+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: 4/11 AI 12 Top 6 Results **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 4/11 AI 12 Top 6 Results **West Coast Spoilers**

my response was correct for me because I do not believe that Amber belonged in the bottom with Lazaro. I think it should have been Angie. Amber has more talent in her thumb than Lazaro has in his entire body and nope she had no business being in the bottom two!
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    my response was correct for me because I do not believe that Amber belonged in the bottom with Lazaro. I think it should have been Angie. Amber has more talent in her thumb than Lazaro has in his entire body and nope she had no business being in the bottom two!
    MY comment had nothing to do with Lazaro, thus the response didn't make sense and the ongoing cheap shots at Lazaro are cruel.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

He activates my yummy!!!! yourefired's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    Mariah, get over yourself. Kelly stop drooling, you are way better.
    Having seen Mariah Carey live, I can safely tell you she is at the top of any female vocalist ever. I also saw Whitney live. Mariah's voice was more on point than Whitney's even. Love Mariah or hate her, it's hard to deny her talent. And I should preface my statement by saying that I'm not a super fan. I simply went because my cousin didn't want to go alone. I was very impressed with her vocal ability. Kelly is good, but I'm not sure she's quite up there with Mariah. That woman never missed a note.
    MsDiva2007, VAgirl79 and sparklete like this.
    Geisha Ninja Sparkle Dance
    Twirling Ninja Sparkle Dance

I'm happy and relieved that Lazaro is gone and Janelle (my favorite) is still there. I feel like I know she won't win though, so I am just glad I get to hear her for another week.

Is the save still in play next week?

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    I strongly disagree.
    Amber is not unique. She can "do" Whitney and/or "do" Beyonce, but the problem is they have already been done.
    I totally agree with you, echo226. She reminds me of Jessica Sanchez in that (IMO) she is hyped by the judges/the show as "the next..." whomever (Beyonce, Whitney, take your pick), when she is nowhere near their respective leagues. Much like with Jessica, I do not get the show's propping of her at all and find her to be a poor imitation of those women.

All the propping is for naught on the judges' parts anyway, because no way does she win after being in the bottom so many times.
    sclilred1 likes this.

The show can now get down to the business of crowning a winner who can actually sing. I have zero issues with any of the remaining singers thy are all very talented! It was great to see Scotty and Kelly. Did not like Kelly's song or her clothes,just nope.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by cubsfan55 View Post
    Nope. That's when you hit pause, go to the bathroom, change into your PJs, figure out what you're going to wear tomorrow, fix yourself a batch of popcorn and a cocktail, and then slowly but surely make your way back to the TV. I've become a master of delaying a show on the DVR.
    What kind of cocktail goes with popcorn?
    cubsfan55 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    I have been a pretty strong supporter ... because I couldn't fathom why they put him through to the top 20 and figured there had to be something there. I also hated all the name calling, and bashing here, there and everywhere. His total destruction o "Close to You" and one I used to sing was very unsettling. The studio version sounds completely different which is why I feel something is amiss.

I do hope someone picks up on this and will get him the coaching and speech therapy he needs.
    The difference in auto tune & not being able to sing live...

FORT Fogey

Have to agree that Kelly just looked terrible. My god, after all these years, she doesn't have a stylist?? I know her weight goes up and down, but she always looks like she just threw on her dress. Whatever they were doing with the lighting and her terrible makeup made her look like a zombie.

I said it yesterday that the judges going on about Amber being so fabulous when she was badly off key several times made no sense. Randy disses Angie by saying the competition started now after Amber sang!!! What!! At least Mariah had the honesty to say that a few parts would have to have been done over if they were recording.....but the rest of them made it seem like she sang it clean......like Angie did.

America heard how she sang and they voted accordingly.
    sclilred1 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much View Post
    Have to agree that Kelly just looked terrible. My god, after all these years, she doesn't have a stylist?? I know her weight goes up and down, but she always looks like she just threw on her dress. Whatever they were doing with the lighting and her terrible makeup made her look like a zombie.

I said it yesterday that the judges going on about Amber being so fabulous when she was badly off key several times made no sense. Randy disses Angie by saying the competition started now after Amber sang!!! What!! At least Mariah had the honesty to say that a few parts would have to have been done over if they were recording.....but the rest of them made it seem like she sang it clean......like Angie did.

America heard how she sang and they voted accordingly
    And Jimmy compounded that last night with wondering why America doesn't get Amber. Perhaps we do, & those guys are trying to make her into something she isn't. When & if she gets into the studio, Auto Tune stock will go through the roof.
    sclilred1 likes this.

I have been to live Idol shows before and I can tell you there is a difference of some sort of what you hear live and how the audio comes across on air. I went last year and the posts I read about some of the singers being off key amazed me because it was not the way it played out live. Glad Lazaro is gone all the ladies left have great vocal talent!
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

+ Reply to Thread