Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree50Likes

Thread: 3/5 AI 12 Las Vegas Voting Round #1 **West Coast Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: 3/5 AI 12 Las Vegas Voting Round #1 **West Coast Spoilers**

Lazaro tomorrow!

To the Point

Candace, Kree, Janelle, Breanna ( I love her tone) & Angie (I guess) or Amber maybe.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

Quote Originally Posted by WinkyD View Post
    Lazaro tomorrow!
    Bleh. Who else is there?

Candace, Kree, Janelle, Breanna ( I love her tone) & Angie (I guess) or Amber maybe.
    Zoanette, that other girl, and those other three.

FORT Fogey

Wow. The girls ARE amazing.

Definate Top 5
    Amber
    Angie
    Candice
    Kree

Unsure
    Aubry
    Breanna
    Janelle

Side note: this is the first time I've enjoyed and respected the show for a very long time (since before Paula left). The 4 judges are really a VERY good team.
    Shoepie likes this.

you know if it was a male judge saying some of the stupid things Nicki says to some of these ladies it would be called sexual harrassment.
    NFL1, NCLurker, LalahLand and 3 others like this.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    you know if it was a male judge saying some of the stupid things Nicki says to some of these ladies it would be called sexual harrassment.
    I totally agree Ms Diva.....There would be a tremendous outrage if Randy were making the same crazy statements. Why do they let Nikki harass those young girls? Come on Nikki, please at least TRY to say something constructive.
    I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back.
    Maya Angelou

Angie, Candice, Teena, Fergie Song Singer

I did not vote; but those are the ones I like the best.
    You can do it!

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    When she does it to the male contestants, I am actually more uncomfortable. She totally does not need to be doing that.
    NCLurker, Jexter and MsDiva2007 like this.
    You can do it!

March 05, 2013: The Top Ten Girls1.

1. Candace Glover. In my opinion, this was the best performance of the night; but only marginally. The second half of the show was back-loaded with mesmerizing and memorable performances. Ordinary People is one of my favorite songs of all time and she sang it brilliantly. What she did tonight will go down in history as the most vocally intricate and elegant jazz performances ever on the Idol stage. She is a great singer with a captivating stage presence and astute music acumen; e.g., very cerebral song choices, but won’t win her the title; likeability and game are equally important. She is likeable, but ordinary likeable; the kind that takes you deep into the competition but not the Finale. The winner will be someone who sings and plays the game well, but is insanely and irreversibly likeable. In order to win, Candace must make America love her more than the rest and I don’t know that she can because there are others who are insanely likeable, but I am often wrong and would love to be proven wrong again, because she is indeed a wonderful singer.
    2. Kree Harrison. She, too, is a wonderful singer, with astute music acumen and good game. Kree is my pick for Last Girl Standing. Here’s why. She is not only smart and likeable; she’s blessed with unlimited range and perfect pitch and employs them both effortlessly. More important, she is more likely than other competitors to be adopted and supported by Baby Boomers, Idol’s undisputed largest voting demographic. Inside this massive, working class, voting bloc lies a secondary tier of powerful major players; e.g., Southern and Midwestern Baby Boomers. It was Baby Boomers who adopted and fiercely supported the adult, working class, and Southern-born Phillip Phillips over the petite, California teenager, Jessica Sanchez (who, in my mind, was far and away the better singer). Like Phillip Phillips, Kree is a true southern country singer with enormous appeal to Baby Boomers, and that makes her very dangerous. She took a Faith Hill classic, a painful and gut-wrenching break-up song, sang it the key of the brilliant Martina McBride, disappeared inside her lyric, and brought down the house. Stronger was an absolutely magnificent performance.
    3. Amber Holcomb. As if a brilliant jazz performance, an equally brilliant country performance wasn’t enough; Amber delivered yet another show-stopping powerhouse, R&B performance from The Preacher’s Wife and the incomparable Whitney Houston, I Believe in You and Me. She, too, is a wonderful singer with uncompromising R&B authenticity; her R&B is real; wrong side of the tracks real. Keith said there were too many runs, but I disagree. Melisma and R&B go together like sugar and spice, so when you pick an old school and well-known R&B classic (as Vincent did with the best R&B love song ever recorded, Lenny Williams’ Because I Love You), you must execute those runs; otherwise you compromise the integrity of the song. Randy says Amber lacks confidence but I don’t know; it all seems natural to me. I think she’s a natural introvert; very mellow. These are wonderful traits in the real world but an albatross around your neck on the Idol stage. American Idol is a competition played on the dirty end of the field and there are times when you must join the fight, throw down, and mix it up with your fellow competitors, if winning is the goal. Amber is a wonderful singer but I wonder if she’s selfish enough, or hungry enough, to deliver a knock-out punch.
    4. Angie Miller. Yet another wonderful performance; this one an inspirational gospel rendition of a Colton Dixon song, Never Gone. For those who don’t remember, Colton was a front runner last year, but dissed his fans in the late rounds and was eliminated shortly thereafter. Angie sings like an angel and I want to believe every word, but I can’t. She creates rainbows of emotion with her music and invites us into her world, but I’m just not ready to join her. Why? Because there are also moments when she looks and acts like Colton Dixon, so I am holding her at arm’s length until I know more about her. If she turns out to be the real thing, as I hope, I will be one of her biggest fans, because she is a wonderful singer.
    5. Tenna Torres. This, too, was a good performance; a beautiful and emotionally-invested re-creation of Faith Hill’s melancholy Lost. There’s nothing finer in the world than a beautiful girl singing a beautiful song with a beautiful lyric. There are others who do it better but Tenna is also talented; a wonderful singer with booming pipes, unlimited range, and immense likeability, so I hope America votes her into the top ten because I loved what she brings to the Idol stage.
    6. Adriano Glover. Her cover of Destiny’s Child’s Stand Up For Love was mostly panned by the judges, and in my opinion, unfairly, because it was an accurate copy of the original. She would have fared better with another Aretha Franklin song, because the judges loved her cover of Ain’t No Way. I did too.
    7. Aubrey Cleland. An excellent cover of Fergie’s Big Girls Don’t Cry. Aubrey’s infinitely likeable; a good singer; and a very pretty girl. She commands the stage with a contemporary style and presence, but musically, she’s so raw, with oh so much work to do, it is hard to predict a target audience or a true market value. Since I can’t decide, I’m going to leave the court, sit the bench, and wait for America's decision.
    8. Janelle Arthur. Usually, I enjoy those moments when pretty girls get hold of muscular songs like Elvis’ If I Can Dream and wrap them up in feminine warmth, but this one is nearly neutered, so there wasn't much of the original to enjoy. Janelle is one of those special people with immense likeability, so it would not surprise me at all if she ended up top five.
    9. Breanna Steers. There was nothing wrong with her version of Beyonce’s Flaws and All, but, it was a little boring. I was about to suggest that it wasn’t good television but that wouldn’t be true; if Breanna’s in the frame, its good television; because she’s beautiful.
    10. Zoanette Johnson. I loved her personality the first time I saw her, but, her vocal technique is not very good, and that sometimes makes a very difficult listen. What a wonderful woman; what a beautiful soul! Those who read my posts know how much I love the freaks, geeks, and fringe-dwellers of this world because I am one and they are my family… I love Zoanette. They also know I never make personal attacks or despairing remarks about any of these kids because they are chasing dreams and doing the best they can.

ETA: Nicki is naughty….

Thank you liedenfrost! I always look forward to your reviews. I thoroughly enjoyed that.
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread