+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: 3/6 AI 12 Las Vegas Voting Round #2 **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 3/6 AI 12 Las Vegas Voting Round #2 **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    As long as there are Kardashians and Jenners on my tv screen, I cannot tolerate Ryan! It's his fault! lol

There are so many others I don't like ( as well as who you mentioned) that he has nothing to do with, so
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Maybaybie View Post
    I think it's interesting that of the 10 ladies, I can easily pick 5 that will/should go through and probably could add a 6th and maybe a 7th as well. After last night's performances by the guys, I'm having a hard time coming up with even 4 that I think should advance.

And on a completely separate note....I think their first theme week should be "Just Sing Anything that Isn't a Ballad". Two straight nights of mostly ballads has put me in a coma. I was so happy Cortez sang an up-tempo song that I didn't even care if it was good or not- I was just happy if wasn't slow and snooze-worthy.
    YES - PLEASE producers, give us the true top 10, not top girls and top guys...There are only 3 guys that should make it through...and at least 7 girls who are better than or equally good as the top 3 guys!

I'm with you on needing up beat songs!!

Do you ever wonder if the contestants understand what it means to have a those special moments in their performances? They can be told that over and over, but they still come out and do a song that just stays in the middle register and offers them no opportunity to showcase their range and ability of their voice. I don't get it.

When I hear them do a song like the one the girl did the other week by Lady Antebellum, I scratch my head. There is nothing dynamic about that song. It's just mediocre. Why pick that song for an audition? Yes, it was popular, but it's not an audition song. I wonder why these contestants don't have a coach or some kind of help to show them how to showcase their voice in the best way possible, with the right songs. I don't get it.

I have heard these songs that go nowhere a lot this season. They have little melody and don't challenge the singer at all. Maybe that's all they can handle.

To the Point

Regarding Charlie, watching last night I kind of got the feeling that Charlie was shocked that he got a negative review. It made me start thinking about the process and what I remembered of his auditions as he has come through. Did he receive any really negative comments before now? Because last night made me think that he doesn't get it, so to speak. I'm truly not sure that he can handle it emotionally. While his "syndrome" has no name, per his Mom, there is no doubt that he is affected by some "syndrome" and I just don't want to watch him get hurt through this process, that and it just isn't enjoyable to me (if I'm being totally honest). I was just really uncomfortable watching him unravel on stage.
    Shoepie and ibot2much like this.

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

Charlie said he put on a fake smile through most of the process so far, and I enjoyed him when I thought he was joyful. Now that dark has invaded his world with the negative comments, his vulnerability surfaces and he is unable to soldier through it. From seeing him as a young man with a quirky edge and a decent voice who I enjoyed, in an instant he became a young boy who would need to be coddled. I really hope he doesn't make it through.
    NCLurker likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker View Post
    The crying would become unbearable.....? His and mine....
    I think his tears last night were because he felt blindsided. He had been getting praise and them WHAMMO. He expected praise. If he goes through I don' think he would cry again. Just a hunch. That said, I will be shocked if he makes F5.

Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker View Post
    Regarding Charlie, watching last night I kind of got the feeling that Charlie was shocked that he got a negative review. It made me start thinking about the process and what I remembered of his auditions as he has come through. Did he receive any really negative comments before now? Because last night made me think that he doesn't get it, so to speak. I'm truly not sure that he can handle it emotionally. While his "syndrome" has no name, per his Mom, there is no doubt that he is affected by some "syndrome" and I just don't want to watch him get hurt through this process, that and it just isn't enjoyable to me (if I'm being totally honest). I was just really uncomfortable watching him unravel on stage.
    I missed his mother talking about him. What did she say? I didn't realize he had something going on.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 03-07-2013 at 01:08 PM.

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

It wasn't his mother, it was Charlie who said his parents had him tested, but it was unspecified.
    Shoepie likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    Charlie said he put on a fake smile through most of the process so far, and I enjoyed him when I thought he was joyful. Now that dark has invaded his world with the negative comments, his vulnerability surfaces and he is unable to soldier through it. From seeing him as a young man with a quirky edge and a decent voice who I enjoyed, in an instant he became a young boy who would need to be coddled. I really hope he doesn't make it through.
    I agree, because if he makes it, he isn't going to get coddled on his way to his career.There are going to be lots of these moments and less of the atta boys.
    I don't want him to get the pity vote, and take someone else's place
    Its all about ratings, not about true talent
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

I was horrified that he had such a melt down. Everything about the performance last night was different than what he had done previously, so his lack of understanding about the judges' comments were surprising. Hopefully, he will not get through.

I liked the last four men

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    It wasn't his mother, it was Charlie who said his parents had him tested, but it was unspecified.
    What are his symptoms other than being socially awkward?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast