+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Janelle Arthur AI 12

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

Janelle Arthur AI 12

Janelle Arthur, 23, from Oliver Springs, Tenn.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 03-14-2013 at 12:34 PM.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Re: Janelle Arthur AI 12

Janelle is my favorite. I hope she sticks around a while.
    BTW likes this.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

Maybe Janelle will be around. Guess who replaced Lazaro on that site that encourage votes for those they think are the worst.

I'm kind of glad. I hope it keeps her around rather than Amber!
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

I actually like Janelle a lot. She just isn't very good at song selection. She needs to learn how to select songs that really showcase her voice and style. She's not confident about her range and it shows. Vocal coaching might help with that.

I think she's trying to compete with the other women on their playing field instead of just being herself and doing what she does. She was much better at the beginning of the season. She seems like she's trying too hard now to "keep up." I still like her better than any of the others.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723 View Post
    I think she's trying to compete with the other women on their playing field instead of just being herself and doing what she does. She was much better at the beginning of the season. She seems like she's trying too hard now to "keep up." I still like her better than any of the others.
    Well when Lazaro was there they groomed her to be his successor as the resident punching bag.
    She is very sweet and pretty not to mention likeable and thus marketable ... so why haven't they been giving her good (private) advice?

Early on it did seem that Keith was fully in her camp, so as someone said, the watered-down country remark might have punched her ticket!
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    Well when Lazaro was there they groomed her to be his successor as the resident punching bag.
    She is very sweet and pretty not to mention likeable and thus marketable ... so why haven't they been giving her good (private) advice?

Early on it did seem that Keith was fully in her camp, so as someone said, the watered-down country remark might have punched her ticket!
    She's right about country being watered down. I think what did it is that they really want a non-country person. Pushing Kree as country is absurd, because if she is, then she's very much part of why country is watered down these days. My opinion is they want Amber because of her look and R&B sound. It doesn't matter if she's the best singer or not, that's what autotune is for. And how many of the singers out there these days are actually the best singers around. Anyway, I was only watching bits of this show and with Janelle gone, I see no reason to bother tuning in, except for the results show so I can see what some of the past Idols are up to. Otherwise, I don't give a hoot which one of the four very, very boring women left win.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723 View Post
    She's right about country being watered down. I think what did it is that they really want a non-country person. Pushing Kree as country is absurd, because if she is, then she's very much part of why country is watered down these days. My opinion is they want Amber because of her look and R&B sound. It doesn't matter if she's the best singer or not, that's what autotune is for. And how many of the singers out there these days are actually the best singers around. Anyway, I was only watching bits of this show and with Janelle gone, I see no reason to bother tuning in, except for the results show so I can see what some of the past Idols are up to. Otherwise, I don't give a hoot which one of the four very, very boring women left win.
    I love her precious, pretty face with that beautiful smile and sunny disposition. I hope for her a successful path and that she has a chance to make a gracious apology for a reckless, heedless remark made out of youthful immaturity and lack of worldly experience.

Bloomer axiom: Everything that goes on in your head does not necessarily need to come out of your mouth.

If it must be said, figure out how to say it in the least offensive way which is just my own opinion in how to get along in an already world ready to get upset at the drop of a hat, so to speak.
    Misty8723 likes this.
    Take my advice. I am not using it.

I think Janelle has great potential. With her looks, personality and talent, she would do great on a tv comedy show, reality show, or some other role. She has more personality than the remaining girls on the show, IMO, just not the vocals or experience to deliver on stage.

I really hope she gets some people behind her to help her. Her vocals are as good, if not better than many of the current country female artists.
    NCLurker likes this.

I think she delivers as well or better as any of the 4 remaining girls.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast