+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Next Week's Theme

Re: Next Week's Theme

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    jammyjoe, are these your wishes for the contestants or the actual songs they will be singing?
    They are songs I wish for them to sing on Rock night but the addition of "classic" means we'll have another very old/retro theme.

What's wrong with Alternative Rock? That's the genre I like best. I would have gone with that. Adam Lambert singing Tears for Fears and James Durbin singing Muse were really good. David Cook (the most alternative of all AI finalists) sang U2 in the finale but that was chosen by Clive Davis.
    Last edited by jammyjoe; 04-01-2013 at 07:56 PM.

I love the old, classic rock songs and I'm looking forward to this week's show. I was a bit disappointed this season when there wasn't a rocker in the group, although there are a couple of contestants that have what it takes to do a rock song justice.
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

Maybe Angela can follow Mariah's behind-the-piano advice and sing "Great Balls of Fire.

I think this week will be difficult for most of them except maybe Candice?
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by jammyjoe View Post
    They are songs I wish for them to sing on Rock night but the addition of "classic" means we'll have another very old/retro theme.

What's wrong with Alternative Rock? That's the genre I like best. I would have gone with that. Adam Lambert singing Tears for Fears and James Durbin singing Muse were really good. David Cook (the most alternative of all AI finalists) sang U2 in the finale but that was chosen by Clive Davis.
    There was no better era in rock than the mid 60's through the late 70's. So much great music by so many great & lasting bands. Retro or not, it still cooks.

How about:

Jim Dandy To The Rescue...probably best know by Black Oak Arkansas but LaVerne Baker did a great version & the original version back in 1957...Candice

White Rabbit from Jefferson Airplane & the great vocal from Grace Slick for Kree

Linda Rondstadt almost made a career of covering songs that had previously been big hits for others. One of those songs for her was Buddy Holly's That'll Be The Day, it's just rockin enough just country enough for Janelle

The Lovin Spoonful had so many great songs but without a doubt the best known is Summer In The City. Maye Angie could make it Hotter Than A Matchead.

Jumpin Jack Flash a great song written by Mick & Keith, but there was also a really bluesy rockin version done by Leon Russell. Get to it Amber.

Getting a bit funky & avoiding the obvious choices, War was an incredible band during their heyday, Burnell let's hear Me & Baby Brother.

Simply because the American public is voting & have been on the outside of the talent portion, how about The Who's Won't Get Fooled Again for Lazanjaya
    Lil Bit and sparklete like this.

FORT Fogey

Girl rockers have never done well on AI, so I am surious to see how this will go with mostly girls left

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    There was no better era in rock than the mid 60's through the late 70's. So much great music by so many great & lasting bands. Retro or not, it still cooks.

How about:

Jim Dandy To The Rescue...probably best know by Black Oak Arkansas but LaVerne Baker did a great version & the original version back in 1957...Candice

White Rabbit from Jefferson Airplane & the great vocal from Grace Slick for Kree

Linda Rondstadt almost made a career of covering songs that had previously been big hits for others. One of those songs for her was Buddy Holly's That'll Be The Day, it's just rockin enough just country enough for Janelle

The Lovin Spoonful had so many great songs but without a doubt the best known is Summer In The City. Maye Angie could make it Hotter Than A Matchead.

Jumpin Jack Flash a great song written by Mick & Keith, but there was also a really bluesy rockin version done by Leon Russell. Get to it Amber.

Getting a bit funky & avoiding the obvious choices, War was an incredible band during their heyday, Burnell let's hear Me & Baby Brother.

Simply because the American public is voting & have been on the outside of the talent portion, how about The Who's Won't Get Fooled Again for Lazanjaya
    Oh! my goodness on most of these choices! Now I am going to have them playing through my head all day today.

However, they truly skipped some serious rock setters who took the "roll" out of "rock and roll" and left just the "rock" in the last few years of the 60s. That is the time leading up to and into Woodstock - some wild early rock music for the time. For the time and culture, it was 'hair standing on end' for parents and, "Turn down that noise!"
    Take my advice. I am not using it.

How about:

Simply because the American public is voting & have been on the outside of the talent portion, how about The Who's Won't Get Fooled Again for Lazaro
    No nicknames rb ... but I do like most of your song choices ... but I wonder if White Rabbit would not be uptempo enough!

Mohandas Gandhi

There was no better era in rock than the mid 60's through the late 70's. Retro or not, it still cooks.

How about:

Jim Dandy To The Rescue...probably best know by Black Oak Arkansas but LaVerne Baker did a great version & the original version back in 1957.

White Rabbit from Jefferson Airplane & the great vocal from Grace Slick.

Linda Rondstadt almost made a career of covering songs that had previously been big hits for others. One of those songs for her was Buddy Holly's That'll Be The Day.

The Lovin Spoonful had so many great songs but without a doubt the best known is Summer In The City.

Jumpin Jack Flash a great song written by Mick & Keith, but there was also a really bluesy rockin version done by Leon Russell.

Getting a bit funky & avoiding the obvious choices, War was an incredible band during their heyday. Let's hear Me & Baby Brother.

Simply because the American public is voting & have been on the outside of the talent portion, how about The Who's Won't Get Fooled Again.
    AMEN, razorbacker. AMEN!

Your list put me in a very Happy Place. Thank you!
    And your nod to Leon Russell? That was excellent.
    Impossible things are being done every day.

FORT Fogey

SOMEbody needs to sing Janis!

And Lazaro should go REAL Old-School to the days of Eddie Cochran, Gene Vincent, Ritchie Valens, Buddy Hollie, and Elvis!

Lazaro fan ♥‏@lazifansarah 6h
    @LazaroAI12 #AskLazi will you ever perform a spanish song on idol? #AskLazi

Lazaro Arbos‏@LazaroAI12 6h
    @lazifansarah Yess that's my goal
    Para bailar "La Bamba".....
    Last edited by WinkyD; 04-02-2013 at 09:37 PM.
    sparklete likes this.

Lazaro couild also put some humor in this ... and sing a song that has stuttering in it.

Such as

Bad To The Bone......(B B B B B B Bad!)

My Generation (g-g-g-generation).

There are quite a few more but I can't think of them now.

Mohandas Gandhi

+ Reply to Thread