+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: 2/27 AI 12 Las Vegas Round #3 **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 2/27 AI 12 Las Vegas Round #3 **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    I love how very few people on here like Zoanette but more people like Charlie. Which is why I want Zoanette to beat him. She's the underdog.
    I don't like either one.
    JohnnyK likes this.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

To the Point

Shoepie, the voice not being good was totally the issue for me. I was cringing. She has a powerful voice. She also does seem to have the ability to be on key, but much of last night's song was just outside of that and she seems to be a "full on" kind of singer.......total volume or not at all. I just was not enjoying and, like I said, found myself cringing so I muted.
    Shoepie likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by TeacherLady View Post
    And they let Rachel go, and kept Janelle. I think Rachel is miles better. And Jett went home, and Zoanette stayed? What in the world?

Well, we can hope there are a few Wild Card picks.
    Always remember, they're not looking for the best singer, they're casting a reality show.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    Come on ladies... pick up the pace! What's with everyone singing snoozers tonight? with her, either. At least .
    The majority of the 30 who have sung so far have been snoozers. I haven't really liked anyone yet. If there isn't someone with the guys tonight that grabs my attention, I'm wondering if I'll be watching when it goes to voting. To be fair, it's just that none of them are singing in a style that appeals to me. Seems like they are looking for a pop star (is that what they're singing? Current pop stuff?), which pretty much bores me silly.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    I loved Zonette's rendition of The Circle of Life! Wow That said, the range was too low so her so her voice wasn't that good. I hope she sticks around long enough so we can hear how she arranges other songs. I know little about this but couldn't they have raised the key for her?
    I couldn't understand a word she was saying and didn't even realize it was Circle of Life until the very end when I actually understood that phrase. She was different from the pop princesses that preceded her -I'll give her that.
    Monte71 likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker View Post
    Shoepie, the voice not being good was totally the issue for me. I was cringing. She has a powerful voice. She also does seem to have the ability to be on key, but much of last night's song was just outside of that and she seems to be a "full on" kind of singer.......total volume or not at all. I just was not enjoying and, like I said, found myself cringing so I muted.
    I agree. I cringed as I listened, too, and tried to focus on the band. They did a fabulous job and that is what I loved! There was something familiar about the song that I haunted me until I recognized it half way through. . I would love to hear someone do that exact arrangement who has a lower register and can handle it. I would also like to hear her sing so I can know if her voice is good.
    BTW likes this.

FORT Fogey

I just went back and listened to Zonette again. In the middle she was on key for one refrain and that was it. She was flat the rest of the song. In the past it was not uncommon to hear the judges say their opinion changed upon rewatching. She must have sounded much better live.

Singing live brought the emotion out which grabbed the judges, the viewers maybe not so much. Anyway, I did like her voice over other of the pop girls and her colorful personality will bring welcome spice to the show. I'm not going to dismiss her as, like the judges, I want to see what she'll bring next.

Why are the two most interesting personalities - Charlie and Zoanette - considered for VFTW status? I think they will find their audience once they hit the main stage and PITY VOTES or CYNICAL VOTES shouldn't matter.
    Shoepie likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    Why are the two most interesting personalities - Charlie and Zoanette - considered for VFTW status? I think they will find their audience once they hit the main stage and PITY VOTES or CYNICAL VOTES shouldn't matter.
    Because they are THAT bad, they are not good looking, their tone is grating to the ears, and there are better singers that should have made it over them. They are also over the top personalities so that's something the judges want for the casting, disregarding the vocals altogether. What are cynical votes? I never heard of that one. People who get pity/sympathy votes are those with sad back stories or with disabilities. OTOH, they may have a disability....the disability to sing on key.
    BTW and Lil Bit like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723 View Post
    The majority of the 30 who have sung so far have been snoozers. I haven't really liked anyone yet. If there isn't someone with the guys tonight that grabs my attention, I'm wondering if I'll be watching when it goes to voting. To be fair, it's just that none of them are singing in a style that appeals to me. Seems like they are looking for a pop star (is that what they're singing? Current pop stuff?), which pretty much bores me silly.
    I guess they are not catering to your demographic. What type of singer and genre grabs your attention? A WGWG?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast