+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: 4/10 AI 12 Top 6 Performance **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 4/10 AI 12 Top 6 Performance **West Coast Spoilers**

Good points. I do wonder if the negative comments to Lazaro will only cause his fans to vote even more. They will want to prove they will ensure that Lazaro wins or at least hangs in there to the finale. The voters have that power.

I'm just trying to imagine the determination and stamina it takes to vote so feverishly for Lazaro, ignoring more accomplished singers. I'm prepared for him to hang around until the save is no longer available.

If Lazaro is at the bottom, will he even bother to sing a song for the save? Man, that would be very uncomfortable.

No, just like when Simon was on the show. They would just say, "let's not fool ourselves, we are not going to use the save at all for you." So they will not let him sing. It will just cause more animosity towards him and the judges if they save him.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Good points. I do wonder if the negative comments to Lazaro will only cause his fans to vote even more. They will want to prove they will ensure that Lazaro wins or at least hangs in there to the finale. The voters have that power.

I'm just trying to imagine the determination and stamina it takes to vote so feverishly for Lazaro, ignoring more accomplished singers. I'm prepared for him to hang around until the save is no longer available.

If Lazaro is at the bottom, will he even bother to sing a song for the save? Man, that would be very uncomfortable.
    Yes. I think he might sing "We are the Champions".

, I really hope an artist ( like Clay or Josh Grobin) and some great speech pathologist take him under their wing(s) and help. As I have said before, I do think he is already an inspiration to many.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

I like what Slezak said on TVLine:

But what’s the point of constructive criticism for Lazaro when, ultimately, what he needs is four or five years of life experience and intense vocal training before he’s fit to even be an also-ran behind a Kree or a Candice or a Janelle. The problem is, the judges should have known and acted on that fact back in Hollywood Week, but their love of backstory (or Uncle Nigel’s desire to create Susan Boyle 2.0) got in the way. And that’s left Lazaro in the heinous position of being utterly outclassed, being totally aware that he’s outclassed, but being stuck in a vicious cycle where the people who profess to love him won’t allow him to get to the escape hatch. It really starts to get depressing when you think about it.
    maxkl likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by DezBelle View Post
    I know one thing...if Laz is in the top 3 tonight, or even don't go home tonight, AI is done....
    AI is done anyway, this has been the most boring season ever (I've been watching since Season 2), and 4 judges are too many. Especially 4 who talk too much.
    mesachick likes this.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

Hmmmm. I just went and listened to the studio version of Lazaro singing "Close to you" ..and it sounded nothing like last night's performance. Except for some expected enunciation issues, I thought it was actually pretty good. This boy has a good voice buried in there.

By the way, the "big deal" key change thing that they called him on last night did NOT happen in the studio version.
    So I am starting to think they did this on purpose to mess him up? I am starting to think this is the "legal" way to affect outcomes.

Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    It is American Idol history. And it's a good way to understand the winners. Only two winners have NOT had the double letters in their names. They are Taylor Hicks and Jordin Sparks. All others have. Ruben had triple d's in his name. A sure winner.

Kelly Clarkson
    Ruben Studdard
    Fantasia Barrino
    Carrie Underwood
    David Cook
    Kris Allen
    Lee Dewyze
    Scotty McCreery
    Phillip Phillips

Talent wise, I think most of the ones left are worthy, except for Lazaro, but the fans somehow come up with the one they want and not necessarily the most gifted.

As others have posted. I can't seeing them using the save for Jenelle or Lazaro, but they would for the others.
    Holy crap! Who made this up? Is this some kind of numerology only with letters? That being said, your math is off. There are 2 U's in Ruben Studdard, 3 A's in Fantasia Barrino not to mention to I's, 2 E's and D's in Carrie Underwood, 2 D's in David Cook, 4 E's in Lee Dewyze, 3 E's and 2 Y's in Scotty McCreery. The worst is Phillip Phillips' with 4 P's, 2 H's, & 4 I's.

ROFL! How is this a GOOD way to understand the winners? In fact, it's a STUPID way to understand the winners. Can't anyone fathom the fact that the winners win because they have enough loyal fans that would vote for them non-stop?

Quote Originally Posted by jammyjoe View Post
    Holy crap! Who made this up? Is this some kind of numerology only with letters? That being said, your math is off. There are 2 U's in Ruben Studdard, 3 A's in Fantasia Barrino not to mention to I's, 2 E's and D's in Carrie Underwood, 2 D's in David Cook, 4 E's in Lee Dewyze, 3 E's and 2 Y's in Scotty McCreery. The worst is Phillip Phillips' with 4 P's, 2 H's, & 4 I's.

ROFL! How is this a GOOD way to understand the winners? In fact, it's a STUPID way to understand the winners. Can't anyone fathom the fact that the winners win because they have enough loyal fans that would vote for them non-stop?
    jj ... take another look ... your counting is off as well.

This is a FUN way to pick a winner ... similar to picking the horse with the prettiest name to win! (Nothing stupid about it)
    mesachick and Madison_2008 like this.

Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by jammyjoe View Post
    Dissing Lazaro though could backfire because it will make his fans vote for him some more. I don't know if Nicki knew this or she just ran out of time to critique because Mariah took like over an hour to just say what she had to say.
    I don't think that she specifically thought that trashing the performance would garner votes for him, but she definitely CHOSE to remain silent rather than critique him. I think she probably was thinking more along the lines of "if you can't say something nice don't say anything at all," more than any master strategy for denying him votes.

So I finally watched Candace's final song, all I can say is I don't need any ambien after listening to her. Why would anyone say they wish they had written a song that has like 2 lines sung over and over? And it sounded very old fashioned to me, like an old torch song, not something kids would ever rush out to buy. Honestly, this is the most boring season ever. I'm so happy for the Voice.
    cubsfan55 likes this.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast