+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: 3/13 AI 12 Top 10 Perfomance Round **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 3/13 AI 12 Top 10 Perfomance Round **West Coast Spoilers**

I have to say that I really liked the looks tonight too. I can't think of a single contestant who didn't look a notch above their past performances, even if the vocals weren't there. I find it weird that that's one of the things about the show this week that most impressed me, but it really was that much of a standout over previous top 10's...

As far as the singing, I think I mostly agree with you liedenfrost. Though I don't think that's the voting order (Lazaro has a couple of weeks in him from his story and I think Devin won't be near the top though I do think he's not going home either), the standouts were definitely your top 5. I'm wondering if we'll get an all-guy bottom three tomorrow...

Speaking of: dear readers, don't forget to join in the prediction game if you like. You can still join this week and not be behind, and now that you've seen the top 10 perform you might have an idea about who the bottom 3 are!

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    You all know I'm a huge Scotty fan and to hear two of his Idol performance songs not necessarily butchered, but sung by lesser singers (Paul) just made me cry. And even though she bounced around the stage, Janelle just didn't produce the same feeling of energy in her performance.
    I agree she wasn't up to Scotty's level, and it was weird hearing a girl sing that song. But at least it wasn't a ballad, and I love her for that!

I was bored. By the time Angie (Angela?) came on, I got up to feed the cats. When the judges started blathering on, or the endless commercials, I turned the channel. Didn't even bother watching the last singer. Some were better than others, all of them bored me to one degree or another. The judges have no noticable chemistry. Ryan has nothing to work with and seems like he's just phoning it in. Nikki is obnoxious. Two hours for 10 singers is way way way too long. I probably will not make it til the end of the season, for the first time since I started watching in season 2. Makes me kind of sad, like the end of an era. I see the Voice is starting up soon - I wonder how it will be with the new judges.
    ilja likes this.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

FORT Fogey

I don't know if it was the lack of her false eyelashes that made Nicki wear sunglasses, but she should not have done so. When I saw her with the hoodie and dark glasses, I thought she looked like the Unibomber
    NFL1 and ilja like this.

Quote Originally Posted by xmaskat View Post
    Ugh. I called it last week, Curtis would screetch a Fantasia song tonight.
    I am not a fan of Fantasia by any stretch of the imagination, but she sounded fantastic compared to Curtis. That was not good. Also, his jacket is hideous .
    I have to believe you would have gotten even money or worse in Las Vegas odd for Curtis singing Fantasia. I have always thought Diana sang that song better than Fantasia did, but the judges that year were so intent of shoving her down our throats that no matter what she did it was the best thing ever. Summertime, still the most over rated performance in Idol history.

Quote Originally Posted by TeacherLady View Post
    Agree with both. I'm not a Curtis fan at all. Unlike what Nicki just said, I liked Janelle singing an upbeat song better, and her stage presence and confidence have improved bunches.
    I think Janell killed herself last night when she told Jimmy that country music has gotten to watered down. I just betcha Keith's jaws clenched on that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    Nicki chawing on her gum... she's reallly pushing all my teacher buttons.
    Devin in a bad place in the line-up, singing an un-noteworthy song... he could be in trouble.
    I have to disagree. I have been to 25 - 30 of Carrie's concerts & every time she sings this song it stops the show & she is on the verge of tears every time as well. It's a great son poorly executed by Devin. Just as a bit of inside knowledge, Carrie's husband Mike had given Carrie the book A Purpose Drive Life, she read the book & was thinking about it in the shower one morning when the story came to her all of a sudden. By the time the shower was over the song was formed. Why doesn't that stuff happen to me?

Quote Originally Posted by xmaskat View Post
    That was cruel of them to make Lazaro talk .
    Lazaro is safe as can be no matter how mediocre his performance was.
    It may indeed have been cruel, but anyone that wins this show is going to be paced with the press & the rounds of the late night talk shows & it is going to be awfully tough on him. I truly felt bad for him last night. I think they will all think twice before asking him to explain himself again, that was excruciating.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 03-14-2013 at 12:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by liedenfrost
    ;4621398 Nicki liked it but I am worried a bit because the other three judges have a point: while this is a great song with a great storyline, I don’t know if it is a competition song, so it will be interesting to see how America feels about it. In my opinion, this was a beautiful, mellifluous performance of an equally beautiful song. I loved it! From my heart, thank you Devin Velez, for bringing this wonderful song to the Idol stage. That took courage.
    If those snooze worthy ballads are what is considered competition songs, I'll take something like Temporary Home any day. That song can make me cry, whereas all the range, runs, belting, etc. leaves me cold.

;8. Janelle Arthur. Compared to the others, she’s in over her head. She’s got wonderful stage presence but either has a very limited vocal range or has unlimited range and is afraid to use it.
    You don't need a huge vocal range to be a good singer or a good performer. The majority of my all time favorite singers did not have a great range, but I could listen to them all day. Whereas, I could never see the appeal of someone like Whitney Houston. It's just taste, I guess. I like Janelle, I love that she had the courage to not do another ballad, and I hope she sticks around a long time and continues with the upbeat songs.

;Nigel: wherever you are, Thank You; i love the show's new format!!
    I don't like it. The last two seasons were great, in my opinion. It seems like we are returning to the format of season 2, stand in one spot on the stage and try to outdo each other with glory notes. So we get to listen to a boring song, then listen to 4 boring judges try to critique it. I don't know how long I'll be watching, because I'm not entertained. Maybe if they switch it back to an hour. Even an hour and a half would help.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

I like Angie .I channel surf, and stop when I see her. I caught the end girl - Amber, nothing special there for me.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

While nikki is really starting to get on my nerves, in her defense if shes stuck in traffic shes stuck in traffic, it happened last season to J. Lo, and now that they are in the top 10, they dont style themselves anymore....yes it was an ugly jacket..(my wife liked it..whatever that ish was ugly)
    I'll get you my pretty, and your little dog too...

Amber does have a great voice, though she hasn't gained the experience to give a dynamite performance yet, IMO. That will come with time and age.

My favorites were Kree and Candace. I'm not wild about anyone else in the competition.

I try to turn out Nikki, but I wish someone would point out that some of her comments would be considered sexual harrassment in the music industry. They are cheap and degrading to the contestant, no matter how cute Nikki thinks they are. We don't need to know which singers turn her on sexually. It's so wrong. Why don't the producers deal with her?

Even though I like Mariah and Keith, I think overall the show is dreadful. If it can survive for another season, I will be shocked.
    ilja likes this.

1. Amber Holcomb
    2. Candace Glover
    3. Angie Miller
    4. Kree Harrison
    5. Burnell Taylor
    6. Janelle Arthur
    7. Paul Jolley
    8. Devin Velez
    9. Curtis Finch Jr
    10. Lazaro Arbos

I think they have one more season left in them but Nikki will be gone next season, with her gone maybe 2 or 3 more seasons....

+ Reply to Thread