+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 103
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: 3/13 AI 12 Top 10 Perfomance Round **West Coast Spoilers**

  1. #71
    Reality Junkie jsciv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    The OC
    Posts
    1,450

    Re: 3/13 AI 12 Top 10 Perfomance Round **West Coast Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by Tigerusty View Post
    I'm 100% with you there Razor.
    Well, if nothing else the chatter about I Believe has made me re-listen to both Fantasia and Diana singing it... Curtis, what WERE you thinking? Those ladies killed it!

  2. #72
    FORT Fogey Debb70's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    11,143

    Re: 3/13 AI 12 Top 10 Perfomance Round **West Coast Spoilers**

    I think Janelle is okay, but I think her looks may take her further than she would go on her voice.

  3. #73
    Bam!Bam! YellowRose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Bedrock
    Posts
    533

    Re: 3/13 AI 12 Top 10 Perfomance Round **West Coast Spoilers**

    The only singer to make me say WOW was Candice, otherwise it was an extremely evening. And the judges...at first they were spot on, than I am not sure what they were hearing. Maybe Paula left her sippy cup from years ago and the vodka aged and got more potent.

  4. #74
    Bam!Bam! YellowRose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Bedrock
    Posts
    533

    Re: 3/13 AI 12 Top 10 Perfomance Round **West Coast Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by Jexter View Post
    I was always bored by Carrie U's performances. Beautiful voice but no soul, no emotion, no character. Just boring (but damn pretty!). I think she has gotten better over the years, but IMO, there stil isn't any genuine emotion and I can't enjoy her music as a result.
    I think she is much better now than she was back in her Idol days. In her Idol days, as I remember she was critiqued on the emotional part alot. Her voice was great, but she would just stand there and sing. Dh and I had many an argument over her vs Bo. I am glad she has done so well.

  5. #75
    Reality Junkie jsciv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    The OC
    Posts
    1,450

    Re: 3/13 AI 12 Top 10 Perfomance Round **West Coast Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by YellowRose View Post
    I think she is much better now than she was back in her Idol days. In her Idol days, as I remember she was critiqued on the emotional part alot. Her voice was great, but she would just stand there and sing. Dh and I had many an argument over her vs Bo. I am glad she has done so well.
    Ahh, the days of the Carriebot...

  6. #76
    Here's to NEXT YEAR! cubsfan55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    642

    Re: 3/13 AI 12 Top 10 Perfomance Round **West Coast Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by xmaskat View Post
    That was cruel of them to make Lazaro talk .
    Lazaro is safe as can be no matter how mediocre his performance was.
    Having Laz speak is not cruel. His stuttering is a part of who he is.
    Just because his flawed speech makes so many on this board uncomfortable, Laz should be allowed to answer questions.
    Last edited by cubsfan55; 03-14-2013 at 09:17 PM.
    Lil Bit and Hyper like this.
    Impossible things are being done every day.

  7. #77
    FORT Fogey TeacherLady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Out in the boonies of NC
    Posts
    1,311

    Re: 3/13 AI 12 Top 10 Perfomance Round **West Coast Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    jsciv,

    I thought I was the only one that got a kick out of the waffle analogy. I think Nikki is a breath of fresh air & I am glad she is there.
    Me, too. I was all prepared to hate her, but I find I am enjoying Nicki's off-the-wallness. And she's a good judge. Puts some thought into it, and actually criticizes.

  8. #78
    He activates my yummy!!!! yourefired's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    In front of my TIVO
    Posts
    2,094

    Re: 3/13 AI 12 Top 10 Perfomance Round **West Coast Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by cubsfan55 View Post
    Having Laz speak is not cruel. His stuttering is a part of who he is.
    Just because his flawed speech makes so many on this board uncomfortable, Laz should be allowed to answer questions.
    I think the point is others were not asked questions so it was like he was singled out to highlight his disability. I,, however, am not so firmly on the Laz train so I think if you're going to brand yourself based on your disability then you can expect people to focus on it. I think his stuttering story has been the big showcase this season and quite honestly I'm tired of it already. I have to wonder if the judges were making him talk to give us another reminder of how amazing it is that he can sing like that when he talks like that. While I agree that it is amazing, I'm still not on board with it.
    Geisha Ninja Sparkle Dance
    Twirling Ninja Sparkle Dance

  9. #79
    Here's to NEXT YEAR! cubsfan55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    642

    Re: 3/13 AI 12 Top 10 Perfomance Round **West Coast Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by yourefired View Post
    I think the point is others were not asked questions so it was like he was singled out to highlight his disability. I,, however, am not so firmly on the Laz train so I think if you're going to brand yourself based on your disability then you can expect people to focus on it. I think his stuttering story has been the big showcase this season and quite honestly I'm tired of it already. I have to wonder if the judges were making him talk to give us another reminder of how amazing it is that he can sing like that when he talks like that. While I agree that it is amazing, I'm still not on board with it.
    THAT is a totally fair assessment and post, yourefired.
    I don't think people should jump on his AI bandwagon just because of his story -- at all! He should be judged on his SINGING voice, not speaking.

    Thanks for sharing your perspective.
    Impossible things are being done every day.

  10. #80
    To the Point
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    2,671

    Re: 3/13 AI 12 Top 10 Perfomance Round **West Coast Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by yourefired View Post
    I think the point is others were not asked questions so it was like he was singled out to highlight his disability. I,, however, am not so firmly on the Laz train so I think if you're going to brand yourself based on your disability then you can expect people to focus on it. I think his stuttering story has been the big showcase this season and quite honestly I'm tired of it already. I have to wonder if the judges were making him talk to give us another reminder of how amazing it is that he can sing like that when he talks like that. While I agree that it is amazing, I'm still not on board with it.
    I understand you being tired of it, but every single time he speaks it is right there. He cannot help it. I'm sure he would prefer to not have this issue. I am sure he didn't say "Let's make this my story", it just was. The only reason I am tired of it is because it makes me incredibly sad for him on so many levels and I do feel that AI does use these stories for their own purposes and it does not always bode well for those at the center of said stories. I do not blame Lazaro and I pray that he is not hurt in this process. As I've said before, I just want his life to be better for having been apart of this animal. Production is responsible for the over playing of his story, not Lazaro. Let me add, I do not think he is the best and he wouldn't get my vote. Of course, at this point no one has gotten my vote.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.