+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Next Week's Theme

Re: Next Week's Theme

Quote Originally Posted by TeacherLady View Post
    Makes me miss Skyler Laine, who nearly always sang upbeat country-ish songs and was a bundle of energy. I loved her!
    What happened to her? I hope she's doing well. Several judges said she was bound to be a big star. I wonder if they really believe that though. Some of the ones they say that to seem to disappear when they leave the show.

Quote Originally Posted by TeacherLady View Post
    Me, too! Curtis ain't nowhere near Joshua's level. I also prefer Burnell to Curtis. Curtis is too church-y, plus seems full of himself.
    I prefer Burnell as well. I don't mind the churchy stuff but, like you say, Curtis is just too full of himself.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I would tune in for my Kelly, she is still so great!
    Agreed! The first is the best, IMO. She really has demonstrated staying-power and is a great pop song writer and performer.

Quote Originally Posted by NFL1 View Post
    Curtis has already done Rubin, so I'd guess Fantasia would be a good bet! How about the classic summertime? ;-)
    LOVE Fantasia. Unfortunately, there aren't many homes for a unique singer like her. Shis is probably one of my all time favorites. Remember the fuss that was made about her being an unwed mother?!?!??! Times have changed even since then.

Quote Originally Posted by jammyjoe View Post
    There ought to be a Party Theme where contestants are not allowed to sing ballads.
    Killer idea!

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    Though I am not a fan of country music I bet Janelle will be the one who will skip the ballads and go for upbeat songs. I believe they all have access to the internet (time permitting) and are in touch with family so they may get feedback. Am I right on this?
    The only time I like Janelle is when she does the old-time country style.

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    Really, "Home" has gotten so much exposure ... especially because of the Olympics.
    I LOVE LOVE LOVE this song and happen to think it is perfection. Phil or someone screwed up by selling rights to an insurance company. it's too good for that and should stay with the Olympics and/or the Idol show.

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Well, in a moment of rehashing old themes, next week will be the Lennon & McCartney song book.

On the results show, Jessica Sanchez & NeYo will perform.

Sooooo, no one has any thoughts or predictions for the theme this week. Who's gonna blow it out the park, who's just gonna blow it?

I have a distinct feeling the boring Lazaro will not stray far from a ballad & we will hear Imagine for the umpteenth time.

Janelle in her attempt to remain in the country vein could do Act Naturally, even though Buck Owens wrote it, The Beatles did record it & Ringo sang it. If that isn't allowed how about All You Need Is Love.

I'd love to hear Kree go really off the rails & do something like Paperback Writer.

Candace, just seems to be stuck in the drama mode so I suspect something along the lines of Yesterday.

Devin better pick up his game or he's headed out the door, & as the second lowest male, he should Love Me Do in a pleading kind of way.

Paul, perhaps he needs to do a bit of up tempo this week & he can hold back on the over singing with something like I Feel Fine.

Amber, geez this might be a tough one for her, so in her best Devin like pleading voice Please, Please Me..

Burnell really needs to get out from behind the mic & let loose a bit with something like We Can Work It Out.

Angie, how bout straying from the over melodramatic of the past few weeks & go with something sweet like Penny Lane.

I know none of these will be picked, at least by the folks I paired them with, but a fellow can dream.

"Janelle in her attempt to remain in the country" ... "Good Day Sunshine" ?
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post

I have a distinct feeling the boring Lazaro will not stray far from a ballad & we will hear Imagine for the umpteenth time.
    Ugh! Lazaro was the worst last week and VFTW is right. He is definitely getting by via sympathy votes. And he is currently 4th place...OMG!!

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    NO ONE, with the exception on Janelle last week, has strayed very far from a ballad. I don't find Lazaro any more boring than the rest of them. I hope Janelle doesn't pay attention to the criticism from last week and go back to boring ballads. All the other women are interchangeable. If they want a girl to win, they shouldn't have stacked the deck with so many alike.

Quote Originally Posted by jammyjoe View Post
    Ugh! Lazaro was the worst last week and VFTW is right. He is definitely getting by via sympathy votes. And he is currently 4th place...OMG!!
    I like Lazaro. He comes across as a very genuine, likeable young man. Sympathy for what?
    Last edited by Arielflies; 03-20-2013 at 12:19 PM.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723 View Post
    I like Lazaro. He comes across as a very genuine, likeable young man. Sympathy for what?
    I assume she was refering to his speach impediment and studdering. I agree it may be a reason some would vote. He came in 4th in the final cut; that says something.

For me it is Amber all the way right now!

Remember that this is the Next Week's Themes thread and keep your comments along that vein.

Any other comments about performance or song sung at performance should go in the performance thread. Thanks.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

+ Reply to Thread