+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Like Tree49Likes

Thread: 3/27 AI 12 Top 8 Performance **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 3/27 AI 12 Top 8 Performance **West Coast Spoilers**

nothing Jerkier than Lazaro getting to tell Randy "don't worry about it Boo" thats when I knew it was time for him to go. Stuttering or not you don't call a Judge Boo
    RealVoyeur and Orchardgirl like this.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    nothing Jerkier than Lazaro getting to tell Randy "don't worry about it Boo" thats when I knew it was time for him to go. Stuttering or not you don't call a Judge Boo

I am not sure exactly what boo meant in this context.
    I have heard it as a term of affection maybe for a baby or a puppy ... or booing something with a negative meaning. Is this a problem with English not being Lazaro's first language? Also, that was said off camera, and maybe Ryan was telling him to be calm and take it easy and he was responding to Ryan?

I thought he said "no problem" .. and was boo-ing himself.
    The other possibility was calling Randy "Bro" which would have been inappropriate ... especially to a guy that calls everyone ... men and women dog!

By the way ... sorry to call Burnell a jerk. He's young, and maybe someone told him to stand up for himself. In truth, Nikki started and provoked it and Ryan encouraged and perpetuated it. They are the adults.
    I really just thought it was absolutely wrong. Even the judges were doing the "cut" sign and shaking their heads when Burnell started. Is he a budding Diva?
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

I just read in a magazine recap, that Burnell was obviously mocking Lazaro by stuttering the words. That is" I d-d-d don't want to throw .... etc." and that is why Nikki and the judges were telling/signalling them to cut it and not go there. Once again, shame on Burnell.
    cubsfan55 likes this.

Mohandas Gandhi

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    I just read in a magazine recap, that Burnell was obviously mocking Lazaro by stuttering the words. That is" I d-d-d don't want to throw .... etc." and that is why Nikki and the judges were telling/signalling them to cut it and not go there. Once again, shame on Burnell.
    That could have been the kiss of death for him

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    I believe you are mistaken. I think the judges only put through the TOP TEN (10) of each gender and America's votes pared 10 of each gender down to 5. I did not watch all of the auditions, but there must have been a reason they kept Lazaro in.

I believe Lazaro stuttered that WE didn't know all the words. I did notice that Devin seemed to be doing the most singing ... but with any stage performance with others... you subtly ad lib, feed lines, lyrics etc. in order to work together.

At least Lazaro was honest. I am starting to think that these guys are probably not happy with all the attention Lazaro gets. Either of them would love to be the last MAN standing ... so I believe that they wanted anyone but themselves to be under the bus!

I thought Burnell was particularly a jerk, and it was unprofessional to respond that way or at all.. Time for HIM to go sell ice cream Dev basically threw both of the other two under the bus. Shame on them.

The girls certainly didn't act that way.
    I blame the judges still for putting Lazaro in the top 10 guys (my bad) but they knew he's out of his league and only put him through knowing that he will be popular among the voting audience (garnering all pity votes ala blind guy Scott MacIntyre). Like I said, they have a lower standard in critiquing him. It's just so lame. This is not charity, this is a singing competition.

These guys do not have enough experience and maturity to be put on the spot when asked a sensitive question especially in an awkward situation like that so I give them a pass. Don't you think Lazaro was being a jerk for saying "WE" didin't know the words? What is this WE thing, Kimosabe? Clearly he's the only one who didn't know the words, and Devin tried to save his mess. Obviously, Lazaro was including the other two for his own screw-up, putting all of them under the bus. The two didn't deserve to be put on this situation because he can't memorize his lines. He should man up and have the cojones to own up to his mistake. If he said "I", I would have respected that and admire his character. His honesty is nothing if he just makes up excuses (same excuse he had before) which turns a lot of people off. The other two maybe should have just kept quiet but Ryan was asking them a question. What were they suppose to say if it was Lazaro's fault? Should they have told Ryan to ask Lazaro because they will not answer him? The judges were also not being fair by not calling out Lazaro, they obviously put him on a different standard. Instead they called out the entire performance which was bad because of Lazaro. Maybe they don't want him to cry again.

Week after week Lazaro uses the excuse that he just learned the song or the words. They are doing 1 song per week. What happens if he makes it to the part of the season where they have to do 2 or 3 songs? Talk about yur train wreck waiting to happen.
    MsDiva2007 likes this.

[QUOTE=jammyjoe;4627833]Lazaro is out of his league. It's the judges' fault that they chose him for the top 5 guys when there were far better singers than him in the top 10 guys. Also, the decision had to be unanimous to make the top 5 so it was ridiculous that Jimmy had to make the decision for the judges to put Paul Jolley in. I would understand if that was Lazaro but I think the judges didn't want to put Lazaro in that situation because I know Jimmy would not have put him through. So I blame Lazaro's inclusion among the finalist on the judges. Lazaro is karaoke at best./QUOTE]

The "judges" are casting a reality show, not looking for the top 10 best singers. That's been obvious from the beginning. I had hopes they were getting less obvious about it the past two season, but this season is maybe right up there with the worst. The problem is they pick these young kids are in over their heads anyway and then throw them under the bus for the sake of ratings and to get the fans "talking." They seed the top 10 with 2 or 3 that they want to win, and then hope for the best. I don't think it always works out the way they plan (see Taylor Hicks), but they keep trying.

The sad thing is, I really think most people would be happier with a top 10 truly talented group and then let the chips fall where they may. I'm sick of all the drama, manufactured or otherwise, and I'm probably through with the show. I couldn't even finish watching it last night I was so bored. I have started muting the judges (all of them, not just Mariah anymore), or flipping the channel. I will say again, two hours is too long and four judges who don't know how to keep it concise are too many. It's sad because I used to love this show so much I couldn't wait for the nights it was on. Now, If anything else even remotely interesting was on in the same time slot, I wouldn't even both at all.

I do like Janelle, she's worth tuning in for. The others, not so much.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    [QUOTE

I would rather listen to Lazaro than either Burnell or Devin.
    I like Lazaro but he is starting to take advantage of the sympathy he is getting from people. He clearly forgot words yet again. In the trio he was the worse by far again with words and forgetting the moves. We are too far along in the competiton for this to be an issue. Lazaro is clearly not in league with the others and not ready for this yet. time for him to go![/QUOTE]

As for forgetting lyrics, Lazaro is not the first nor the last singer to do that. Even Casey Abrams botched a line in his Beatles song last Thursday. Nobody even mentioned that one.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

Quote Originally Posted by jammyjoe View Post
    I blame the judges still for putting Lazaro in the top 10 guys (my bad) but they knew he's out of his league and only put him through knowing that he will be popular among the voting audience (garnering all pity votes ala blind guy Scott MacIntyre). Like I said, they have a lower standard in critiquing him. It's just so lame. This is not charity, this is a singing competition.
    His rendition of Bridge over troubled Water for his initial audition was pretty good.

These guys do not have enough experience and maturity to be put on the spot when asked a sensitive question especially in an awkward situation like that so I give them a pass.
    See my previous post. a RealityTV magazine is reporting that Burnell was mocking Lazaro, by answering the question with a mock stutter. So I will NOT give him a pass. It has nothing to do with maturity. It is just unkind.

Don't you think Lazaro was being a jerk for saying "WE" didin't know the words? What is this WE thing, Kimosabe? Clearly he's the only one who didn't know the words, and Devin tried to save his mess. Obviously, Lazaro was including the other two for his own screw-up, putting all of them under the bus.
    There should be no individual blame here. It was a group performance and Lazaro was rightfully defending the entire group.

The two didn't deserve to be put on this situation because he can't memorize his lines. He should man up and have the cojones to own up to his mistake. If he said "I", I would have respected that and admire his character. His honesty is nothing if he just makes up excuses (same excuse he had before) which turns a lot of people off. The other two maybe should have just kept quiet but Ryan was asking them a question. What were they suppose to say if it was Lazaro's fault? Should they have told Ryan to ask Lazaro because they will not answer him? The judges were also not being fair by not calling out Lazaro, they obviously put him on a different standard. Instead they called out the entire performance which was bad because of Lazaro. Maybe they don't want him to cry again.
    Nikki did indeed tell Lazaro that he was "flat as a pancake" ( we know she prefers waffles ... and said nothing individually to the other two.

Again ... it was never clear to me that it was all Lazaro's fault. It almost looked like Devin took over because someone didn't come in with their part fast enough. Devin turned and said something privately to Lazaro after, which leads me to believe that this rescue was something that was pre-arranged. Maybe Devin knew the song and agreed to jump in if anyone got lost? Maybe Devin or Burnell took the wrong part and that's what Lazaro meant by "WE" ... so NO .... I do not think Lazaro did anything wrong. I think he was just trying to "belong" .
    Last edited by echo226; 03-28-2013 at 04:26 PM.

Mohandas Gandhi

FORT Fogey

Recently, Nicki has been critisized for her comments on their appearance. Well, her detractors are wrong. There are many with good voices but to be a star your physical appearance does matter. You don't have to be beautiful but it helps. If you are not then get a dynamite style and wow them!

I feel certain that Devin would not be in danger this week if not for his hair color, style and dress. He has a great voice. He does not radiate star or hip, arty or unique. Ellioit Yamin, Taylor Hicks...........sure they did well on AI but failed to capture the big money or even make a splash. Some will come forward to tell the tale of their success but I for one of many never hear of them. Probably better than before AI but

It is not shallow to see that appearance matters a lot in the entertainment industry. Ceelo is a glaring example. If he wore jeans and a t-shirt where would he be now?
    Last edited by Shoepie; 03-28-2013 at 06:27 PM.

+ Reply to Thread