+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: 3/7 AI 12 Top 20 RESULTS **West Coast Spoilers**

FORT Regular

Re: 3/7 AI 12 Top 20 RESULTS **West Coast Spoilers**

Between Janelle and Kree, I prefer Janelle. I think she has a lovely personality, very sweet. Between Candice and Amber, I do like Amber more, also because of her personality and her style of singing. I have seen so many Candice-type singers. But overall, my pick is still Angie. Love, love her. Win or lose, this girl is going to go far. I too feel bad for Charlie, poor kid, I hope he is taking it well. He seems to have some personal issues so I hope he is taking it well.

I do think though as far as the wild card, I hope it will be between Nick and Breanna as I do think they both should have made the top 10.

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much View Post
    Thanks. Is that what you got out of what Ryan said? He zoomed through it so fast, I thought it was one of each gender..What else they are going to do with them besides the tour was not made clear.
    I thought he said they ... they being the next highest vote getter of each gender ... would be vying for ONE spot on the tour. You were asking why and what's the "draw" and frankly I'm not sure either, but maybe people are clamoring for more of someone. He did start by saying something like" if you want more of your favorite..." ?

Someone like Nick ... could play the piano for others ... and Zoanette could do a duet with Curtis ...
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

I didn't like how they treated the ten that did not get picked. Basically like "thanks for coming, out that way, careful with that door". I'm overall pleased with the top 10, except for Paul and Curtis. Paul's forgettable and not memorable, and Curtis is a weird, overreacting spazz (sometimes when he deepens his voice as he sings it sounds like "duuuuuurrrrr"). I call Curtis the male version fo Zoanette, except Zoanette's shown to be a kind eprson, whereas Curtis has shown, as we saw in Hollywood, that he's a two-faced jerk. WHy'd people even vote for him? I can understand tweenie girls crushing on Paul and voting for him, but why anybody voted for Curtis just elludes me.

One last thing ... even when only one judge spoke to each finalist last night they STILL talked too long!

These judges all talk too long. They need to keep it brief and give some advice.

I would like to see them rotate who they start and end the critique with.

There is no anticipation regarding what will be said like there was with Simon. There was even some suspense with Steven Tyler!
    I think we are all asleep by the time it gets to Mariah ... then she shuts the lights off.

There is also no fun interaction/banter between Ryan and the judges.

Quote Originally Posted by Rembrant View Post
    I didn't like how they treated the ten that did not get picked. Basically like "thanks for coming, out that way, careful with that door". .
    I mostly agree with you on that point, but I am not sure how it could have been done better ... or in a kinder way. Perhaps doing it more like the sudden death rounds?
    Last edited by Arielflies; 03-08-2013 at 05:12 PM.

Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    One last thing ... even when only one judge spoke to each finalist last night they STILL talked too long!

These judges all talk too long. They need to keep it brief and give some advice.

I would like to see them rotate who they start and end the critique with.

There is no anticipation regarding what will be said like there was with Simon. There was even some suspense with Steven Tyler!
    I think we are all asleep by the time it gets to Mariah ... then she shuts the lights off.

There is also no fun interaction/banter between Ryan and the judges.
    It's because there's just one too many judges. Yea, it was strange that they always start with Keith so by the time we Mariah speaks we just didn't care anymore what she has to say. She's just mostly repeating what the 3 others said. They did away with rotating the order of judging. It's quite less interesting. One other thing I noticed is that Nikki and Mariah never acknowledge each other. Definitely no chemistry between the two of them it looks uncomfortable.

This wildcard thing is weak! I thought they'll use another week to let the 5 girls and 5 guys sing again or at least the judges select 2 from each gender and then they sing off and America votes in 1 from each gender. That would be more interesting. This one more person just to be a guest in the tour is so lame. Seem's like an effort for Nigel to bring in a favorite of his that didn't make the top 10. It also runs contrary to his even gender requirement. I am guessing he wants either Zoanette or Charlie in there.
    Last edited by jammyjoe; 03-08-2013 at 05:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jammyjoe View Post
    It's because there's just one too many judges. This wildcard thing is weak! I thought they'll use another week to let the 5 girls and 5 guys sing again or at least the judges select 2 from each gender and then they sing off and America votes in 1 from each gender. That would be more interesting. This one more person just to be a guest in the tour is so lame. Seem's like an effort for Nigel to bring in a favorite of his that didn't make the top 10. It also runs contrary to his even gender requirement. I am guessing he wants either Zoanette or Charlie in there.
    I am guessing he wants either Zoanette or Charlie in there. ..
    . Yep! That's what I'v been saying too.

As for too many judges, I am not sure about that. Perhaps what they could do is let the 3 new ones speak and have Randy as the "Chief Judge" to wrap it up.

Frankly ... Nicki is mostly the one who is spot on and straight forward. Keith and Mariah are like a double dose of Paula. They try to soften the blow.

Also ... Ryan needs a target. Maybe it could be Jimmy?
    BTW likes this.

Mohandas Gandhi

I wish they showed the number of votes for each contestant so we would see how they ranked. Nigel mentioned about wanting to do this but X-Factor beat him to it although they never show the number of votes just the ranking. Like Vincent for example as he was actually the top vote getter of all the guys prior to this week, then he crashed after his "End of the Road" performance....so to speak.

To the Point

I actually enjoy Keith whereas I just find Mariah beyond boring. Her speaking voice is just so sleep inducing.

Nicki has actually surprised me, if she would just stop with all the inane and inappropriate comments. She has very good and constructive comments. I would also enjoy her more if she would just speak in a normal voice....if she has one. I can't stand when she starts with the fake accents and her voice is just way too nasally.

Randy is just Randy.
    Lil Bit likes this.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

Judges please put Zoanette in <3

And the first chance they get, use their save on her <3

and then have a shocking twist where the judges actually get two saves this season, and save her again <3

And then for some reason grant her immunity for three weeks <3

etc.

Lazaro is actually winning the voting poll right now. Unfortunately, it's the poll for Vote For The Worst!

Poll Results: Who should be the VFTW pick for the top 10?
    JohnnyK likes this.

+ Reply to Thread