+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: 2/28 AI 12 Las Vegas Round #4 **West Coast Spoilers**

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Re: 2/28 AI 12 Las Vegas Round #4 **West Coast Spoilers**

No Wildcards? Oh Mathenee.

Could those eliminated this week and last week come back next year or did these count as live shows?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    I hope Mathenee comes back to Wildcard.

At this point I really do want Zoanette to win.
    There has never been a mention of a wild card. In fact Nigel has said there wouldn't be one.

At least this week the boys were better than they were last week. It has to be a very difficult thing for an artist like Keith to criticize someone who sings one of his songs, but he handled it pretty well with Lazaro. There just wasn't the same feel to the song as when Keith did it, of course he wrote it so it's going to be different, but there is different & there is different. Anyway, I guess I can't disagree with their choices last night, but I still think & hope this is a year for the girls.

Next week is going to be brutal once again. Not only are they cutting down to 10, but that will be your tour & everyone else is left holding the baggage. In the words of Arte Johnson....Verrrrry Interestink!

Since the only one I was even remotely entertained by was David, and David was cut, I have to wonder if it's worth watching the rest of the show. It's pretty obvious they're looking for a pop star, there is no diversity or variety (seem to be either pop or churchy style, and I do prefer the churchy). I was bored witless last night, spent a lot of time turning down the sound (not quite mute) or flipping back over to the hockey game. Was it only 10 guys who sang? It felt like 50.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazeeKy07 View Post
    Burnell was good, but he didn't have a moment!

David has been my favorite so far!
    Why do they need a "moment?" I've never understood that. Some songs can be very powerful understated and no big screechy notes.

David was my favorite, of all of them, the only one who I would buy the record if it was available. Judge comments, in my opinion, based as always on who they already planned to put through.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 03-01-2013 at 11:49 AM.
    mindy384 likes this.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

FORT Fogey

Although I liked it better that the process was more open this year, I still felt that the judges knew who was going through. Of course the improvement was that the people did not have to go up or down a long walk to meet the judges who had been shifting their pictures around to be sure they had enough of the pop princesses, cut guys and the cannon fodder.

I am just not really into AI this year. No one has really grabbed my attention like in past seasons. I even deleted the past few shows without watching them to the end. I sure hope that once we start with the Top 20, I find some interest again in the show.
    Lil Bit likes this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    I am just not really into AI this year. No one has really grabbed my attention like in past seasons. I even deleted the past few shows without watching them to the end. I sure hope that once we start with the Top 20, I find some interest again in the show.
    From what I read (and I can't find the exact article now), Wednesday night's rating weren't very good. I think a lot of old timers of the show, like me, are opting out, or just waiting for next week.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

I usually record AI, so I can FF through less than stellar performances and judges comments. I think this season my mute button, and FF have seen more action than watching the actual show.

I wish Mathanee had picked a different song. Elvis was his downfall. I probably liked Burnell the best last night, but nobody is really grabbing me this season. There have been quite a few mediocre singers picked this year, and I think AI has run it's course.

I will continue to record, and have that FF button ready. If some of the singers that can't seem to stay on pitch, end up in the top 10, I may be done this year. I don't usually vote, but I just may this time around, at least for the top 10.

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    From what I read (and I can't find the exact article now), Wednesday night's rating weren't very good. I think a lot of old timers of the show, like me, are opting out, or just waiting for next week.
    Two hours is too long. Less judges and less talking from the judges would move it along more quickly. I think they've taken a step backward. I was impressed the last couple years since Simon left that they actually had more talented people and less of the oddballs that Simon used to like to put through to stir up drama and controversy, but it looks like we're reverting. Also, stacking the deck with a particular "type." Or maybe I've been spoiled by the Voice and just can't get into Idol anymore. We'll see what happens when the voting starts if I find it any more entertaining.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

Voice is more singing talent and AI is more reality show.
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast