+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: 3/28 AI 12 Top 8 Results Show **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 3/28 AI 12 Top 8 Results Show **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by DezBelle View Post
    I 100% agree with you, shes one of the best....

I think Laz new exactly what he was saying, especially the way he said it...

BOO is never used from male to male..its more of a girl thing.... or even a guy taling to a girl, never a man to man
    Your last two comments there seem to be in conflict with each other. If Laz knew "exactly" what he was saying, thn why in the world would he say it to a man?

I really think Lazaro is being unjustly and unkindly treated. I stand by the thought that it's a language thing.

I think someone told him to say it ... and he didn't know what it meant. People do that as a "joke" with people who don't know the language well ... that is, tell them to say a word and it ends up being a dirty or inappropriate word. I'm telling you that it was a mistake and/or unknowing ... and without intent to be disrespectful. I can't imagine why anyone would think he knowinglywould BE disrespectful to Randy. Incidentally ... you can hear Randy laughing in the background so apparently he was not offended in any way.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    This is one reason I like the voice better than idol now. idol is either a pity vote or a high school popularity contest. Talent comes last. There is no way anyone other than Lazaro I can't Remember the song Arbos should be leaving. Lazaro is milking it for all it's worth and it's time for him to go. The remaining contestants have far superior talent than he does.
    I like the Voice better now too, but have you heard some of the sob stories they come up with? There is no way Lazaro is going to win, so what difference if he lasts a few weeks more than some of those other guys, who also only have marginal talent in my opinon. Why give Idol what it wants, which is getting us to care if Lazaro stays or goes. I'd still rather listen to him then either Devin or Burnell.
    If you have men who will exclude any of God's creatures from the shelter of compassion and pity you will have men who will deal likewise with their fellow men. - St. Francis of Assisi

He activates my yummy!!!! yourefired's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cornfritter View Post
    Why do you feel there is no market for Amber or Candice? Candice, imo, her jazzy blues reminds me a little of Amy Winehouse.
    I think people have been trying to crack that market for years. It seems like Beyonce is the queen of R&B now. Before it was Mary J Blige. People from Kelly Rowland to Kimberly Locke have tried unsuccessfully. Jordin Sparks also only had minimal success, and I credit that more to her young age than her talent. Jennifer Hudson has also tried but hasn't seen much success on the music side.

In looking at music there isn't a lot of places for those 2 to go. Jazzy R&B is not in right now and I can't see either of those 2 bringing it back. Amber has the look but not the personality and Candace has the personality but not the total looks package. I'm not saying they're not talented, but I feel like they'll follow the long line of Idol contestants that end up on Broadway or a touring production.
    Geisha Ninja Sparkle Dance
    Twirling Ninja Sparkle Dance

BOO is never used from male to male..its more of a girl thing.... or even a guy taling to a girl, never a man to man
    I didn't say it was a man saying it to a man, or even a woman to man.
    Nor did I say if it was a parent speaking to a male child.
    Or if it was a tongue-in-cheek remark made from one gay guy to another.

Never or not, I only gave a definition of the term Boo as I've heard it used. I didn't make it up, so maybe I dreamt it.
    ilja likes this.
    Impossible things are being done every day.

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    LOL at those pictures. To be fair though, he had a pretty serious drug and alcohol problem back then too. I am sure his style got better when he saw himself while clean and sober.
    I hope that purple and white shirt was chosen under the influence of something. :/ But in all seriousness, I think he has really learned who he is and stands by it. He's beaten some heavy demons and found his true loves in Nicole and Sunday Rose. He truly is a grown up now and he knows he doesn't have to try too hard to impress. While I actually preferred his music on the Golden Road and following cd to now, I still think he's amazzing.

Quote Originally Posted by WinkyD View Post
    If Laz wasn't booted TONIGHT for forgetting words, he ain't goin' anywhere next week.

Singing next week for the save will be either Amber or Burnell. I'm guessing Amber leaves.
    I just watched that song with the three guys and didn't see all that much forgetting the words going on. From what I've been reading, it sounded like it was a real mess, and I didn't see that at all. I'll have to watch it again, I guess.
    If you have men who will exclude any of God's creatures from the shelter of compassion and pity you will have men who will deal likewise with their fellow men. - St. Francis of Assisi

Janelle is this season's WGWG (White Girl With Guitar). She's going to win since all the guys will be gone before top 5.

Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723 View Post
    I just watched that song with the three guys and didn't see all that much forgetting the words going on. From what I've been reading, it sounded like it was a real mess, and I didn't see that at all. I'll have to watch it again, I guess.
    Simon often said things sounded different in the studio than when you hear them on TV. That's why he always went home and watched the broadcast to see if he needed to modify any of his thoughts from the night before. He often did too. I can see it happening too. When you're in a venue, sound can be distorted or too loud or too soft. We hear a cleaner sound on TV. I didn't think it was all that bad either. Just people being difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    Your last two comments there seem to be in conflict with each other. If Laz knew "exactly" what he was saying, thn why in the world would he say it to a man?

I really think Lazaro is being unjustly and unkindly treated. I stand by the thought that it's a language thing.

I think someone told him to say it ... and he didn't know what it meant. People do that as a "joke" with people who don't know the language well ... that is, tell them to say a word and it ends up being a dirty or inappropriate word. I'm telling you that it was a mistake and/or unknowing ... and without intent to be disrespectful. I can't imagine why anyone would think he knowinglywould BE disrespectful to Randy. Incidentally ... you can hear Randy laughing in the background so apparently he was not offended in any way.
    It didn't contradict, he knew what he was saying because I think he was being a smart @ss on purpose and he isn't dumb or na´ve, he knew exactly what he was doing, I don't think he is being picked on..he's a ok singer but worse than anybody in the top 10
    I'll get you my pretty, and your little dog too...

It didn't contradict, he knew what he was saying because I think he was being a smart @ss on purpose and he isn't dumb or na´ve, he knew exactly what he was doing, I don't think he is being picked on..he's a ok singer but worse than anybody in the top 10
    I didn't say contradict ... I said the last 2 comments were in conflict. I purposely didn't use the word contradictory, because I thought the statements clashed and didn't fit with each other, but were not necessarily directly opposite or contradictory.

Lazaro doesn't seem like the type to make smart-aleck remarks. Does he seem to you like someone who always has a quick and clever answer to a question? This young man struggles to get words out and my impression is that he tries to make the ones he does get out count.

And I asked why in the world would he want to misuse it that way, or choose to be a smart aleck if he has the ability to be glib and quick and quick witted? It doesn't sound like a very smart thing to do when you are looking for approval.

There is no other contestant who got treatment as harsh as Lazaro. Listen to how "gently" others are critiqued, except for Nikki's assault on Paul. As for Lazaro they made him cry. Heck ... I was almost crying for him as he seems to sincerely want to do a good job.

I say give him the benefit of any doubt.
    Last edited by echo226; 03-29-2013 at 10:58 PM.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast