+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Like Tree49Likes

Thread: 3/27 AI 12 Top 8 Performance **West Coast Spoilers**

To the Point

Re: 3/27 AI 12 Top 8 Performance **West Coast Spoilers**

I thought all three of the guys seemed tentative and unsure. Burrell didn't endear himself to me when he was so quick to say he did what he was suppose to. I get it, it's a competition, but he would have been better served to just stand quietly. Sometimes you just need to nod and smile.

Love, love Kree! She has that natural bluesy quality that is so cool.

Mariah just needs to stop tonight. I have found that I like her better when she is silent.

Meant to say this in an earlier post....Angie looked like she was singing in a lounge or something. There was way too much gesticulating with her hands and such. Kind of felt that she was over acting to try to inject emotion and it just didn't work at all.
    Last edited by NCLurker; 03-27-2013 at 10:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by xmaskat View Post
    Yuck. Why were the judges all raving over Burnell's song tonight? I thought he sounded bad.
    Are they trying to get people to vote for guys not named Lazoro?
    Well While Burnel and Devin's were not the best, they were good, Lazero is just not in anyone in the top 10 league...
    RealVoyeur likes this.
    I'll get you my pretty, and your little dog too...

Well here's what I think it SHOULD be:

1. Amber
    TIE: 2. 3. 4. Kree, Janelle, Candace
    5. Burnell
    6. Devin
    7. Angie
    8. Lazero

BUT of course it wont go that way, Lazero will get his pity votes and be in the top 3 again, Angie who I think is great but was not great tonight her past performances will get her over, Devin who was in the middle, Amber who was the best and Burnel will be in the bottom 3 and Burnel will go home when Lazero should have went last week and should go this week.

Quote Originally Posted by TeacherLady View Post
    Lazaro needs to go, but I fear it will be Burnell, who is I think miles better. My opinion is that Devin will be safe.
    I agree with you, bottom 3 SHOULD be
    6. Devin
    7. Angie
    8. Lazero

BUT it will probably be

Amber
    Devin
    Burnel
    and Burnel going home which would be a injustice...

Amber was one of the best with Kree, Janelle and Candace
    Devin and Burnel were in the middle
    Angie seemed like she was drinking what Mariah was drinking, and Laz just needs to go...

FORT Fogey

I disagree about the male solos: I thought Devin was awful with his choice of weird beat, which made "ToMT" sing-songy at points; Burnell's voice cracked at least twice; and Lazaro was, to quote NM, "good," and attempted a full performance (did no-one but me like the mic-snap? :-) ).

The trio effort should not count towards or against anything.

We'll say "Adios, muchacho!" to Devin.

Last edited by WinkyD; 03-27-2013 at 10:47 PM.

I thought it was a top 2 toss-up between ... Janelle & Kree ... but if I had to rank them, I give Janelle the edge.

Now don't tell me to clean my ears out ... but ranking from best to worst: Candice, Lazaro, Angie, Burnell, Amber, Devin

This is how I ranked them during the show ... and when they did the recap ... a few of them (like Candice ) dropped in my ranking.

I have to really think about this before I do my predictions ... because I really think Lazaro redeemed himself tonight.

I am tired of the Amber gushing. Maybe SHE will get the "pity" votes tonight? I think Candice and Angie swallowed Amber in the trio.

I am a little worried about Angie. She really chose the wrong song, and fell flat personality-wise in response to the critique. He hair is looking better though.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by WinkyD View Post
    To my ear, Burnell missed some, also.

NOT TO MENTION that Kree did, earlier.

But Lazaro has to STOP with the "I just learned the words" excuses. They are irritating, not endearing. I think he concentrated on his solo and gave about five minutes to the trio.
    That said, all three guys should have kept their mouths shut and taken the criticism stoically.

Laz ain't catchin' a break, not from the judges, not from his peers. Some friendships are going by the by tonight, on a crowded bus.
    I don't know if Lazaro screwed up the lyrics or the camera just went to him when it was someone else's turn!

Also ... what Lazaro said was "none of us knew the words" and they all agreed with him.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

To the Point

Those three guys should have all just kept their mouths shut. I know Ryan asked them to respond, but this was a case where it didn't play well...

I am no Lazaro fan, but this makes wayyyy too many times he has used the excuse" I didn't know the song". I believe it was last week that Jimmy shared that all the contestants have a week to learn the words. What is he going to do when they have to sing two solo songs + group numbers during the show?
    RealVoyeur and Shoepie like this.

Lazaro forgot his words. Devin tried his best to fill in as he said. And Burnell wanted to say that it was Lazaro's fault but he didn't want to throw Him under the bus. Everyone knew that Laz screwed up and threw everyone off as a result.
    RealVoyeur likes this.

+ Reply to Thread