+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Next Week's Theme

Re: Next Week's Theme

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    Amber, the recipient of so many unwarranted standing ovations will be singing a song she has already done. I wonder if they will take her to task for playing to safe, or give her another tongue bath & tell her how great she is?
    I hate to quote myself, but we indeed found out which way the judges went on this. I think anyone else would have been lambasted for doing a rehash of a song they had previously done.
    Lil Bit likes this.

Who will they pair the contestant with next week? Is it the final three where they get to perform with their idol? I'm trying to recall who they each have said they look up to and who has been the major influence for them musically.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Who will they pair the contestant with next week? Is it the final three where they get to perform with their idol? I'm trying to recall who they each have said they look up to and who has been the major influence for them musically.
    That doesn't happen until after all the performances are finished & it is the night they crown the winner.

This week is supposed to be 3 songs.

1) Contestants Choice
    2) Judges Choice
    3) Jimmymy's Choice.
    Debb70 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    That doesn't happen until after all the performances are finished & it is the night they crown the winner.

This week is supposed to be 3 songs.

1) Contestants Choice
    2) Judges Choice
    3) Jimmymy's Choice.
    They can really influenced and mess up the finalists now.

Isn't this the point where Clay got "Vincent"

I wonder who will choose for whom or if it will be a consensus.

Don't they usually get the songs chosen for them on their hometown visits?
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

I noticed Liedenfrost, in post 41 from this weeks performance thread, had suggested several Martina McBride songs for Kree. Do you know if she has performed "I Have Been Blessed" by Martina? I think she could really showcase her range, power and emotion with that song. Also, The Song Remembers When.
    Last edited by Debb70; 05-03-2013 at 04:16 PM.

Bringing over from theTop 4 Results (Redux) thread to avoid off topic.

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much View Post
    UNless Ryan announced it at the end of the show so that we know it is the way it is being done, I am going by what has been done in the past. The three songs selected by different people really isn't a theme---just an outline of the show.
    How about a theme of yours, mine and ours?

Yours is the contestants choice,
    Mine would be Jimmy's choice and
    Ours would be the judges choice.

I think this is the way it has always been done.

Contestant choice, producer choice and judges choice. The one difference is when they had only 3 judges, each judge would choose for one of the contestants.

Mohandas Gandhi

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    Bringing over from theTop 4 Results (Redux) thread to avoid off topic.

How about a theme of yours, mine and ours?

Yours is the contestants choice,
    Mine would be Jimmy's choice and
    Ours would be the judges choice.

I think this is the way it has always been done.

Contestant choice, producer choice and judges choice. The one difference is when they had only 3 judges, each judge would choose for one of the contestants.

Apparently not so this time. I was taken aback when Ryan said differently---the "production team" picked the last round rather than the girls.

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much View Post
    Apparently not so this time. I was taken aback when Ryan said differently---the "production team" picked the last round rather than the girls.
    Really different. I guess "production" is the producers ... who have a stake in this.

Also ... the contestant's didn't get messages on their hometown visits as to what had been picked for them.

I think in all aspects they are attempting to change things up to make it more appealing. They are failing.
    Debb70 likes this.

Mohandas Gandhi

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    Really different. I guess "production" is the producers ... who have a stake in this.

Also ... the contestant's didn't get messages on their hometown visits as to what had been picked for them.

I think in all aspects they are attempting to change things up to make it more appealing. They are failing.
    First, they were trying to get them out of their "comfort zones" and to show what they could actually sing, especially in Candice's case, and it appears in Angie's case to gauge from the high-5 reaction between Keith and Randy as she was concluding the judges' pick for her. Also, how well could they do on a short amount of time in a pressure situation? In the real world they will come up against pressure situations, I would think, and they will have to carry on right on through them, short of a dire emergency.

Second, they - the producers and Jimmy - have now been around this business, the music industry, lots of voices, songs, and young singers enough to try and gauge what they think might possibly be a good fit for the contestants. Now how well they actually perform the songs or they come off is a completely different matter.

Third, the producers and Jimmy O have a big stake in who wins this thing. They NEED to see the contestants sing other things besides what the contestant like and pick out for themselves to sing. That is why I think they forced the issue this time, and instead of letting the contestants have the 3rd pick, we saw "production" (i.e., the producers) have the 3rd pick, or at least that is the way I see it.
    Take my advice. I am not using it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers View Post
    First, they were trying to get them out of their "comfort zones" and to show what they could actually sing, especially in Candice's case, and it appears in Angie's case to gauge from the high-5 reaction between Keith and Randy as she was concluding the judges' pick for her. Also, how well could they do on a short amount of time in a pressure situation? In the real world they will come up against pressure situations, I would think, and they will have to carry on right on through them, short of a dire emergency.

Second, they - the producers and Jimmy - have now been around this business, the music industry, lots of voices, songs, and young singers enough to try and gauge what they think might possibly be a good fit for the contestants. Now how well they actually perform the songs or they come off is a completely different matter.

Third, the producers and Jimmy O have a big stake in who wins this thing. They NEED to see the contestants sing other things besides what the contestant like and pick out for themselves to sing. That is why I think they forced the issue this time, and instead of letting the contestants have the 3rd pick, we saw "production" (i.e., the producers) have the 3rd pick, or at least that is the way I see it.
    I understood all that and the details, I was meaning that the way it was presented this season is very different and much less fun.
    There was no advance talking about how and why the judges had arrived at the choices.

Back in the way back ... it used to be that we waited to see what Clive Davis and Simon would choose. That was fun.

Jimmy is going to get another choice next week, but honestly, the idols should be allowed to collaborate on these final choices.

Mohandas Gandhi

+ Reply to Thread