+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: 2/6 AI 12 Hollywood Round #1 **West Coast Spoilers**

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Re: 2/6 AI 12 Hollywood Round #1 **West Coast Spoilers**

Are they turfing us with Lazaro now? Probably.

FORT Fogey

Are they turfing us with Lazaro now?
    Meaning?
    NCLurker likes this.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Personally, I think any contestant who messes up the lyrics should go home. They're going to have to perform a new song each week so if they can't learn song lyrics, they need to go. Seriously, how long does it take to learn a segment of a song? Even if you've never heard it before, you should be able to remember the words for 20-40 seconds of a song. With as many hours as they have to learn it, I would think they should be able to learn the whole song in that time. I had to sing songs in chorus I'd never heard before and it's not that hard.

I was happy for the stuttering guy that he got through the first part, although I didn't care much for his song choice, Angels. I thought he should have been cut in the group rounds, though. He was one of the worst of his group. Only the one dude (Christian?? The other one who made it through, anyway.) did well in his group.
    YellowRose, mindy384 and sparklete like this.
    Current Pools: Face Off 7, Masterchef 5, So You Think You Can Dance 11
    Upcoming Pools: Project Runway 13 Registration Deadline: July 31st

FORT Fogey

I like the way the groups are being handled this year. If you have a good voice but forget the lyrics they go though. In the past, way too much depended on the group effort and no lyrics got you the axe. They understood the fatigue and overlooked some huge gaffs.

At first I thought uh oh, not good that they chose the groups for them but then I got what they were doing. They eliminated time spent with them choosing and switching with a couple of singers wandering around, begging to be part of some group who had already done signifigant work on the song.

Lazaro had zero chance of getting far since he would be singing songs he has never heard the entire way through. This competition is not for anyone who does not have knowledge of our music here.

I was shocked Charlie did not go through. I thought he did well. But then, some who moved on were a mystery to me too! It must sound different in person that we hear on our TV.

One hour tonight and the men sing individually.

FORT Fogey

Did they give a reason for the divisionof the genders....I may have missed it? I did think that the round did go more smoothly with the producers selecting the groups and just one gender.

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

Explanation for division of genders: NO distractions.

Wow, we got to see Ken Warwick, the invisible Executive Producer. I think he and Nigel Lythgoe - the visible Executive Producer put the groups together themselves in order to avoid the rejection situation that happened in season 10. They wanted to avoid that kind of drama as it was a DISTRACTION, but some groups just couldn't coalesce, which caused its own drama.

I think I read that they are going to keep the numbers even this season - from 40 to 20 to 10. With Only Jimmy as the mentor, they are really tightening the production reins this season. Let's see if that holds. As far as the numbers...I don't know when they will start counting the girls and boys together...probably when they reach 20 of each.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

FORT Fogey

I think after the girls next week we will see them together.

This season is going to be better and the judges have a lot to do with it, for me. Though I am not a fan of either women, Nicki has given very good feedback. Mariah's diva behavior makes for good comic relief. Keith is doing a superior job and even Randy has stepped up to leave the slang behind and actually use words to express his thoughts. I sense Nigel is behind that.

Just have to say it; Nicki's flat little head really needs some new wig styles. And that long white/blonde wig is not flattering or even "out there," as she thinks it is. Just a bad wig.

Anyone have a favorite yet? I don't =( I remember last season I was hooked on Phillip from his audition to his win. No one in particular has stood out to me like that yet.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

FORT Fogey

Agree ... I have no favorites yet. Nobody has stood out for me. Maybe because they are not pushing anybody. It seemed like Scottie got a lot of face time during Hollywood week.....and Phillip was also front and center last year

Well, I've already said it, but Charlie Askew is my favorite at this point.
    Shoepie likes this.
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast