 4/11 AI 12 Top 6 Results **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 4/11 AI 12 Top 6 Results **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    I had a hilarious dream when there were like four girls left, some random WGWG randomly entered the competition and ended up winning

I call it "hilarious" now but at the time it was annoying.
    Really? I heard Lazaro has learned to play the guitar!

Just Kidding
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    Really? I heard Lazaro has learned to play the guitar!
    Yup, but he kept forgetting the correct chords....

Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    Amber with a life threatening illness would always sound better than Lazaro and she remembers her words too!
    Very true, plus she can sing her but off.... and weather she comes in second, third or forth or whatever she will still be a star, if Laz won this, they would have tried to make a hit song the best they could and even if they did he would be a one hit wonder just like a few of the Idol winners...
    I'll get you my pretty, and your little dog too...

I need to recap something here

This is what DezBelle said
    [

To which I responded:

To which MsDiva said:

What I said had nothing to do with Lazaro. Nothing at all. Lazaro was in the Bottom 2 and he's gone. I believe that Amber did indeed belong in the Bottom 2. That's all, so I don't understand the crack about Lazaro in response to my comment.

Ms Diva also said:

The "other boards are wrong,
    Lazaro said "Jimmy said something funny, so I laughed". He didn't say anything rude. Ryan is the one who told Jimmy to check his math.

Lazaro is a young man who had to work a heck of a lot harder than any of the others .... none of whom I hope have any life threatening illnesses.
    All I am saying is his live singing sucked... all the oher stuff other people are saying is not relevant to his singing. And Amber is a great singer and that has nothing to do with Laz. She should not been in the bottom 2 or 3 any times....
    ilja likes this.

MY comment had nothing to do with Lazaro, thus the response didn't make sense and the ongoing cheap shots at Lazaro are cruel.
    Well I am not taking cheap shots at Laz... I just think his singing suck which has nothing to do with his disibility....
    ilja likes this.

FORT Fogey

Amber was in the bottom two because she was very much off key in a few parts of her song.
    NCLurker likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by DezBelle View Post
    Very true, plus she can sing her but off.... and weather she comes in second, third or forth or whatever she will still be a star, if Laz won this, they would have tried to make a hit song the best they could and even if they did he would be a one hit wonder just like a few of the Idol winners...
    That statement is made year after year about contestant after contestant, but it seldom works out that way. And singing you butt off should by all rights include actually hitting the proper pitch, a thing she hasn't seemed to work out yet. If she gets into the studio, they will wear out the auto tune.

That's true razorbacker. It seems to take the planets lining up just right to make someone a "star." But even if they don't become Carrie Underwood famous, the show gives these kids opportunities to make a living doing what they love. It probably won't be a living that puts them in the upper 1%, but many of the past idol contestants have done very well for themselves. Something that probably wouldn't have happened at all if they hadn't appeared on American Idol
    ibot2much and ilja like this.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Oh don't get me wrong Lil Bit, I agree the show puts these kids names & faces in places they would never be able to accomplish on their own & it opens many doors. Just look at all the ones that have gone on to successes on the Broadway & off Broadway stages. Constantine sits at the top of that list & Diana DeGarmo is another that has had multiple roles on Broadway. But on the whole, these kids show promise on the show, but once they are voted off, they are in large part forgotten by that rabid fan base that had previously declared them BIG.
    Lil Bit likes this.

FORT Fogey

Absolutely agree Lil Bit. If people think the only measure of entertainment success is filling large venues, then they are being unrealistic. A great many AI people are making a living on Broadway, in Christian Music and in smaller venues. That is all preferable to the jobs they may have been doing prior to AI exposure.

I recall Simon and his put downs that included 'That sounds Broadway... or cabaret........ or cruise ship". And heaven help the country singer. The only thing he was looking for was a teenage pop princess sound.

Fortunately, music encompasses a large area of preferences.
    RealVoyeur and ilja like this.

+ Reply to Thread