+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: 2/28 AI 12 Las Vegas Round #4 **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 2/28 AI 12 Las Vegas Round #4 **West Coast Spoilers**

As we all know and everybody is talking about it all over the internet. Lazaro will coast the voting rounds only because of his sob story. Many people think he's just an average singer.
    Cornholio and JohnnyK like this.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

People love sob stories to cry over and pity.

That's why Lazaro should have auditioned for America's Got Talent last year. Can you just imagine the faces of the audience and the judges as soon as he sings on the stage? The contestant with the sobbest story almost always wins in AGT. Lazaro could have won it. Same thing for that mediocre blind guy a few seasons ago who sometimes go off-key (Matt?) and was only there for sympathy taking a spot from more deserving contestants.
    JohnnyK likes this.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

Here it's about the good looking guy. There it's about the sob story.

If it's a choice between Paul Jolley and Lazaro Arbos. They both sang the same song for some reason but Paul ran rings around Lazaro. Keith was right, Lazaro should not have chosen that song but it didn't matter, he is one of the judges favorites so he can sing bad and still get in. They never critique his vocals but gush over his sob story.
    JohnnyK likes this.

Paul & Lazaro may have both sang a Keith Urban song but they didn't sing the same Keith Urban song, & yes I too thought Lazaro wasn't good at all.

I just listed to "Tonight I Wanna Cry" by Keith Urban that both Lazaro and Paul did. I'm not a country music fan, but this song doesn't seem to sound country at all to me and I'm surprised it didn't have more crossover success- it's really a pretty song.

With all the songs to sing, why would anyone pick a song that another contestant had already sung- it just opens you up to comparison whether you were better or worse. Not only did Lazaro do it, but Melinda Ademi sang the same Jessi J song that Angela Miller did in round one. I don't get it.

My appologies those two guys did sing the same song oops!

But neither of them did it justice.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    But neither of them did it justice.

In my mind, Keith Urban has NO duplicate, so no one but him can do that song justice. There are quite a number of song I wish he would cover, but I cringe whenever I hear someone else singing one of his songs . . . . although Chris Daughtry did a nice job with "Making Memories of Us" during his season (but he should have left out some of the bravado).
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

To the Point

I probably will not vote at all. Seldom have I ever. That being said, while I don't think Lazaro is great, there have been a good number of past contestants that I didn't feel were any better. I will be sad for him when this ride is over. I would love to think that maybe someone, somewhere, who has the skills/capacity to help him with the stuttering and the confidence will step up and offer a hand. The few times I have been moved to vote it has always been about who I truly enjoyed the most/had the best vocals to my ears. I would not give a sympathy vote! I am very tenderhearted though and it does move me when there is someone with REAL issues that have had such a huge impact such as his. Though I may find other back stories inspiring or moving I usually tire of them, and while I don't want to continue to hear about his every week I do not in anyway blame him. His is a situation that is front and center all the time whether he wants it to be or not, and I somehow think he would much prefer not having this to feature.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast