+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree50Likes

Thread: 3/5 AI 12 Las Vegas Voting Round #1 **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 3/5 AI 12 Las Vegas Voting Round #1 **West Coast Spoilers**

The best singers were in the second half!!! Make sure you catch Candice, Kree, and the girl who sang Whitney.
    Lil Bit likes this.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    The best singers were in the second half!!! Make sure you catch Candice, Kree, and the girl who sang Whitney.
    Okay! will do. I saw Amber( lI iked her) did she sing Whitney? she was very good.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    I was just about to post this when I saw Gutmutter had already beat me to it!

I agree that 2 hours is just too much, but I do record it, then FF through the commercials and most of the judging, comments, and other crap that just takes up time. So, it goes faster that way.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Yes - Amber is the girl who sang Whitney. I take notes while they sing, but I was posting from work. 4 of the last 5 who sang were the best of the night in my opinion, so if you're only going to watch half, watch the second half!
    Count your blessings!

Gaaak!! Zoanette was definitely a producers' pick. She was just fodder to make AI interesting by putting her through up until the top 10 girls where they put her in the death spot and the made the judges throw her under the bus. Her off-key vocals is one of the worst in AI history but the judges didn't care because they were being paid to put her through. Now it's out of their hands they can let America decide. VFTW is making a push to put her through by supervoting on Facebook. I was floored when they put her through in Hollywood when all she did was play the drums while muttering random made-up lyrics. So that made it obvious that she would make it this far.

Here are the rankings for the top 20:

[PHOTOS] American Idol Leaderboard: Ranking the Season 12 Top 20 - TVLine
    Last edited by jammyjoe; 03-06-2013 at 04:40 PM.

I don't think the judges needed any encouragement to "throw her under the bus." They spoke the truth...Mariah even going so far as to hint she might do better in musicals. They were honest in that they see her as a personality, but not a singer.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Zoanette made the top 10 girls because she was polarizing despite bad diction and all. Her emotional rendition of Circle of Life coupled with the superb musical production by the band masked her otherwise subpar vocal performance. Judges ignored her vocals for every round. Then of course we strip her of all that fanfare, and her flaws became more evident. This time they were more frank and honest about her because it was time to cut her. The Sanjaya-fest is over!

Top 4 for girls are surely:

Candice
    Angie
    Kree
    Amber

The 5th is a bit of a mystery since I looked at all the polls and they are all different. It will be between Janelle, Breanna, and Aubrey.
    Last edited by jammyjoe; 03-06-2013 at 05:06 PM.

For everyone making predictions, feel free to join in the prediction game, starting up this week with the live voting. This week you predict the top 10, then each successive week you predict who's going home until we have a winner! Many of the folks making their top fives here have participated before, and it's always a fun time!!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    you know if it was a male judge saying some of the stupid things Nicki says to some of these ladies it would be called sexual harrassment.
    I never thought of this, but dayum. You are right.

Although, what bothers me even more is how she ASSUMES people care if they her "little marshmallows" and "ladie bugs" or that it means something special. Same with nicknames. I find it disrespectul for a complete stranger to give me what is typically a term of endearment or comfort and then assume the recipient should feel special somehow.

It beyond pretentious.

Having said that, I see a huge change in Nicky since the beginning. She must have had a talking-to because she has toned it way down. At the core, I think she really means well. She is a young person on a panel of older, more experienced, and more successful people. And she experienced great fame at an early age.

I tend to think she overcompensates a bit without knowing she's doing it. And, it was part of her schtick to a large degree.

I like Nicky enough to hope that as she ages, and from her experiences on Idol, she learns and grows as a person, a professioal, and a woman.

I think her advice is pretty much spot on. She is a very good judge I think. And, I like how she is direct. Honesty is always good, right? Right???

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The 4 judges are the RIGHT judges in my opinion. All bring something valuable and credible and helpful to say. I like them all.

I have been a Randy supporter since day one and he is the PERFECT anchor for these 3. I'm glad he is still on the show. Ryan too. It's been alot of years, but they finally have it right again. I'm enjoying it!.
    MsDiva2007 likes this.

Yesterday I found a video of Kree, since everyone is raving so much. I don't get why, though, didn't seem any different than all the other women. And she is supposed to be country? I would never have guessed it.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

+ Reply to Thread