+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Like Tree49Likes

Thread: 3/27 AI 12 Top 8 Performance **West Coast Spoilers**

To the Point

Re: 3/27 AI 12 Top 8 Performance **West Coast Spoilers**

I thought all three guys were terrible in that group song. I, personally, felt that there was something very off through the whole thing and it involved all three guys. They were jointly and individually awful.

Also, it was obvious that lyrics had been forgotten and when he got to Lazaro that is what was confirmed....I heard the word "I" not "we" and I actually watched it again this morning.....that doesn't mean I'm right...it may mean I wasn't listening well. I don't see his admitting that he forgot the lyrics as making an excuse...it's owning his failure in this case. He obviously does struggle in this area, but I refuse to jump on the band wagon of bashing him for this issue. This is a kid who obviously has struggled all his life with the speech issue, and it just may be that those struggles were a bit broader than that based on his struggles with learning songs. It's unfortunate that he is struggling in this area and I do think he was the worst for the past two weeks and probably should go home. I just can't help but care about this kid who already seems to struggle with self-esteem. While I do think his time has come, I don't want it to be a mean nasty exit.

Burnell, if indeed he was mocking Laz, needs to get over himself and he owes Laz an apology! That is cruel and shows a very nasty streak!!
    Shoepie likes this.

I really love Devin's voice and think out of the guys, he's the best one there. His song was amazing this week. Lazaro did sing better this week, but he still is so glaringly bad compared to the rest of the kids. I normally like Burnell ok, but something with how he styled his song this week bugged me to death. He kept putting an mmm at the end of words where it didn't belong. My Cherie Amore..mmm. Ugh.

The girls. I too am getting tired of Candice. There are already too many voices like hers on the radio already, so for me anyway, she doesn't stand out with anything unique. That's where Kree and Janelle differ. They do have very unique voices and this to me, is what sets them apart from the rest of the girls. What happened to Angie? I normally like her, but she was totally off last night.

As for the guys group performance, I just watched it, and it is very clear that Lazaro and Burnell both messed up their parts. Devin did try to save the song best he could. At least he knew ALL the words (sorry Lazaro but your comment was wrong). Devin also seemed to be the only one that knew the moves. Lazaro just stood there through most of it while Burnell got it right some of the time.

I watched the comments that the guys made afterward three times, and Burnell did not in any way mock Lazaro and his stuttering. I have no idea why anyone would say something different unless they cut it out for the West Coast show, because it wasn't there. Nicki did the cut it out sign after Burnell said that he wasn't going to throw anyone under the bus. So yeah, maybe the East Coast feed had something different in it since it was live, that they cut out for the West Coast feed. Otherwise I didn't see anything like mockery.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

I just want to jump in and mention I just replayed the moment that Ryan talked to the guys after their solo (several times), and at no time did Burnell stutter. The camera panned to Randy after Burnell said, I sang what I was supposed to, and then you could hear Lazaro was trying to say something, and the camera panned back to the guys as Burnell then said, I'm not trying to throw anybody under the bus.

I won't get into who should or should not be there..It is what it is. If they all make records when it's over, if I like a song, I will buy it, and I really don't care who puts it out.

But, if these kids think this is tough, wait until they get into the real world..this show is gravy compared to if they continue with this career. If they can't deal with it now, then they probably better look for another career. The entertainment business will chew you up and spit you out in a heartbeat.
    Last edited by crzndeb; 03-28-2013 at 07:45 PM.
    MsDiva2007 likes this.

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jammyjoe View Post
    Lazaro is out of his league. It's the judges' fault that they chose him for the top 5 guys when there were far better singers than him in the top 10 guys. Also, the decision had to be unanimous to make the top 5 so it was ridiculous that Jimmy had to make the decision for the judges to put Paul Jolley in. I would understand if that was Lazaro but I think the judges didn't want to put Lazaro in that situation because I know Jimmy would not have put him through. So I blame Lazaro's inclusion among the finalist on the judges. Lazaro is karaoke at best.

From TVLine:

On the Boys' Group Performance:

When Ryan asks what went wrong, Burnell says, “I did what I was supposed to do. I ain’t throwing anybody under the bus, but this is a competition.”

Devin says “I learned my parts. I tried saving a couple of people.”

Lazaro says “I didn’t know the words that well.”

I have to ask: Why did Lazaro think it was okay to forget his lyrics and not even bother with the simple choreographed dance moves? Yeah, Burnell’s “not to throw anyone under the bus…” and Devin’s “I learned my parts. I tried saving a couple people,” may not have been tactful, but it’s not like they could ignore Seacrest’s question — or what had just gone down in their performance just seconds prior.

How can one forget his parts when there are only a couple of verses to memorize? Lazaro was very unprofessional. Sometimes you just have to admit that you messed up. That would have been a test of his character and endear the audience more to him but instead he made up excuses and looked even worse. As for the other two, it wasn't their fault, they were just fending for themselves after the critique but they didn't want to mention names. Devin said "a couple or people" when he actually meant just Lazaro. Not fair that Randy and Nikki dissed on Janelle but they didn't diss on Lazaro for his screw-up. They criticized the performance but not who caused the disaster that threw the whole thing off-kilter. I wish that was Hollywood Week as Lazaro would have been gone.

The bottom line is, the judges have been assessing Lazaro's subpar performances using a very different (lower) standard, obviously because of his affliction, than they employ for this season's less fragile (but more talented) singers. And this simply is not fair--to viewers, to the contestants, or even to Lazaro himself. It has to stop.
    I thought only Nicki of the judges commented (harshly) about the trio's performance. Ryan practically ran onstage to prevent a riot and then the question to them.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jammyjoe View Post
    Lazaro is out of his league. It's the judges' fault that they chose him for the top 5 guys when there were far better singers than him in the top 10 guys. Also, the decision had to be unanimous to make the top 5 so it was ridiculous that Jimmy had to make the decision for the judges to put Paul Jolley in. I would understand if that was Lazaro but I think the judges didn't want to put Lazaro in that situation because I know Jimmy would not have put him through. So I blame Lazaro's inclusion among the finalist on the judges. Lazaro is karaoke at best.
    The "judges" are casting a reality show, not looking for the top 10 best singers. That's been obvious from the beginning. I had hopes they were getting less obvious about it the past two season, but this season is maybe right up there with the worst. The problem is they pick these young kids are in over their heads anyway and then throw them under the bus for the sake of ratings and to get the fans "talking." They seed the top 10 with 2 or 3 that they want to win, and then hope for the best. I don't think it always works out the way they plan (see Taylor Hicks), but they keep trying.

The sad thing is, I really think most people would be happier with a top 10 truly talented group and then let the chips fall where they may. I'm sick of all the drama, manufactured or otherwise, and I'm probably through with the show. I couldn't even finish watching it last night I was so bored. I have started muting the judges (all of them, not just Mariah anymore), or flipping the channel. I will say again, two hours is too long and four judges who don't know how to keep it concise are too many. It's sad because I used to love this show so much I couldn't wait for the nights it was on. Now, If anything else even remotely interesting was on in the same time slot, I wouldn't even both at all.

I do like Janelle, she's worth tuning in for. The others, not so much.
    You keep saying that & it may be true in some short term type of way, but you always tend to overlook the long term effects. Jimmy Iovine & Interscope Records have a huge stake in finding someone that the public connects with & will actually sell records for them. They found that last year in P2, who now has the biggest selling single in Idol history & I think if things work out they will find that again this year. Reality show, absolutely. Business venture, most assuredly.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 03-29-2013 at 11:21 AM.

I love P2! His album is amazing. I bought it from iTunes and listen to it a few times a week.
    Cornholio likes this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    I thought only Nicki of the judges commented (harshly) about the trio's performance. Ryan practically ran onstage to prevent a riot and then the question to them.
    That part I saw online. I do wonder how it feels for Lazaro stuttering like that, and yet when he sings , he hears his own voice with no stuttering at all. Must be sort of neat for him.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

I am sorry but it is so obvious the top 10 guys were stack with guys they know have no chance of wining. It was all pre-planned. I won't surprise if we have a top 5, all women.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    That part I saw online. I do wonder how it feels for Lazaro stuttering like that, and yet when he sings , he hears his own voice with no stuttering at all. Must be sort of neat for him.
    He should follow Keith's advice from the first audition. Keith told him he should sing all the time.

It would be kind of neat, if when they critique him, he sang a response. That would be fun ... he could even sing the Thank You part from Keith Urban's song.

Quote Originally Posted by jacobson00 View Post
    I am sorry but it is so obvious the top 10 guys were stack with guys they know have no chance of wining. It was all pre-planned. I won't surprise if we have a top 5, all women.
    Possible ... even probable. Also note how they are sifting through the women. They are filtering to get who they want. They criticized both Janelle and Angie this week, and praised the other 3. They may very well want Amber and Candace as the F2, with perhaps Kree in the F3? Or maybe they want Angie and Janelle, so they pick on them a little to encourage people to vote for them to "save" them. It was a device used by Simon so there's no reason it won't work now.

Maybe we need a show without judges comments/critiques.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 03-29-2013 at 03:36 PM.
    NFL1 likes this.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

Since a heated discussion is beginning to boil over the male trio song highlighting Lazaro's part, I've deleted the latest posts referring to it.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

+ Reply to Thread