+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: 3/6 AI 12 Las Vegas Voting Round #2 **West Coast Spoilers**

To the Point

Re: 3/6 AI 12 Las Vegas Voting Round #2 **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    It wasn't his mother, it was Charlie who said his parents had him tested, but it was unspecified.
    I was thinking I remembered him Mom commenting on it as well in the very first piece they did before his actual audition. Could be wrong, but that's what I think I remember. She was the one that referred to it as Charlie Askew Syndrome, wasn't she?

ETA: Just did a quick web search and all the articles did credit his Mom with saying he had Charlie Askew syndrome.
    Last edited by NCLurker; 03-07-2013 at 01:41 PM.

To the Point

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    What are his symptoms other than being socially awkward?
    They didn't say, but I gather the whole socially awkward thing is pretty extreme and was a large part of the concerns.....

Don't forget that if you think you know who's going through, if you can read America's mind, or if you want to join in the fun of guessing who goes home every week, this week is the first week of the prediction game, so feel free to pop over to that thread and repeat some of the guesses you're making here. It promises to be a fun season of Idol for that.

I'm trying to decide if Charlie will have been too weird for the voters, or Just Weird Enough.... I kinda want him to go through just (as probably many others might want) to see what happens next with him.

I just watched my recording, and wasn't really super impressed with anyone. There are no great singers, a few good, and several mediocre. How sad, that some really good singers were passed up, just so AI could have something other than a singing competition. But, then again, there is auto-tune.

I usually close my eyes, or look away when they sing, so I don't anything else sway me. For me, what I heard, was most of them sang just under on their notes (flat), though, for some, it was just a smidge. But I could still hear it.
    I think Burnell and Devin sang the cleanest, though not perfect.

I don't really know if I even have a favorite amongst the guys or ladies. But, I will continue to record, continue to FF through what the judges say, and close my eyes and listen.

I like all music...if a song grabs me, I will download it. My collection is quite ecclectic...sometimes, I like these shows, only for the fact that it opens my eyes to a song I have never heard, and I really like.

Good luck to them all!!
    Debb70 likes this.

Charlie's self-conscious, studied and very deliberate “awkwardness” has worn thin among the judges and perhaps the audience. His actions on stage were all contrived, even the crying. Don't believe his own hype! You are being played for a fool.

Lazaro has reached his potential. I really don't think he'll get any better. His performances seems to be on one level or maybe two, below average and average.

Elijah's vocals is really weak. He was selected by the judges due to his marketable looks but his falsetto is one of the worst.

David Willis, Bryant Tadeo and Johnny Keyser were all robbed of their place in the semi-finals.
    Lil Bit likes this.

I just "listened back" Charlie's performance from last night in light of liedenfrost's glowing review and realized several things: he was pitch perfect, I'm not at all familiar with that song, which may have skewed my listening experience, and his extreme "look" may have thrown me off guard. In fact, he's exquisitely talented and I do hope he goes through tonight. In fact, it would make me unbearably smug if he goes through and Finch the Grinch does not. I don't think that's likely, but the "worship leader" really stuck my craw with his ugly attitude during group. Shame, shame, shame on Nicki Minaj for making it all about herself wanting to cuddle him and not glorify in him exploring his facets. Show them all, Charlie! I really think he has a chance, looking at different polls and prediction sites.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    I just "listened back" Charlie's performance from last night in light of liedenfrost's glowing review and realized several things: he was pitch perfect, I'm not at all familiar with that song, which may have skewed my listening experience, and his extreme "look" may have thrown me off guard. In fact, he's exquisitely talented and I do hope he goes through tonight. In fact, it would make me unbearably smug if he goes through and Finch the Grinch does not. I don't think that's likely, but the "worship leader" really stuck my craw with his ugly attitude during group. Shame, shame, shame on Nicki Minaj for making it all about herself wanting to cuddle him and not glorify in him exploring his facets. Show them all, Charlie! I really think he has a chance, looking at different polls and prediction sites.
    I really think that America will do him a big favor if he doesn't go through the top 10. It's detrimental to his mental and emotional health. He needs therapy. Not ready for this kind of show as most people in the FORT, blog sites and all over the internet think so.

I agree with what TVLINE said about each performance (except maybe Paul Jolley's). I think they were right on point.

American Idol Recap: Season 12 Semifinals — Top 10 Men - TVLine

American Idol Recap: Season 12 Semifinals — Top 10 Women - TVLine

Quote Originally Posted by jammyjoe View Post
    I really think that America will do him a big favor if he doesn't go through the top 10. It's detrimental to his mental and emotional health. He needs therapy. Not ready for this kind of show as most people in the FORT, blog sites and all over the internet think so.

I agree with what TVLINE said about each performance (except maybe Paul Jolley's). I think they were right on point.

American Idol Recap: Season 12 Semifinals Top 10 Men - TVLine

American Idol Recap: Season 12 Semifinals Top 10 Women - TVLine
    Those are very good links -spot on I would say,.I hope they dont want to keep playing with Charlie, that's just cruel.
    BTW likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by jammyjoe View Post

American Idol Recap: Season 12 Semifinals — Top 10 Men - TVLine

American Idol Recap: Season 12 Semifinals — Top 10 Women - TVLine
    Thanks, I enjoyed the links. I just had to quote this from Paul's review:

"Paul has a solid-enough country instrument (in the vein of Rascal Flatts’ Gary Levox, whose music I’d rate as somewhere between unbearable and “baseball bat to the head”)"

Simply because that is exactly the way I feel about Gary Levox, and it's a good comparison with Paul's vocals.

(Side note: I like country music, but what Rascal Flatts does - as Randy would say - isn't good, dawg.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723 View Post
    Thanks, I enjoyed the links. I just had to quote this from Paul's review:

"Paul has a solid-enough country instrument (in the vein of Rascal Flatts’ Gary Levox, whose music I’d rate as somewhere between unbearable and “baseball bat to the head”)"

Simply because that is exactly the way I feel about Gary Levox, and it's a good comparison with Paul's vocals.

(Side note: I like country music, but what Rascal Flatts does - as Randy would say - isn't good, dawg.
    Hahahahhahahahaha!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567