+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: 3/13 AI 12 Top 10 Perfomance Round **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 3/13 AI 12 Top 10 Perfomance Round **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I thought David was hot, but then I thought/think Adam Lambert is hot . Its all about charisma and connecting with the viewers, as well as having talent.
    And believe it or not ... Taylor Hicks connected with the audience and performed on the show.

I saw the live/tour show here and his connection was not so much live. They were about to jump off the balcony for Chris Daughtry ... and were starting to exit before Taylor's number.

It's all about the judges, way more remarks about them, than the singers
    All of the judges talk way too much. Much ado about nothing.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    And believe it or not ... Taylor Hicks connected with the audience and performed on the show.

I saw the live/tour show here and his connection was not so much live. They were about to jump off the balcony for Chris Daughtry ... and were starting to exit before Taylor's number.

Chris was great! I haven't seen talent like I have in the past- on any of these shows .
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

My favorite for truly entertaining, "who knows what you're going to get, but you know it will be great" performances every week was Adam Lambert, followed by Crystal Bowersox.

Both undeservedly IMO came in second...

EDITED TO ADD:

Oh, yeah... And Clay Aiken, also second place.

Quote Originally Posted by TeacherLady View Post
    My favorite for truly entertaining, "who knows what you're going to get, but you know it will be great" performances every week was Adam Lambert, followed by Crystal Bowersox.

I agree 100%.I love that anticipation of 'what's to come.'
    TeacherLady likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by TeacherLady View Post

EDITED TO ADD:

Oh, yeah... And Clay Aiken, also second place.
    I feel exactly the same way. I always looked forward to whatever they sang and then listened over and over in the days after. I would add Elliot Yamin and Melinda Dolittle to those.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    I feel exactly the same way. I always looked forward to whatever they sang and then listened over and over in the days after. I would add Elliot Yamin and Melinda Dolittle to those.
    We agree, as usual.

I missed most of Elliot's season, but what I saw I liked. A lot.

I was a HUGE Melinda fan and was very disappointed when she went home third. Her version of "My Funny Valentine" was astounding. As good as Amber Holcomb is, she should have never attempted that song. Wasn't as good as Melinda's. I'm surprised Randy didn't mention that.
    Last edited by TeacherLady; 03-16-2013 at 08:37 PM.
    Cornholio likes this.

Randy didn't really compare any of the songs to the previous singers, did he? Wise choice to keep up the hype for this competition or because he was cringing on the inside like I was for the majority of the presentations?
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I saw the live/tour show here and his connection was not so much live. They were about to jump off the balcony for Chris Daughtry ... and were starting to exit before Taylor's number. .
    I think Taylor connected because he did entertain, and not just stand in the middle of the stage and sing like most of them. It was after his season, wasn't it, that they got more into actually entertaining and encouraged to do so. This season has swung back around to sanding in one spot and singing. Nothing wrong with that, but sometimes it is more fun to watch is they're animated.

This is the first season that I've actually changed the channel when the judges start. For awhile it was mute it when Mariah Carey started talking, now it's progressed to I don't care what any of them have to say.
    If you have men who will exclude any of God's creatures from the shelter of compassion and pity you will have men who will deal likewise with their fellow men. - St. Francis of Assisi

Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723 View Post
    I think Taylor connected because he did entertain, and not just stand in the middle of the stage and sing like most of them. It was after his season, wasn't it, that they got more into actually entertaining and encouraged to do so. This season has swung back around to sanding in one spot and singing. Nothing wrong with that, but sometimes it is more fun to watch is they're animated.

This is the first season that I've actually changed the channel when the judges start. For awhile it was mute it when Mariah Carey started talking, now it's progressed to I don't care what any of them have to say.
    Perhaps I'm the only one, but I am enjoying the judges this year. I think they are mostly spot on with their comments.

To the Point

razorbacker, I enjoy Keith for the most part, Nikki when she cuts the crap that, in any other context, is sexual harassment and random craziness. Although some of the random craziness can be funny, there needs to be much less of it. Randy is Randy. I would miss him if he wasn't there. Mariah is just BORING. She has such an affected way about her when she speaks that I find it painful. I do think that if you were to cut and paste the relevant comments they would be greater in number than they have been in a good number of seasons, it's just sometimes difficult to cut through all the other stuff.
    Fanny Mare likes this.

+ Reply to Thread