+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: 3/13 AI 12 Top 10 Perfomance Round **West Coast Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: 3/13 AI 12 Top 10 Perfomance Round **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by ilja View Post
    To me watching the talent or mostly lack thereof demonstrates just how much better the past seasons' judges really were.

While I suspect some of the worst boys were chosen just so a female could finally win, that is still no excuse for this level of incompetency.
    Oh, I don't know.

I think that there can only be so many singing shows and so many contestants. It's hard for anyone to stand out much anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter View Post
    Oh, I don't know.

I think that there can only be so many singing shows and so many contestants. It's hard for anyone to stand out much anymore.
    I think The Voice has a great following, I am not sure anyone can beat that show .AI was must see for me, I loved it. Now , I don't know what's missing. I tried The Voice, and the judges I didn't care for are not in this season.Maybe I will give it another try. I wasn't bowled over by any of the talent on that show, the X factor or AI last season
    Debb70 likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

They finally have the portraits up at the AI website so each contestant thread now has a photo to go with the tagline.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

To the Point

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    I have to believe you would have gotten even money or worse in Las Vegas odd for Curtis singing Fantasia. I have always thought Diana sang that song better than Fantasia did, but the judges that year were so intent of shoving her down our throats that no matter what she did it was the best thing ever. Summertime, still the most over rated performance in Idol history.

I think Janell killed herself last night when she told Jimmy that country music has gotten to watered down. I just betcha Keith's jaws clenched on that one.

I have to disagree. I have been to 25 - 30 of Carrie's concerts & every time she sings this song it stops the show & she is on the verge of tears every time as well. It's a great son poorly executed by Devin. Just as a bit of inside knowledge, Carrie's husband Mike had given Carrie the book A Purpose Drive Life, she read the book & was thinking about it in the shower one morning when the story came to her all of a sudden. By the time the shower was over the song was formed. Why doesn't that stuff happen to me?

It may indeed have been cruel, but anyone that wins this show is going to be paced with the press & the rounds of the late night talk shows & it is going to be awfully tough on him. I truly felt bad for him last night. I think they will all think twice before asking him to explain himself again, that was excruciating.

Totally agree about Curtis and Fantasia.

Also agree about Lazaro. I think he is probably a genuinely sweet guy. I base that assessment on the fact that all the other contestants throughout this process have seemed to very strongly support him in a very big way. This mama really worries about his having to talk and the struggle he has with that becoming just too much for him. I want him to emerge from this experience stronger, more confident and with opportunities he would not have had prior to this show. I want his life to be better. He isn't the best of the best when it comes to singing, but the kid has talent, heart and a desire to succeed at this. I want a better life for him. You'd think he was mine.
    ilja and sparklete like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    You all know I'm a huge Scotty fan and to hear two of his Idol performance songs not necessarily butchered, but sung by lesser singers (Paul) just made me cry. And even though she bounced around the stage, Janelle just didn't produce the same feeling of energy in her performance.
    I was not a fan of Scotty's performance of Amazed. I don't think Paul did it particularly better, but the song fit Paul's voice better than it did Scotty's, so it was kind of a wash for me in that regard. But the thing that struck me the most about Paul's performance was that the in-studio audience showed no visible reaction during the song at all. The mosh pit didn't sway or reach, and the wide shots showed people still in their seats. I think he connected with the camera pretty well, but I'm not sure he connected with people at all.

But I'm right there with you on Gone. Scotty's performace of that was one of the things that made people sit up and notice the boy. If that's what Janelle was hoping I don't think she quite got there. She was far from the bottom of the pack, but she didn't rise out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by DezBelle View Post
    While nikki is really starting to get on my nerves, in her defense if shes stuck in traffic shes stuck in traffic, it happened last season to J. Lo, and now that they are in the top 10, they dont style themselves anymore....yes it was an ugly jacket..(my wife liked it..whatever that ish was ugly)
    It happened earlier this season to Mariah when the auditions were in Long Beach

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I think The Voice has a great following, I am not sure anyone can beat that show .AI was must see for me, I loved it. Now , I don't know what's missing. I tried The Voice, and the judges I didn't care for are not in this season.Maybe I will give it another try. I wasn't bowled over by any of the talent on that show, the X factor or AI last season
    The Voice has yet to produce a bona fide star & the X Factor has Cowell which is more than enough reason for me to tune out.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 03-14-2013 at 01:39 PM.

The Voice has yet to produce a bona fide star & the X Factor has Cowell which is more than enough reason for me to tune out.
    True but really anyone that's been a real winner from AI( for me) was years ago, and some of them came in second

I like Simon, that's why I tune into the X factor.The voices on The Voice were not that great, great big production with nothing to show .

AI does have low numbers, they had it right, now, not so much
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

BTW, something I meant to say before about the judges: though it was weird and out there, I actually enjoyed the whole buttermilk waffle tangent. I hope Nikki doesn't do that much of a tangent every week, but it was silly fun. But Keith.... man, the thing I love about Keith isn't that he starts every critique with "the think I love about you" or "what I love about you." I swear, if there were a drinking game based on him saying that you'd get drunker than on Randy saying "dawg"......

jsciv,

I thought I was the only one that got a kick out of the waffle analogy. I think Nikki is a breath of fresh air & I am glad she is there.

I have to believe you would have gotten even money or worse in Las Vegas odd for Curtis singing Fantasia. I have always thought Diana sang that song better than Fantasia did, but the judges that year were so intent of shoving her down our throats that no matter what she did it was the best thing ever.
    I'm 100% with you there Razor.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

+ Reply to Thread