+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: 3/21 AI 12 Top 9 RESULTS **West Coast Spoilers**

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

Re: 3/21 AI 12 Top 9 RESULTS **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by RealVoyeur View Post
    So Lazaro has the worst vocal 2 weeks in a row, and his sympathy voters not only keep him in the competition but out of the bottom 3 altogether for both weeks???

I'm glad Jimmy cleared things up because Laz made it sound that he didn't even start learning the song until the night before. Honestly he really needs to stop with the excuses and just suck it up, I really don't believe in all the conspiracies that they "want him out", he has the same opportunities there as a contestant that all the others do...
    Sympathy voters are strong voters, unfortunately. I hate sob stories, and especially when they outlast better talent.
    Shoepie likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    Jimmy was way too harsh and did say Lazaro might have been "confused", but I tend to agree with you. I think it took him until Tuesday to get the song and the arrangement committed and ready in time for rehearsal. I further think that he chose a song and someone encouraged him strongly to change. He did a fine job on "got to get you into my life" ... and I wonder if that wasn't the song he chose and he had to change because they wanted it for the boys group sing.

I think Jimmy ought to apologize to him publicly ... I really do.
    Sounds to me like you are accusing Jimmy of lying? It has been the policy of the show since the beginning that they do not choose songs for these kids. I think Jimmy was telling the truth & has no reason to apologize whatsoever.
    Shoepie likes this.

Lazanjaya is going to work his way through this lineup one by one & get pilloried by the viewing public, the judges & Jimmy until the voting public finally wake up & boot his butt to the curb. He was not only the worst this week, but the worst by leaps & bounds & he made excuses for his awfulness that evidently didn't hold water. It seemed pretty obvious to me, that Paul would be the one on the outs, but at least he gets to do the tour & that is some consolation & $$$. Next up for exit....Devin, Amber & Burnell, as Lazanjaya cries his way to the top.

To the Point

I think that Jimmy probably told the truth in that he had the song longer than Lazaro had indicated, but I also think there was more to the story that what he told. While Jimmy was truthful about that point, I suspect the whole of the story was somewhere between the two. We all know that there is garbage that happens w/contestants &/or songs for which we are given a sanitized explanation or no explanation whatsoever. All that being said, I think Laz is most likely a really sweet guy, but I do think it is unfortunate that his speech issue has others going before him. I don't think Jimmy helped the situation by being so harsh either. People who are likely to vote emotionally will be prodded to be more diligent in doing so by the tone with which he made his points.

People can get angry about/at Lazaro, but they should be directing that anger at the judges/producers, etc.. They put him through knowing that they wanted him for the story. I think Laz has talent, I just don't think it measures up to the others...his comfort zone is very narrow. TPTB, however, were looking to fill a specific hole in their cast.
    Last edited by NCLurker; 03-22-2013 at 07:08 AM.

FORT Fogey

I like the changes in format; we see more of Jimmy and the results were given swiftly.

Of course Lazaro worked on his song as long as the others. Last week we saw the clip of him with Jimmy in the early stages of working it out like all the others. Lazaro cannot express himself well and is very nervous when having to speak. I chalk what he said up to not being able to fully say what he meant.

Amber is my favorite and I was shocked to see her in the bottom 3. That said, the judges criticized her and raved about the other women so it makes sense. Viewers are swayed by their comments. Kudos to Jimmy scolding the judges for giving too much praise and not enough constructive feedback. I hope they listened.

I wonder if the judges regret putting Lazaro through. It may have been producer motivated. Early on he voiced that he is not familiar with American music.

If they continue to push Candice down our throats she may be in the bottom three in a few weeks. Early success usually doesn't bode well for the singer.

FORT Fogey

I want to add to my post above. If Lazaro had the gift of gap I believe he would have said, I just connected with the song last night and may have elaborated further on why.

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    Lazanjaya is going to work his way through this lineup one by one & get pilloried by the viewing public, the judges & Jimmy until the voting public finally wake up & boot his butt to the curb. He was not only the worst this week, but the worst by leaps & bounds & he made excuses for his awfulness that evidently didn't hold water. It seemed pretty obvious to me, that Paul would be the one on the outs, but at least he gets to do the tour & that is some consolation & $$$. Next up for exit....Devin, Amber & Burnell, as Lazanjaya cries his way to the top.
    This is typical of just about every season of Idol, where one person - through no fault of theirs - gets lambasted for "sticking around too long." People vote for who they vote for, whatever the reason. For what it's worth, I don't think he's had the worst performance either week, but it's very subjective.
    echo226 likes this.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

Quote Originally Posted by Maybaybie View Post
    I think I finally figured out why this season seems so boring to me and it struck me after seeing Casey Abrams sing. We have no risk-takers, no oddballs, no 'I'm going to make it my own' singers. I'm not talking about having BAD singers on for entertainment value, but just people like Adam Lambert, David Cook, and even Beatboxer from Jordin Spark's season. He made it to final 2, and although he wasn't my favorite, he was different and he took risks. This season everyone is so safe and boring. Let's change it up, people....I'm quickly learning that nap time might be Wednesday from 8-10...
    I've been saying that all along. There's no diversity and no variety. All we have are a group of people who, while talented, stick to the ballads they feel comfortable with. Coupled with the judges blathering on way too long, the endless commercials, and the 2 hour show (for nine singers!) and it becomes excrutiating.

Speaking of Casey, I LOVED this performance! That is the way to change up a familiar song.
    Maybaybie likes this.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    I like the changes in format; we see more of Jimmy and the results were given swiftly.

Of course Lazaro worked on his song as long as the others. Last week we saw the clip of him with Jimmy in the early stages of working it out like all the others. Lazaro cannot express himself well and is very nervous when having to speak. I chalk what he said up to not being able to fully say what he meant.

Amber is my favorite and I was shocked to see her in the bottom 3. That said, the judges criticized her and raved about the other women so it makes sense. Viewers are swayed by their comments. Kudos to Jimmy scolding the judges for giving too much praise and not enough constructive feedback. I hope they listened.

I wonder if the judges regret putting Lazaro through. It may have been producer motivated. Early on he voiced that he is not familiar with American music.

If they continue to push Candice down our throats she may be in the bottom three in a few weeks. Early success usually doesn't bode well for the singer.
    My first reaction after watching Jimmy was that he complained in front of the producers about both Lazaro's comments and the judges' critiquing. In return, they more or less had the attitude, "You think you can do better? That might make for an interesting variation. While you are at it, you can defend your position against Lazaro and explain song selection as well."
    Immediately, Jimmy seemed to have almost an angry attitude as evidenced by his not very well veiled threat to the sound guy. ( I personally was not impressed by that little scenario.)

I have watched AI, DWTS, and The Bachelor for years and have been on message boards both on the FORT and private long enough to ever underestimate the influence the producers have on who stays, who goes, and what kinds of things happen. There are all kinds of articles reporting on reality ty shows that now indicate this information.

Lazaro is controversial, and he is good for "water cooler" talk. Chatter is good for business. It keeps people tuned in and watching.
    While my heart goes out to this young man because I don't think he is cut out for this, I personally don't think the producers are in that big of a hurry for him to leave. They know he isn't going to win it all, and neither are several others, so maybe Lazaro can stay a while.

Sometimes, I think on shows where the viewers vote, harsh remarks have an opposite effect, though, and they can and do often times cause people to vote for the person they felt was "picked" on. This used to happen with Simon - much to his consternation. After a scathing review, he would tell a contestant that he thought that contestant was going home, and we would see the contestant not even end up in the bottom 3, very much like Lazaro.
    Shoepie and echo226 like this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers View Post
    My first reaction after watching Jimmy was that he complained in front of the producers about both Lazaro's comments and the judges' critiquing. In return, they more or less had the attitude, "You think you can do better? That might make for an interesting variation. While you are at it, you can defend your position against Lazaro and explain song selection as well."
    Immediately, Jimmy seemed to have almost an angry attitude as evidenced by his not very well veiled threat to the sound guy. ( I personally was not impressed by that little scenario.)

I have watched AI, DWTS, and The Bachelor for years and have been on message boards both on the FORT and private long enough to ever underestimate the influence the producers have on who stays, who goes, and what kinds of things happen. There are all kinds of articles reporting on reality ty shows that now indicate this information.

Lazaro is controversial, and he is good for "water cooler" talk. Chatter is good for business. It keeps people tuned in and watching.
    While my heart goes out to this young man because I don't think he is cut out for this, I personally don't think the producers are in that big of a hurry for him to leave. They know he isn't going to win it all, and neither are several others, so maybe Lazaro can stay a while.

Sometimes, I think on shows where the viewers vote, harsh remarks have an opposite effect, though, and they can and do often times cause people to vote for the person they felt was "picked" on. This used to happen with Simon - much to his consternation. After a scathing review, he would tell a contestant that he thought that contestant was going home, and we would see the contestant not even end up in the bottom 3, very much like Lazaro.
    Do you really think they change the numbers of viewer voting to steer who they want to see stay or go? I don't think they go this far. Reason being that those who vote will most likely buy their records and that benefits them as well. To push someone ahead of a money maker doesn't seem logical. I do think it possible production asked to have Lazarus go through.

I am always skeptical of production involvement in any reality TV. Those without any monetary gain or prize are manipulated to the hilt. When a prize is involved, it is different. A recording contract, I think a million, is involved here so they are probably on the up and up with viewer votes. Too many people are privy to behind the sceens action and could easily blow the whistle to the FCC or what ever govering board.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast