+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Next Week's Theme

Next Week's Theme

It has been announced that the theme for next week is any song sung by a former Idol winner. Whether they sang the song during their season or if they released it as a single after their time on the show. Will we hear Carrie & Kelly or will they stick to easier comparisons like Lee?

Re: Next Week's Theme

I can pretty much guarantee it will be ballads, whatever they choose (zzzzzzz)
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

I would tune in for my Kelly, she is still so great!
    Shoepie likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I was thinking last night about these dumb theme weeks, ugh. This one isn't as bad as the usual crappy themes though. I wonder if the "any song" actually means choose any song, or choose from this very limited list of songs like usual.

I can already picture Curtis shrieking a song by Fantasia next week...I better dig up my ear plugs and have them ready !

All the judges kept telling Devin to stick with the English / Spanish as that is his strength. I personally agree with them, I love when he starts singing in Spanish.
    I think these themes are going to present more of a challenge for him to be able to incorporate the Spanish into whatever song he gets stuck with. I hope he is able to do that though, he is my favorite of the guys at this point.
    Shoepie likes this.

FORT Fogey

Curtis has already done Rubin, so I'd guess Fantasia would be a good bet! How about the classic summertime? ;-)

To the Point

xmaskat & NFL1, I immediately thought Fantasia and Summertime in regards to Curtis. Just say no Curtis, Surprise us instead!!!
    NFL1 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by NFL1 View Post
    Curtis has already done Rubin, so I'd guess Fantasia would be a good bet! How about the classic summertime? ;-)
    Fantasia's Summertime is still THE MOST overrated performance in Idol history.

Paul sang Alone last night, so he has already covered Carrie once. I bet he does it again & sings Rascal Flatts Bless The Broken Road.
    Candybar likes this.

Someone is going to do "Jesus take the wheel" ... I just don't know who yet.

I don't think anyone will dp PP's Home as that is likely to be the send off song this season.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    Someone is going to do "Jesus take the wheel" ... I just don't know who yet.

I don't think anyone will dp PP's Home as that is likely to be the send off song this season.
    I read the P2 does indeed get the send off song, but it is his newest single called Gone, Gone, Gone.

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    I read the P2 does indeed get the send off song, but it is his newest single called Gone, Gone, Gone.
    Thanks!

Really, "Home" has gotten so much exposure ... especially because of the Olympics.

I almost thought it might be the Mariah song Almost Home ... untill they played it last nighjt for the "journey"

I am glad they'll be using P2's song " Gone, gone gone... although I am not sure anything but the title is thematically correct!
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast