Closed Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: 4/4 AI 12 Top 7 Results **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 4/4 AI 12 Top 7 Results **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by ilja View Post
    Wouldn't it be funny if the #1 goal of the judges this year was to nominate only mediocre boys so that they could guarantee a girl win and instead they ended up with a guy as the idol?
    That's actually the goal of VFTW. Make Lazaro the American Idol so the producers and judges will stop putting through mediocre talent just because of their sob story. This is a talent show not a charity!

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

How long can the judges keep their save? Until how many are left?

Sob stories do well on this show because the voters think they're doing something good, and/or they like to be "inspired" and cry over things.

He activates my yummy!!!! yourefired's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by xmaskat View Post
    OMG! Lazaro in the Top 3. Unbelievable.
    Who is voting for this guy?
    People who like his story..........and people who want to p*ss off Nigel Lithgoye?????????
    Geisha Ninja Sparkle Dance
    Twirling Ninja Sparkle Dance

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    I apologize because champion of the underdog here likes Lazaro, ... but you all ore cracking me up with the one liners.
    IMO Micah was the better speech impediment story and the more talented vocalist. Imagine how hard it must have been to have a successful career in the military and go in for a routine tonsilectomy and come out with a slashed nerve and a permanent speech disability. I just think Micah could not be controlled as much as Laz could in the eyes of TPTB. Personally I think it's amazing the difference between his speaking and singing voices. I also think he's better singing in his upper register than his lower register. Last night's performance was too much in the lower register so I didn't love it.

All that being said, TPTB asked for this when they started ramming his story down our throats. And now they have someone who could potentially rally enough support to win it all. They created this monster and if he wins, they have no one to blame but themselves.
    JohnnyK likes this.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Micah was robbed.
    yourefired likes this.

By the way ...is she pregnant?
    I told my friend tonight that with that unflattering dress it wouldn't take long for the pregnancy speculation rumors to come out. Congratulations! That took less than 2 hours from when I told her that. lol And if she is, she's not confirming it yet. But wow was that dress unflattering and ugly! Not at all like Carrie I'm used to.

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    A cockroach will survive a nuclear blast. Lazaro survives with droopy drawers (from the back view.)

Janelle was a surprise. I thought she had a loyal fanbase. I was also surprised Candice didn't make top 3, though most of the judges and Jimmy had her in top 4, which is where she landed.

I don't know...just color me ???
    I called the Candace drop last night. The edit she got in those pre-performance packages was unlikable at best. She came across a bit bitter and nasty. I'm not sure why she got that edit, but it really didn't make me want to vote for her.

I think Kree got the best edit. I'm thinking she's the most easily controlled and that's who they want to win. She definitely got the winner's edit. Janelle and Angie also got very favorable edits.

FORT Newbie

I think Lazarus got to the top 3 by picking up the hispanic votes that went to Devin from last week. Hopefully, that's the last boost he gets!

Carrie is not pregnant! End of rumor,

Speaking of Carrie ... is that hair style trendy or something. It sure didn't flatter her. It aged her ... and looks like she slept in the greenroom and they just tucked the back under and picked out the sides.

By the way ...is she pregnant?

Whatever she is still a sweetheart ... and note that they mentioned a lot of awards ... but didn't mention any country awards. Odd ... or because the one real country singer had not been chosen by anyone as top 3 ... and also ended up as B2 tonight.
    Carrie has won well over 120 major industry awards so to list them all would have been way out of bounds. And The Grammys are pretty much the industry standard anyway. I think the one thing many people tend to overlook or not be aware of is the 17 #1 singles, and that she wrote 8 of them, & never releasing a single that finished worse than #2. That is pretty impressive stuff, especially for a female in the male dominated country music genre, where almost anything a guy releases gets major radio play while the women have to fight over the scraps.

I don't mean to hog the place, but most people aren't up yet anyway, so here goes.... I have a feeling that were Lazaro to win this thing, we would see a major announcement from Jimmy Iovine that he has refused to honor his commitment & will not work with, nor produce the winners album. This kid is so far below the talent level of everyone else that has been sent home so far, it is ridiculous & now he is Top 3? WHAT!
    Last edited by Arielflies; 04-05-2013 at 11:12 AM.

FORT Fogey

I wanted to note something if I could, please. Over the last 8 years, Carrie has learned to show emotion when she sings. The one criticism that I remember Carrie receiving on Idol was that she did not show emotion which is the same thing that is essentially being said about Angie with singing the words with her head but not her heart.
    Also, someone upthread or the other night mentioned that Angie needs to connect with her audience more than with the camera. I hope someone at Idol is telling her this as well even if we don't hear it on camera.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast