+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree50Likes

Thread: 3/5 AI 12 Las Vegas Voting Round #1 **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 3/5 AI 12 Las Vegas Voting Round #1 **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    Advances. I don't see any reason for her to go home.
    And perhaps now even her biggest fans can see reasons 1 through 10 for Zoanette to exit expeditiously stage right. I don't believe she had even as few as 2 notes in the correct pitch.
    NCLurker, Lil Bit and Shoepie like this.

Quote Originally Posted by maxkl View Post
    Ok... Nicki... a little rude. She is only 15... And she can't come back next year. No it wasn't the best but
    A little softer rejection would have nice. Sorry just felt bad for Adriana. I would'nt vote for her but she was
    Better than Zonette
    Hells bells, Tatiana was better than Zoanette.
    NCLurker likes this.

FORT Fogey

I enjoy Nicki. I find myself FFing through Mariah.

I was a Zonette fan even though she didn't hit one note in Circle of Life; the production was good. Time for her to go. Interesting that she cannot sing yet makes the final 10. She will not make it through unless 'vote the worst' is more powerful than I think.

I would vote if I could text. ATT is clearly a sponser.

I will not be the least bit surprised if Zoanette makes it through. I will be sad, though, if it is at the expense of Kree, Candice, or the girl who sang Whitney.
    Count your blessings!

Randy actually said at one time during this season, "This is a singing competition." Then they have the nerve to put Zoanette through!

Despite my misgivings, I started watching this season during Hollywood week. I completely skipped the auditions. Now I find myself FF'ing through the judges comments. There is entirely too much time wasted on allowing the judges to ramble on, and if you've heard it once...

Keith..."___________ baby...."
    Nikki..."You know I'm obsessed with you...ladybug..." (insert various weird accents)
    Randy... "Yo!!"
    Mariah... "How are you feeling tonight?, What Randy just said..."

I haven't become really invested in anyone yet. I think Candace and Kree are the best of the girls. Not sure who I like best of the boys. I just know that I'd like to see both Zoanette and Charlie go home this week. I think I may get my wish with Zoanette because she is really just BAD, but Charlie at least can hit the right notes. He just bugs me for some reason. I can see Charlie making it through, at least this week, and I also think that he may be the type of kid that will grow on me as I see him more. But what do I know? My favorite has only won once in all the years I've watched this show! (David Cooke)
    NFL1 likes this.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

I was so bored I turned the channel halfway through. Two hours is too long. Four judges are too many. And I don't care how great the singers are, I can't sit through two hours of ballads. Even Seacrest is annoying me this year. My problem is that I don't look at this as a "singing competition," but as an entertainment show. Sadly, I have not been entertained so far, and I don't know how long I'll stick around if it doesn't liven up. I guess maybe I've been spoiled by the Voice.

Quote Originally Posted by ilja View Post
    Okay, I liked Janelle quite a bit but I'm afraid my judgment on her might be a bit biased. Though the last Tennessean I really liked was Melinda Doolittle and I knew she didn't have a chance so I'm kind of thinking that about Janelle too since out there seems to be all the rage these days. Of course, I don't buy music either so I'm not a good judge.
    I liked Janelle best of the ones I heard. Turned it half way through, so who knows. Seems like she has a purer voice, less "vocal gymnastics" - which doesn't do anything for me at all.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 03-06-2013 at 12:44 PM.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

He activates my yummy!!!! yourefired's Avatar
    If there's any justice, the 5 who make it through are:

Angie
    Cree
    Candice
    Amber
    Janelle

I am afraid though that Janelle will go and Zoanette will stay. Cree and Janelle are both country girls so I'm not sure America will put two of them through. Zoanette is awful but she's the most talked about contestant this year.

If the judges want to hitch their wagon to a female this year, IMO Angie is the horse they're looking for. I predicted her the winner after Hollywood, and I stand by that after tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by WinkyD View Post
    Lazaro tomorrow!
    Ugh I'm so over that already. His story is amazing, but they keep shoving it down our throats. It's like he's the backup if a girl can't win. I personally liked Michah better, but I'm guessing after Josh Gracin there will never be another military idol. Everyone said Josh overstayed his welcome, and I might be inclined to agree a bit just because at the time his voice was so affected. It's like he tried too hard to twang like Garth Brooks when he didn't need to. His voice is amazing, but on his cd's now he doesn't try to over twant. He just sings. If he'd done that, nobody would have said a word about him overstaying. Still, I think he ruined it for future military contestants.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 03-06-2013 at 12:45 PM.
    Do you want to see the Cook Islands Great Humpback Whale? Ozazy Lusth from Survivor! Ozzy, I want to see the great cook Islands Humpback Whale!

Quote Originally Posted by yourefired View Post
    Ugh I'm so over that already. His story is amazing, but they keep shoving it down our throats. It's like he's the backup if a girl can't win. I personally liked Michah better, but I'm guessing after Josh Gracin there will never be another military idol. Everyone said Josh overstayed his welcome, and I might be inclined to agree a bit just because at the time his voice was so affected. It's like he tried too hard to twang like Garth Brooks when he didn't need to. His voice is amazing, but on his cd's now he doesn't try to over twant. He just sings. If he'd done that, nobody would have said a word about him overstaying. Still, I think he ruined it for future military contestants.
    Josh Gracin was actually my favorite that season (although I had to support Clay being the home town boy). Josh actually out sang Clay on a Bee Gees song (same song, forget which one). So, for me, he totally didn't overstay his welcome.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

He activates my yummy!!!! yourefired's Avatar

I don't think Josh overstayed his welcome either for me But that was a popular consensus during season 2 Like I said, my only problem with him was he did over twang once he made it to the big stage. He did not in his auditions, but he did when he started in the finals. I always knew he had a great voice, ,and if you listen to what he is doing today, you know he's great without the affected twang. He just needed a proper vocal coach to teach him being country does not actually mean an artificial twang. If you have it naturally (a la Kellie Pickler), then go with it. But not many people from Michigan have it. So work with your strong points and don't try to be anyone else. And Josh did do that a lot.. BTW I totally agree on the Bee Gees song. That was his stand out performance.
    Do you want to see the Cook Islands Great Humpback Whale? Ozazy Lusth from Survivor! Ozzy, I want to see the great cook Islands Humpback Whale!

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit View Post
    Randy actually said at one time during this season, "This is a singing competition." Then they have the nerve to put Zoanette through!

Despite my misgivings, I started watching this season during Hollywood week. I completely skipped the auditions. Now I find myself FF'ing through the judges comments. There is entirely too much time wasted on allowing the judges to ramble on, and if you've heard it once...

Keith..."___________ baby...."
    Nikki..."You know I'm obsessed with you...ladybug..." (insert various weird accents)
    Randy... "Yo!!"
    Mariah... "How are you feeling tonight?, What Randy just said..."

I haven't become really invested in anyone yet. I think Candace and Kree are the best of the girls. Not sure who I like best of the boys. I just know that I'd like to see both Zoanette and Charlie go home this week. I think I may get my wish with Zoanette because she is really just BAD, but Charlie at least can hit the right notes. He just bugs me for some reason. I can see Charlie making it through, at least this week, and I also think that he may be the type of kid that will grow on me as I see him more. But what do I know? My favorite has only won once in all the years I've watched this show! (David Cooke)
    Four judges is way way too many.( You described each one well) LOL NM, I like her, but she says such stupid thinks Amber, from now on I will call you ber. WTH is that? I tried, I don't know why the first singer Zoanette is even in the top 10. She was awful- just awful .I liked Angie, then found out Colton wrote that song! The rest were a blur, and I did record the second half- it remains to be seen if I will bother. I think not
    NFL1 and Lil Bit like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread