+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: 4/10 AI 12 Top 6 Performance **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 4/10 AI 12 Top 6 Performance **West Coast Spoilers**

I wasn't surprised with Candice's performances last night. I have thought she was awesome from day one. At times, I have thought that Kree was equally as talented. Nothings changed for me, except that I think Jenelle has made some poor song choices lately and not put her all into the songs AND my like of Angie has completely waned. I can't believe I once liked her. Now I find her quite annoying. Everything she does sounds the same to me and I don't mean that in a good way. I guess I just don't like her style or performance, personality, demeanor, etc. But, of course, I know she has many fans. And being the best singer has little to do with winning AI.

So, if talent is not really the key to a win, let's look at what really matters. I have been trying to figure who has the best chance.

Candice Glover has some chance due to the double C's in her first name, but that may not be enough.

Kree Harrison has the best chance to win due to her double ee's and double r's in her last name. Plus, they are side by side, like Carrie Underwood, Scotty McCreery and Phillip Phillips. You can't go wrong with those double, side by side letters.

Angie Miller, has a good shot due to the double ll's that are side by side.

Amber Holcomb has some chance with the double o's in her last night, but the competition is too fierce to get far with that.

Janelle Arhur has the double ll's in her first name, but it's not enough, added to her recent lackluster performances.

Lazaro Arbos also has two a's in his first name, but it's not enough to carry him.

I love Candice, but think there is no doubt that Kree must prevail by letter science and AI tradition or Angie.

To the Point

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    Well Lazero had a night eh? Not necessarily the night he wanted but it was a night. This kid was so awful the judges had to bite their tongues to keep from crushing him like a bug. Karen Carpenter is rolling over.

And despite all the praise for Amber she was well off the pitch multiple times & didn't get called on it. I like the girl (certainly more than Candice) & I think she has a shot at being a commercial artist, but I see her finishing no better than 4th.

Janelle is getting railroaded. It just isn't fair to the girl to be waiting backstage & hear Nicki praise Kree while dissing Janelle before she even sings. But, certainly Kree is the better of the two & she proved that last night.

Angie sort of redeemed herself with that last song, but for me it came across as a bunch of screaming angst. Now maybe that's the way the song is written, I am unfamiliar with it, but it was better than her first regardless. I liked the comment Keith made to her that once she learns to do that better on piano she will learn to do it without. He's a pretty smart cookie.

Kree is just a brilliant interpreter of lyrics. I too can see her as a future member of the Opry. And I have no doubt that Kristofferson will love her version. She certainly sang it better than he could...sorry, I think he is a wonderful song writer but a lousy singer & an even worse actor.

Candice, was really good on the first song. But, unfortunately we had major storms roll through last night & my DirecTv froze up just before her last performance, so I didn't get to see it. From what everyone has been saying it was brilliant. I have even seen it compared to Fantasia's Summer Time, now if that is the case I can tell you right now I would have hated it. That performance by Fantasia, to me, is one of the most overrated performances ever.

These girls are really good top to bottom. I think Amber has a shot at commercial success, but I think she is going to get swamped in the voting by Candice. Candice, just doesn't seem to be a very likeable person to me. There is something of the entitled to her. Janelle is the white girl version of Amber, good, but going to get swamped by Angie & Kree's fan bases. I think the only one remaining that truly has a shot at big time stardom is Kree.

And there you have it, early morning ramblings, from someone that is going to be disappointed tonight as one of these talented ladies leaves & Lazero watches from the final 5.
    I started to cut and paste to keep from quoting your whole post, but you said so much that I was thinking the whole time.

Laz so needs to go. Enough said about him.

Janelle is getting railroaded. She may not be the best of the ladies, but she is utterly charming and endlessly sweet no matter what they throw at her. I do think she will have a career but, like all the rest, it will take work.

Amber is being overly praised. I have yet to hear a performance from her that did not have at least a smidge of pitch issues. Last night there as more than a smidge. She is probably very sweet, she is incredibly young, and she has a good voice. I just am not buying the "all that" that the judges are trying to sell.

Angie has great potential but she needs to find a way to project a passion for whatever she sings. Yes, I too think she was a bit screamy in that second song.

Kree is excellent! I would be fine with her winning this thing.

Candace, while maybe not the most relatable on the show, is the best. I think so every week even when I really, really enjoy Kree. Last night Candace was beyond fantastic in both songs. Girl is amazing! razorbacker, I despised Fantasia's summertime and I would never relate this performance to that. Candace was simply amazing, period!!

Quote Originally Posted by debb70 View Post
    i wasn't surprised with candice's performances last night. I have thought she was awesome from day one. At times, i have thought that kree was equally as talented. Nothings changed for me, except that i think jenelle has made some poor song choices lately and not put her all into the songs and my like of angie has completely waned. I can't believe i once liked her. Now i find her quite annoying. Everything she does sounds the same to me and i don't mean that in a good way. I guess i just don't like her style or performance, personality, demeanor, etc. But, of course, i know she has many fans. And being the best singer has little to do with winning ai.

So, if talent is not really the key to a win, let's look at what really matters. I have been trying to figure who has the best chance.

candice glover has some chance due to the double c's in her first name, but that may not be enough.

kree harrison has the best chance to win due to her double ee's and double r's in her last name. Plus, they are side by side, like carrie underwood, scotty mccreery and phillip phillips. You can't go wrong with those double, side by side letters.

angie miller, has a good shot due to the double ll's that are side by side.

amber holcomb has some chance with the double o's in her last night, but the competition is too fierce to get far with that.

janelle arhur has the double ll's in her first name, but it's not enough, added to her recent lackluster performances.

lazaro arbos also has two a's in his first name, but it's not enough to carry him.

I love candice, but think there is no doubt that kree must prevail by letter science and ai tradition or angie.
    what the?????????????
    I'll get you my pretty, and your little dog too...

I know one thing...if Laz is in the top 3 tonight, or even don't go home tonight, AI is done....
    I'll get you my pretty, and your little dog too...

Quote Originally Posted by DezBelle View Post
    what the?????????????
    It is American Idol history. And it's a good way to understand the winners. Only two winners have NOT had the double letters in their names. They are Taylor Hicks and Jordin Sparks. All others have. Ruben had triple d's in his name. A sure winner.

Kelly Clarkson
    Ruben Studdard
    Fantasia Barrino
    Carrie Underwood
    David Cook
    Kris Allen
    Lee Dewyze
    Scotty McCreery
    Phillip Phillips

Talent wise, I think most of the ones left are worthy, except for Lazaro, but the fans somehow come up with the one they want and not necessarily the most gifted.

As others have posted. I can't seeing them using the save for Jenelle or Lazaro, but they would for the others.
    Last edited by Debb70; 04-11-2013 at 12:38 PM.

I get confused by the theme nights because they rarely change... We have Lennon & McCartney week, Motown Week, and Burt Bacharach week. Why?? The judges consistently tell the contestants that they "want to know what kind of artist they are" but they force them to sing songs that are NOT in their wheelhouse and show the audience nothing about what kind of artist they want to be. Sorry, but there aren't a lot of Bacharach songs that can have a current spin put on them!

Amber was off pitch a few times during that first song and we were waiting for the judges to call her on it.. but all they did was praise her. HUH?? She was a bit better on song #2 but I see her in the bottom 2. Lazaro was embarrassing himself...and the skintight green leisure suit made him look like Gumby.. well, Gumby with a package.

I have loved Angie since Hollywood week but she's been inconsistent, and that has to do with the song choices. I think Keith gave her some great advice. When you're touring you can come out from behind that piano and let loose with an up-tempo song and it will be received well, but until you get there, build your fan base with what they know and love, and that is passionate singing behind the piano.

Janelle has a great country voice and I see her getting a contract and doing well on country radio. In my opinion she's got a better voice than Lauren Alaina and she did OK, but I think the songs she released were blah, so she dropped a bit quicker. I don't see Janelle in the top 3 this year, but she will still be successful.

Kree blew me away last night. I'm a huge, huge OLD country fan. I listen to Ronnie Milsap, Waylon Jennings, Don Williams, Barbara Mandrell, Gatlin Brothers, The Judds. Any 70's/80's/90's country I'm crazy about. One of my favorite songs was always one-hit wonder Sammi Smith's "Help Me Make it Through The Night". I knew others had covered it, but I loved Smith's version. That is a 40 year old song that no one even thinks about anymore, but Kree made it sound current. She could release it tomorrow. Just wow.

I finally like Candice. It took all season. I never doubted her voice, I just wasn't crazy about HER. I always thought she had a touch of arrogance.. but I realized in the last few weeks that's not arrogance, I think it's a touch of shyness. She's a small town girl with a big voice, and I think she's a bit overwhelmed with what the judges are telling her. After her second performance last night her reaction brought me to tears. You could see on her face that she was a bit shocked at the reaction. It must be an amazing feeling to think you have talent, but then have that validated by not only the audience but also by veterans in the field.

I think Kree and Candice will be the final two. I honestly don't know who will win, or even who I want to win of the two... both will go on to successful careers either way in my opinion!

Cookie
    Debb70 and sparklete like this.

FORT Fogey

Lazaro is out of his league. We all know it. He likely knows it. But, he is engaging in another ways. For as bad as he is relative to those remain, I'd almost rather keep him around over Janelle. She's lost the charm and fighting spirit she started with. I feel bad for her because I think she knows it. How could she not given all the praise the other girls are getting?

At least with Lazaro is fightin' to the end - even though I'm sure he knows he doesn't have a chance.

I'm hoping both of these 2 go next.

I am hoping the final 4 are Kree, Candica, Amber and Angie.

And then I hope they form a band when the show is over...or at least do gigs together from time to time. They are SOOO good and I'm REALLY enjoying this season!!!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    It is American Idol history. And it's a good way to understand the winners. Only two winners have NOT had the double letters in their names. They are Taylor Hicks and Jordin Sparks. All others have. Ruben had triple d's in his name. A sure winner.

Kelly Clarkson
    Ruben Studdard
    Fantasia Barrino
    Carrie Underwood
    David Cook
    Kris Allen
    Lee Dewyze
    Scotty McCreery
    Phillip Phillips

Talent wise, I think most of the ones left are worthy, except for Lazaro, but the fans somehow come up with the one they want and not necessarily the most gifted.

As others have posted. I can't seeing them using the save for Jenelle or Lazaro, but they would for the others.
    Awesome observation! Does this mean Kree Harrison or Angela Miller will win?

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter View Post
    Awesome observation! Does this mean Kree Harrison or Angela Miller will win?
    It doesn't always work, but it's a great tool, IMO. Of course, fans love what they love, no matter who it is. I will still be shocked if the double letter theory falls short this year.

OMG Candice! Finally, someone singing a song from one of my favorite bands of all time (The Cure) and I would not have expected it from someone like her (more like Adam, Colton or David Cook). Well maybe since she actually did the Adele version but in a torchy, jazzy arrangement. It was AH-MAZING! They should have alternative rock for theme night every year. She did the best in the first half and also did the best in the 2nd half.

If this was final 3 of her, Angie and Kree, it would have been a matter of who will join her in the finale.

Can we just get rid of Lazaro now? I mean, is anyone in the FORT actually voting for him? Enough guys...if you have enough sense, you are just doing him a huge disservice and also the show itself. They are better karaoke singers that I've heard than this guy. The longer he stays, the worse the backlash will get, against him and the show. We have the best quality of singers in AI history but he's dragging down the group's average. Every week he stays it makes the show seem like less of an actual singing competition and more of a joke. Ok we get it, judges put him through in the top 20 boys for sympathy and charitable purposes but when they selected the top 10 boys, that's when the charity should have stopped because we know for sure that the voting audience will put him though the top 10 finalists. He has a decent, not great, voice but his low register sucks and his musical knowledge is quite limited (can't sing on key or make key changes, can't change up songs, can't memorize lyrics, etc). If he sang that Close To You song in Hollywood, he would have been cut.

Which will be talked about more, Candice's great performances or Lazaro's horrible performances? That's quite the opposite sides of the spectrum from last night. Move over Tamyra Gray's A House is Not a Home and Nikki McKibbin's Something There to Remind Me because Candice's Don't Make Me Over and Lazaro Arbos' Close To You is the new best and worst Bacharach/David cover.

I like what Keith said to him, that you can tell which ones (Lazaro) look like the they are in a talent contest and which ones are artists (others). Dissing Lazaro though could backfire because it will make his fans vote for him some more. I don't know if Nicki knew this or she just ran out of time to critique because Mariah took like over an hour to just say what she had to say. Thanks to DVR I can FF through some of the nonsense judging.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast