+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: 3/13 AI 12 Top 10 Perfomance Round **West Coast Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: 3/13 AI 12 Top 10 Perfomance Round **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by cubsfan55 View Post
    THAT is a totally fair assessment and post, yourefired.
    I don't think people should jump on his AI bandwagon just because of his story -- at all! He should be judged on his SINGING voice, not speaking.

Thanks for sharing your perspective.
    I don't think much voting has been done strictly on the singing voice on these shows. People vote for the whole package and his disability is part of his package
    NCLurker likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much View Post
    I don't think much voting has been done strictly on the singing voice on these shows. People vote for the whole package and his disability is part of his package
    Truer words, ibot2much, truer words...
    I know the HOT factor is a really a huge force in determining who the winner is.
    Impossible things are being done every day.

Truer words, ibot2much, truer words...
    I know the HOT factor is a really a huge force in determining who the winner is.
    I don't think hot so much, as who has the most charisma, or whatever you would call it. I wouldn't call many of the previous winners "hot" (David Cook expected), but they had a certain something about them that was appealing.
    If you have men who will exclude any of God's creatures from the shelter of compassion and pity you will have men who will deal likewise with their fellow men. - St. Francis of Assisi

Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723 View Post
    I don't think hot so much, as who has the most charisma, or whatever you would call it. I wouldn't call many of the previous winners "hot" (David Cook expected), but they had a certain something about them that was appealing.
    Or maybe HOT is in the eye of the beholder...but Ruben, Taylor, Lee, Scotty or Phillip were not hot to me, but to others they might be. But, I will agree about David, don't know if I would call him hot, but he did have a sexy vibe to him.

But, then again, most of the male past winners haven't really appealled to me. I have definitely liked the female winners more. David Cook is the only past male winner I have downloaded songs from.

When I said, HOT (male or female), it was aimed more at the teenage girls. You know, the ones screaming and voting.
    Last edited by cubsfan55; 03-16-2013 at 12:01 AM.
    Impossible things are being done every day.

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much View Post
    Yes this is very true, and Lazaro has been showing off quite a big package!

When I said, HOT (male or female), it was aimed more at the teenage girls. You know, the ones screaming and voting.
    I wonder if teenage girls are still the ones who do the most voting? I think I've heard that the viewers and voters have gotten older as the show has gone on. It's hard for me to imagine teenage girls voting for some of the winners we've had on this show. Seems like they are the ones who appeal to more "mature" people, such as myself

Quote Originally Posted by crzndeb View Post
    Or maybe HOT is in the eye of the beholder...but Ruben, Taylor, Lee, Scotty or Phillip were not hot to me, but to others they might be. But, I will agree about David, don't know if I would call him hot, but he did have a sexy vibe to him.

But, then again, most of the male past winners haven't really appealled to me. I have definitely liked the female winners more. David Cook is the only past male winner I have downloaded songs from.
    In my opinion, David was very "hot" when he was singing, and kind of nondescript when he was just standing or sitting around on the stage. And that's also what I meant about people with the most charisma while performing are the ones who tend to win most of the time. That's why - I can't even remember her name now - got so much criticism for standing in one spot singing ballads week after week. Now we have a whole show of people who do that very thing, and are being praised to the sky. And they are all boring the heck out of me.

I'm still listening to David's peformances from the show, and some of Scotty's recordings. The only female winner I have any downloads of is Carrie.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 03-16-2013 at 12:35 PM.
    If you have men who will exclude any of God's creatures from the shelter of compassion and pity you will have men who will deal likewise with their fellow men. - St. Francis of Assisi

Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723 View Post
    In my opinion, David was very "hot" when he was singing, and kind of nondescript when he was just standing or sitting around on the stage. And that's also what I meant about people with the most charisma while performing are the ones who tend to win most of the time. That's why - I can't even remember her name now - got so much criticism for standing in one spot singing ballads week after week. Now we have a whole show of people who do that very thing, and are being praised to the sky. And they are all boring the heck out of me.

I'm still listening to David's performances from the show, and some of Scotty's recordings. The only female winner I have any downloads of is Carrie.
    I thought David was hot, but then I thought/think Adam Lambert is hot . Its all about charisma and connecting with the viewers, as well as having talent.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Exactly! Where is the performance this season?
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Maybe they did away with that. They appear on stage -they sing- they leave. That is thats all folks .

It's all about the judges, way more remarks about them, than the singers
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread