+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: 2/28 AI 12 Las Vegas Round #4 **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 2/28 AI 12 Las Vegas Round #4 **West Coast Spoilers**

Zoanette was great last night! Hopefully, she will continue to do this great for a long time.
    Shoepie and JohnnyK like this.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

Quote Originally Posted by CupidGuest View Post
    Zoanette was great last night! Hopefully, she will continue to do this great for a long time.
    I hope a lot more people think this way.
    CupidGuest likes this.

FORT Fogey

Yep, no Sikh Idol.

I think Lazaro will at least make it to the Tour!

Next week, mes amis!

To the Point

I don't think Lazaro is the best, but he isn't the worst. Tonight was definitely not his night and I definitely didn't necessarily agree with their picks.

Lazaro does make me sad though. His little look back where he talks about working in an ice cream store because it's the only job he can get and then he makes a comment about it being because he doesn't have to do anything smart like talk. That just hurts my heart. I just feel that somewhere along the line someone needed to help him with, not only the stuttering (people may have), but with his self-esteem. I don't know if this is the right place for him but I honestly am okay with his making it this far. I hope that he surpasses our expectations in how he performs. I also hope that when this is all said and done for him that someone, somewhere will reach out to him and mentor and encourage him. The other contestants really seem to love him based on the way they react to him.

And when I said I didn't necessarily agree with their choices, I meant most of them. I do get the feeling that they are stacking the deck for a female winner.
    sparklete likes this.

Nikki has some really great critiques and insight (more than I ever expected), but she ruins it with her "lil ladybug' and different accents and innapropriate comments. She must do it for attention. Sadly she doesn't need to, because she does offer up really good feedback when she isn't making a fool out of herself.

I like Keith as a judge- I didn't know much of anything about him before this, but I think he also gives the contestants solid constructive reviews as well.

As the one who has been there the longest, I'm surprised Randy doesn't sit at the beginning or end of the table as the 'lead'. He's sort-of sandwiched in the middle. He doesn't add much in the critique department anyway.

Mariah appears to be very nice, but she too doesn't add anything. I think she just sits there and tries too look good and leave each singer with a positive compliment.

4 judges is too many. Too much talking- we tune in to see the singing.
    mindy384 likes this.

Bryan Keith who was on "The Voice" last season, sang New York State of Mind and just blew me away. Bryant did OK, but there no comparison to Bryan's version. I was so sorry when he got eliminated. Some folks thought he was too arrogant, but I didn't see that.

WOW! This season is brutal for huge cuts.

Next week they are still in Las Vegas, the girls sing, then the boys sing, then they cut to TEN.

Check your guides for dates.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

This was my prediction from last week:

Lazaro Arbos
    Nick Boddington (returnee)
    Mathenee Treco (returnee)
    Burnell Taylor
    Cortez Shaw (returnee)

This was based on the fact that we have seen judges gush about them prior to this Sudden Death round. When I heard Mathenee sing, save for the last big falsetto note in the end, the whole thing wasn't all that. So I knew he was a goner as soon as I heard the judges' comments. Then Vincent Powell sang (also a returnee) and I knew he was taking Mathenee's place. Bryant and David did very good but I don't know why Nikki hated their performance. She really didn't critique them much. It looks like she already made up her mind before the singing even started.

I didn't like Cortez' performance at all because it was all over the place and very inconsistent. It's obvious that when all else fails, go for a big head voice note and sure enough he pulled the judges with the big notes. Burnell was good but he didn't have a wow moment. The judges love him only because he sounds different. As for Nick, it was his weakest performance to date yet but he got by based on his previous execellent performances.

The only selection that I was not in agreement with the judges was Lazaro. His performance was very mediocre and he was getting by based on his story. This is the one sympathy vote from the judges as it was obvious they didn't like his cheezy performance yet they love the fact that he is able to do his thing despite his disability. I think Lazaro already peaked. I would have selected David Willis. David was really good and his version of fever was very current. I think David was robbed (but we knew it was coming as he didn't have face time) and to a lesser degree Bryant who should have been in instead of Cortez.
    Last edited by jammyjoe; 03-01-2013 at 03:59 AM.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    WOW! This season is brutal for huge cuts.

Next week they are still in Las Vegas, the girls sing, then the boys sing, then they cut to TEN.

Check your guides for dates.
    Who cut? Judges?

Next week we vote. It's out of the judges' hands now. There are no wildcard picks this year.
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast