+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: 2/14 AI 12 Hollywood Round #4 **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 2/14 AI 12 Hollywood Round #4 **West Coast Spoilers**

3 years have come & gone & yet we still get the old "Simon would have, Simon wouldn't have" It is more than tired already. If Simon was all that his Idol knock off would be setting the world on fire instead of going down in flames.

I just can't imagine Zoanette making it out of Las Vegas. Someone else mentioned she didn't look 20, I'd say she looks closer to 50 for cryin out loud.

FORT Fogey

At least they got rid of the three room bit...that got tiresome. Also noticed that they didn't go with "looks". Most of these kids are average looking people whose voice is the key....not if they look like pop stars.

FORT Fogey

I just can't imagine Zoanette making it out of Las Vegas. Someone else mentioned she didn't look 20, I'd say she looks closer to 50 for cryin out loud.
    20? I am shocked. And shocked they put her through! Why?
    NCLurker likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    20? I am shocked. And shocked they put her through! Why?
    I am also shocked. I'd be pissed, if I were cut and she went on. As to "why?"... I also believe it is for the drama. There are very few girls who really stood out for me. Maybe I'll get hooked when there aren't as many to keep track of, but so far, I'm still on the Charlie Askew bandwagon. Do I think he'll win it all? Probably not. My tastes aren't America's it would seem. But I lit up when he came out with the guys at the end.
    Count your blessings!

I believe they had amazing talent.

The girl with the dark eye brows and hat--the show needs to give her a makeover and a temporary job. She might do things you might not want an employee to do. That is why I said temporary. She might be a good employee. And it could change her life.

The men--the guy glorifying weirdness, singing the song "use to know". I like him.

The blonde guy singing "wonderful world"--I loved him.

The song that both one man and one woman sang about throwing ashes into the universe--I love that song.
    You can do it!

FORT Fogey

I love Zoanette. But 20? wow, she does look quite old.
    Again with the Simon thing, he would have put this girl to top 24. He loves these types..remember roman and another crazy girl from NY

I don't know anyone, I don't even watch the show I did however see Charlie on youtube, he gave me( to quote J'LO) goosies LOL. No he really is that good in my opinion
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

So can anyone tell me how next week works? When does the voting start?

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

Las Vegas week the judges should cut down to 20 (10 boys/10 girls) then the show moves to live TV the following week and we get to start voting. They may bring 30 or 24 to the live stage, but this year I think they want to keep the numbers even between boys and girls.
    superman2004 likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker View Post
    jammyjoe, Simon allowed his share of drama through for the sake of drama. He didn't always get it right and he often had "ratings" reasons for the choices he made. You obviously were a huge Simon fan, I'm fine with that, however, Simon was just as guilty as this crowd when it came to allowing the drama through for the sake of drama. His choices for the drama may have differed, but it happened.

All that being said, I really, really hope that Zoanette is as far as she is going. I could not believe they let her through.
    Did AI even checked this Zoanette's birth certificate? First time I saw her, I thought she was 50. Anyway, Simon is still better than most of the judges when it comes to being honest about a contestant that's why most of the contestants respect his opinion and the polls agree also. He had a few missteps because at times he'll ignore the contestant's limitations and rely on their potential. Of course most of the time we never realize that potential. Also sometimes he gets outvoted by the 3 judges, i.e. Sanjaya Malakar, Normund Mitchell, to name a couple --- so not really his fault that we see crappy contestants falling through the cracks. In case of Zoanette, we have a case of the judges being fascinated by what she does but i don't get it because she's really gross. I thought Mariah would not allow it or even Keith, but perhaps one of them is getting outvoted. They laugh at her whenever she performs. They were not even serious with her. They just go wow and not critique the singing. They probably think she's a novelty and put through to satisfy their guilty pleasure.
    superman2004 likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast