+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Candice Glover AI 12

Re: Candice Glover AI 12

I picked her as the winner, though I didn't play predictions on this boards, from the beginning. Her vocals really won out this time.

I realize others may not agree, but I thought she sounded much better than Jennifer Hudson in that duet. By far.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post

I realize others may not agree, but I thought she sounded much better than Jennifer Hudson in that duet. By far.
    Haven't watched the show all season but I have heard several of Candice's vocals on youtube from this season. The girl can seriously sing and I was hoping she'd win. I didn't watch the finale last night, either, but I don't find your opinion hard to swallow. I never could understand the big hullabaloo about Jennifer Hudson's voice. I'm sure she is a lovely person, but her singing leaves me cold. I will have to say she was very good in Dreamgirls with that big I'm Not Telling You number, but any other time I have heard her sing , either on AI, or TV performances, I've thought she was just awful. JMHO

CONGRATS TO CANDICE AND BEST OF LUCK!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I agree with you, and I was a Jennifer Hudson fan back in her season, and for Dreamgirls. But Candice has her beat!

Jennifer and Candice ...

I thought their duet was very poor ...

a chorus of caterwauling.
    NCLurker and Misty8723 like this.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

But...Candice and Kree - sublime.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I love the sound of Candice's vocals. I think she has control of her vocals and Jhud does not. Jhud when doing a duet seems she tries to out sing her partner with all of that loud wailing she loves to do. I too am not a fan of her vocals. There is something about Jhud that is off putting for me. I am not sure what it is but she rubs me the wrong way.

I have to mute the tv when those weight watchers commercials come on.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Candice &JHud was a battle of who could out scream the other the best & biggest. It was dreadful.

Have to agree about the Jennifer Hudson comments. I loved her in "Dream Girls", but don't care for the rest of her music since then.

I do the same thing.

Congratulations to Candace for winning AI.

To the Point

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    I love the sound of Candice's vocals. I think she has control of her vocals and Jhud does not. Jhud when doing a duet seems she tries to out sing her partner with all of that loud wailing she loves to do. I too am not a fan of her vocals. There is something about Jhud that is off putting for me. I am not sure what it is but she rubs me the wrong way.

I feel exactly the same way, right down to the ww commercials!!!

Candice has a much more pleasant tone.

There is something about Jhud that is off putting for me. I am not sure what it is but she rubs me the wrong way.
    This is a little difficult to explain. Of the 3 Divas on AI ...I always liked Jennifer best because I thought she was the best still do and her success has proved that point. Jennifer winning an Oscar, and accomplishing so much after being voted off at the wrong time on AI ... is what we used to call "cheaters' proof" ... and I almost feel a bit of that attitude about and from her.

It's not conceit or arrogance ... it is just that after AI, all her success and then the tragedies in her private/personal life she still has a strong presence and sense of self. My heart goes out to her as my hat is off to her.
    Last edited by echo226; 05-18-2013 at 10:30 PM.
    sparklete likes this.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast